G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Crossdrilling Oem Rotors?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2005 | 07:15 PM
|
Crossdrilling Oem Rotors?

Hello Fellow G35 Lovers, As A 2005 6mt Owner, Blk/blk I Want The Look Of The Cross Drilled Rotors So I Was Thinking Of Taking Oem Rotors, And Having Them Cross Drilled. But I Heard That It Not Good And The Rotors Cant Tolerate It, So I Would Have To Gget Brembo Oem Rotors And Pads Do You Guys Think That These Diff Rotors And Pads Will Make Noise, And The Factory Brakes Stop Great So Another Question Is, That If I Cross Drill The Factory Rotors Does That Make Them Weak And Possibly Dangerous?

Old 05-04-2005 | 07:26 PM
Dude...new cross-drilled rotors do not cost THAT much...why take the risk?

Old 05-04-2005 | 07:32 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
if you cross drill regular rotors your just hurting your pads.. theres no point in doing that.. cross drilled rotors are different from regular rotors.. by drilling regular rotors you wont get the same effect as buying rotors that are suppose to be drilled..

Generally the better your brakes the more noise ur gona end up making..

Old 05-04-2005 | 08:08 PM
The forum is getting dumber by the minute.
I'm expecting Homer Simpson to ask about putting "speed holes" into the fenders.
I'm surprised that even I'm still here!

Last edited by TopTech; 05-04-2005 at 08:11 PM.
Old 05-04-2005 | 09:31 PM
bad idea.. you can get cross drilled much cheaper and if you plan to track your car stick with slotted.

Old 05-04-2005 | 10:07 PM
mwarsh1 - dont do it. This has to be done properly and with right equipment. Unless you got access to it, dont do it. I would just buy the drilled once. This way you at least have some sort of warantee from the manufacturer.

Klumzyee - you not really hurting your pads. They just get eaten away a lot quicker. but you not hurting your pads in anyway.

TopTech - I feel the same way at time. I see some strange comments on here... you'd think it was a civic forum or something.

HomieG35 - There has been a lot of talk about people cracking their cross drilled or even slotted rotors. For some reason all the people that i came across INCLUDING myself never had that problem. Normally i can see that happening if there is a change in temperature (sudden change) such as if you brake hard from 100 then go through water and metal cools way too fest causing stress.
I have my cross drilled on for over a year now and still no issues. They are made by STOPTECH. They didnt VOID waranty and will never do. Infiniti actually paid for them and for my HAWK pads as well. Had the dealer check them out and he said nice job. (did the work myself)

Slotted is better way to go if you racing or doing track events.

Old 05-04-2005 | 10:23 PM
G'z 6MT
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

You are bidding on a complete set of

2 FRONT 2 REAR RACECONCEPTS cross drilled/slot rotors

FRONT & REAR METAL MASTER

for the following application:

02+ 350z & g35 non brembo caliper

ROTORS DESIGN

DRILL/SLOT ( DEFAULT )

SLOT ONLY ( additional $8.00 per rotors )

DRILL ONLY ( additional $8.00 per rotors )

DIMPLE & SLOT ( additional $8.00 per rotors )

BORE & SLOT ( additional $15.00 per rotors )

All Raceconcepts brake rotors are ISO-9002 / QS-9000 / VDA 6.1 Approved
Check it!!!

Old 05-04-2005 | 11:57 PM
Omega Enthusiast
Originally Posted by mwarsh1
Hello Fellow G35 Lovers, As A 2005 6mt Owner, Blk/blk I Want The Look Of The Cross Drilled Rotors So I Was Thinking Of Taking Oem Rotors, And Having Them Cross Drilled. But I Heard That It Not Good And The Rotors Cant Tolerate It, So I Would Have To Gget Brembo Oem Rotors And Pads Do You Guys Think That These Diff Rotors And Pads Will Make Noise, And The Factory Brakes Stop Great So Another Question Is, That If I Cross Drill The Factory Rotors Does That Make Them Weak And Possibly Dangerous?
Before you go and start drilling holes in your stock rotors, I'd suggest you start using proper English sentence structure with periods!

Joking aside, you're better off getting aftermarket rotors. Why the sudden need for cross drilled rotors?

Old 05-05-2005 | 12:30 AM
Whats the deal on the rotors available on ebay... like iRotors etc any info?

Old 05-05-2005 | 02:28 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
actually you are hurting the pads for no reason.. your not improving performance.. drilled rotors eat up pads way faster then regular rotors.. i find something wrong with that..

if you guys plan to buy slotted rotors make sure they are ment to be sloted.. not just regular rotors drilled through.. buy name brands from authorized dealers.. ebay is chancing it but still good

Old 05-05-2005 | 08:10 AM
Originally Posted by mwarsh1
why do you start each word with a capital letter?

Old 05-05-2005 | 08:14 AM
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by ZeroGen
Before you go and start drilling holes in your stock rotors, I'd suggest you start using proper English sentence structure with periods!

Joking aside, you're better off getting aftermarket rotors. Why the sudden need for cross drilled rotors?
Yeah what's with the caps on each word???

Old 05-05-2005 | 08:16 AM
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by TopTech
The forum is getting dumber by the minute.
I'm expecting Homer Simpson to ask about putting "speed holes" into the fenders.
I'm surprised that even I'm still here!
There certianly are some interesting posts on here. Is there anything at all that people don't want to do to their new $35k cars?

Old 05-05-2005 | 10:42 PM

Last edited by TopTech; 05-06-2005 at 12:24 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Crossdrilling Oem Rotors?