G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Need help again! Anyone with a car alarm!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 01:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by g4s
i wasnt suggesting either. you were asking if a copy of the valet key would work while the chipped key was in the 556. so that test basically emulated what you were asking for previously (unless my eyes are failing me and the wallet key is keyed differently). my test for some reason, shows that it doesnt work.

*scratches head. shoulda worked tho...im not technically inclined on the workings of the chip.

glad you got your stuff to work. one of my main problems was that the auto lights would not turn off, even after the max 5 minutes. i dont know what the installer did but he got it to work correctly. make sure you test that out before you have a dead battery on your hands.
Hey g4s, well here was my problem. For the entire night when only half my system was installed and the immobilizer was not yet put in, this weird thing happened where the car would try to start every few hours. It did it 3 times during the night. And everytime it would try to start and failed, the headlights that were on auto would not shut off. But now, I leave it on auto headlight and i lock the car and the lights turn off as they should. Do you have any idea what the previous problem could have been or if i should worry about it happening again. I think it might have been a mis-set timer mode. Whatcha think?

Old 04-29-2005, 08:01 AM
g4s
not sure why it would have attempted to start by itself, unless you have a timing module as well. if this hasnt happened after the complete install you should be in the green. but id address it with the installer regardless.

Old 04-29-2005, 08:22 AM
Originally Posted by g4s
just tested it with the wallet key, and the master key sitting on the steering wheel. cranked but didnt start. the transponder box is going to be a lot further away.
That's funny! I did the same thing yesterday as an experiment too. I held the master key right by the ignition. Mine also turned over, but did not start. But, when I used the master key it did not start either, so I got out, set and unset the (standard) alarm and it worked fine. I had been warned by the dealer not to use the wallet key to start the car as it would require a major (ie expensive) reset of something. I had tried this a few years ago with my I30 wallet key with no problem (and no starting either) and I had read somewhere that there is no problem if you do it once or twice, but if you try too many times the system may get confused. I think I read that you can reset it by doing something simple, but don't take my word for it.

I did it to see, as you did, if a non-transponder copy of a key would be able to be used as a valet key.

If I were to do this type of alarm I would also keep both master keys.

So, how does the remote-start alarm get the OK signal to the car from the valet key?

Old 04-29-2005, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by OCxG35
Ok, i'm goin to try to respond to as much as I remember. First of all, I did use the Valet key for the immobilizer and actually I meant a immobilizer not a mobilizer. Like I said, when it comes to technical things, I'm a newbie. So, it looks like I lose the features of a valet key, but atleast I have two spare keys. To me, atleast 2 keys is better then 1 key and 1 valet key. Also, as one of you expressed, I also did have some problems with the alarm. For example, I had part of the alarm installed yesterday and the rest this morning. The immobilizer wasn't installed yesterday, and as a result, for some CRAZY REASON, about three times last night, my car kept trying to start itself. CRAZY HUH? But yeah, i think im going to make a thread about the problems I ran into and what people should watch out for. There are little things that can go wrong that can be avoided that I went through. By the way, the DEI 556 did work for the 05 model. thanks for all your inputs. I really appreciate it.
damn thats not good... I think you should find a better installer. I got mine installed october of last year and they didn't have any problems... only problem i've had seems to be a defective two way remote... the sending range of the remote has decreased significantly but it still manages to receive signals from the alarm unit...

Old 04-29-2005, 03:50 PM
Originally Posted by tsolin01
damn thats not good... I think you should find a better installer. I got mine installed october of last year and they didn't have any problems... only problem i've had seems to be a defective two way remote... the sending range of the remote has decreased significantly but it still manages to receive signals from the alarm unit...
Alright, got my alarm completely installed yesterday as I stated and the immobilizer is in place and I got through the entire night without one attempted remote start. (clap clap clap!) So it looks like it was either the timer mode or that it was the partial install. Lesson learned, Don't get a partial instal and if you do, disarm the alarm until it is installed completely. Also, addressing your past problem with the remote. I'm glad it got fixed. The range is pretty crazy on mine. It says up to a quarter mile and i think its definitely true. My remote has not lost signal yet and i'm pretty damn far from my car all the time.