G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Auto Lock

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 11:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Auto Lock

Is there anyway to have the doors automatically lock at a certain speed? or atleast once the car is moving?? If so how do you do it?

Old 05-04-2005, 11:30 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
theres a mod somewhere that'll lock the doors after the car starts.. its not like u can open a door at +60mph anyways

Old 05-04-2005, 11:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why would you even want this? Its not hard, press a button, dont pay for it.

Besides, if you pull the handle, the door unlocks anyway.

Old 05-04-2005, 11:51 PM
becuase I live in North Jersey.. go into the city.. have a kid and would like the car to auto lock after in motion.. sometimes I forget to lock the doors when Im in a rush and it would suck if I forgot one night and someone jumped in my car while at a light or something.. especially when it is a standard feature on most cars.. and if the car has the capability of doing it why not take advantage of it beings I paid a pretty good penny for it..

Old 05-05-2005, 03:52 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by the46
becuase I live in North Jersey.. go into the city.. have a kid and would like the car to auto lock after in motion.. sometimes I forget to lock the doors when Im in a rush and it would suck if I forgot one night and someone jumped in my car while at a light or something.. especially when it is a standard feature on most cars.. and if the car has the capability of doing it why not take advantage of it beings I paid a pretty good penny for it..
actually our doors do lock by themselves.. or i think they do.. i was sitting my car one time waiting for my friend with the engine off and the doors locked.. i was like O.o

Old 05-05-2005, 03:55 AM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
Is there anyway to have the doors automatically lock at a certain speed? or atleast once the car is moving?? If so how do you do it?

yeah i'm wondering too..

even my jeep had it..@ 20mph it'll lock

Old 05-05-2005, 06:39 AM
The doors do not lock by themselves unless...

1. You lock the vehicle after you leave it unattended.
2. You use the OEM remote to unlock the doors BUT YOU DON'T OPEN THEM.
3. In about 30 seconds they'll re-lock themselves if YOU DON'T OPEN EITHER OF THE DOORS.

If you want your doors to lock automatically you need to buy the KP Technologies VDC module. Go to www.KPTechnologies.com and click on products then select Window Roll Up (Infiniti/Nissan). This product will allow you to roll your windows up by pressing the lock button on the OEM remote twice and it will allow you to program your vehicle so that it locks about 5 seconds after you start your vehicle. (The door doesn't need to be closed either).

And to answer your question before you ask it... No, it doesn't read the speed of the vehicle. That module is being worked on, but is still several months out from being able to be beta tested, then from there several months of testing will need to be done before the product will make it to the market.

Tell KPTech that Neffster sent ya'.

Old 05-05-2005, 08:02 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by G35_coupe_6MT
Why would you even want this? Its not hard, press a button, dont pay for it.

Besides, if you pull the handle, the door unlocks anyway.
Agree with you. I don't want the car doing stuff for me like that unless I choose it.
It must be people who live in scary areas that would want this for security reasons.

Old 05-05-2005, 09:49 AM
Yeah, if I had a kid, fear factor would be increased in the equation.

Old 05-05-2005, 11:20 AM
why wont the dealer do it??

For my other car, my audi dealer did it for me for no charge... i wanted them to lock at 10 mph and they did it!

Old 05-05-2005, 11:31 AM
for Audi/VW, dealer just plugs into the OBDII port and can edit all those settings like that... i don't Nissan made these options dealer adjustable

Old 05-05-2005, 01:30 PM
On a side note, not to get off topic, but I just rememberd a little "thing" that happened to me. I went to subway and as soon as I parked I got a phone call... So while talking on the phone (still inside the car), I started to play around with the keyfob and locked the car with it (engine off) and unlocked it. I talked for probably 3 mins more so by that time the doors had automatically locked... when I hanged up and opened the door... ALARM ahaha man everyone inside subway thought I had stolen the car or something... I started to press every button there was, and the alarm woulnt shut off... It doesnt make sence to me, but opening the trunk with the keyfob made the alarm shut off... I cant recall reading this part on the Infiniti Manual.

Old 05-05-2005, 03:12 PM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RBull
Agree with you. I don't want the car doing stuff for me like that unless I choose it.
It must be people who live in scary areas that would want this for security reasons.

yes. cars with that have this function will allow you to program whether or not you want the doors to lock. so you would choose it.

i think it's a feature that our cars should have as all other cars in it's class have it.. and so did my 2003 Jeep Liberty.

Old 05-05-2005, 07:48 PM
I like auto locking doors for two safety reasons.

1-It keeps people out (a potential problem anywhere these days, not just New Jersey).
2-It keeps people in-me and my passengers in an accident. Statistically, we are much safer in the car than in being thrown out in an accident.

I almost always remember to lock the doors when I start, but I'd rather be certain and have it automatically done. The KPTechnologies site says that this feature can easily be turned on or off from the remote.

I'm thinking about getting this. To install they recommend a door panel removal tool. What is this? Will a padded screwdriver work?

Thanks.

Old 05-05-2005, 07:54 PM
Yes there is and I love it... These guys also sell a VDC module; check the web pages for info:
http://www.wesellcarparts.com/store/...sp?idProduct=1
Production Description: This module easily installs under your vehicle's door panel and allows you to roll up the windows by pressing the LOCK button twice on your remote. It can also be used to vent the windows and auto lock the doors when the car is started.

http://www.wesellcarparts.com/store/...p?idProduct=17
Product Description: This module is used to add a memory feature to the traction control switch in your vehicle. The unit automatically stores the ON/OFF state of the switch when the vehicle is shut off and restores the setting when the ignition is turned on.

Last edited by htownboy; 05-05-2005 at 07:58 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Auto Lock