G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Auto Lock

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 09:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ The parts sold by wesellcarparts that you mention are the ones made by KPTechnologies (their name is on the PC board in the picture). They sell them for a little more than KP but they incluce shipping. KP ships free if you buy 2 or more modules.

So-what is the door removal tool?

Old 05-05-2005, 10:11 PM
My doors auto lock 30 seconds after I start the car. I did upgrade the factory alarm with the additional shock/motion sensors, but I do not think that this has anything to do with it. Once the car is off and I lock the car using the keyfob, I press lock again. This makes my parking lights flash. This process sets the autolock function to either on or off.

Old 05-06-2005, 04:15 PM
In development

Originally Posted by the46
Is there anyway to have the doors automatically lock at a certain speed? or atleast once the car is moving?? If so how do you do it?
Kevin Pierson is on the job. Listed as one of the products in development is a speed door locking control. It will lock the doors after a time delay or after a certain engine RPM is reached (so it's not really speed locking, but engine speed locking). When you turn off the ignition it will unlock the doors.

The window module currently available will lock the doors after a time delay, but won't unlock them. The unlock part isn't a big deal for many people since the doors unlock when you pull the interior handle. I get out of the drivers door when in the garage and like to get into the passenger door after checking the mail. The only problem is the passenger door is still locked if I had both doors locked when I parked. Having the unlock feature of the module in development is very important to me.

As the product is still in development there will be a little delay before it is available for purchase.

http://www.kptechnologies.com/

The other alternatives would be to use a DEI module along with several relays and you would need to cut into a few wires. Kevin's product will communicate with the computer resulting in what I think is a much cleaner install. After market alarms can also be installed to do the door locking/unlocking as well.

Greg

Old 05-06-2005, 04:59 PM
I like the option to close the windows from the remotes but can it be set to close the sunroof too? Man, I leave that thing open all the time and don't notice it until after I've shut the car off and left the vehicle at which point I need to put the key back in to close the sunroof.

Old 05-06-2005, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by Andy77
^ The parts sold by wesellcarparts that you mention are the ones made by KPTechnologies (their name is on the PC board in the picture). They sell them for a little more than KP but they incluce shipping. KP ships free if you buy 2 or more modules.

So-what is the door removal tool?
When you go to the KPT website (as I did) and place your order you are directed to wesellcarparts and if you buy the 2 the shipping is free... They are somehow affiliated.

Old 05-06-2005, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by whyjay91
I like the option to close the windows from the remotes but can it be set to close the sunroof too? Man, I leave that thing open all the time and don't notice it until after I've shut the car off and left the vehicle at which point I need to put the key back in to close the sunroof.
Yeah, I do that all the time also...

Old 05-06-2005, 11:33 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by neffster
The doors do not lock by themselves unless...

1. You lock the vehicle after you leave it unattended.
2. You use the OEM remote to unlock the doors BUT YOU DON'T OPEN THEM.
3. In about 30 seconds they'll re-lock themselves if YOU DON'T OPEN EITHER OF THE DOORS.

If you want your doors to lock automatically you need to buy the KP Technologies VDC module. Go to www.KPTechnologies.com and click on products then select Window Roll Up (Infiniti/Nissan). This product will allow you to roll your windows up by pressing the lock button on the OEM remote twice and it will allow you to program your vehicle so that it locks about 5 seconds after you start your vehicle. (The door doesn't need to be closed either).

And to answer your question before you ask it... No, it doesn't read the speed of the vehicle. That module is being worked on, but is still several months out from being able to be beta tested, then from there several months of testing will need to be done before the product will make it to the market.

Tell KPTech that Neffster sent ya'.
Not to step on any toes Todd, but the main reason why I got that mod was for the auto lock.....little did I know that you have to manually unlock the doors when you turn the car off, kinda weak. You think they would of spent a little extra time to put that in. Because of that, I have the mod off and never use the window mod, waste of $50 IMHO.

Old 05-07-2005, 08:57 AM
I don't mind the doors staying locked after turning off the car (I don't have this mod, but my Taurus works that way), but maybe they could engineer it to be an option.

Thanks for the info about the ordering and the two sites.

Old 11-07-2005, 10:41 PM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
andy and the46

kptechnologies now offers an auto lock / unlock module. it works one of three ways: six second delay, instant lock, rpm based which is currently being converted to speed based.

six sec locks the doors six seconds after the igintion is turned on
instant locks them as soon as the ignition is turned on
rpm soon to be speed based locks doors when car hits 10 mph

chazm sorry you feel that way about our products. the reason you have to hit unlock is because you have an 05 in 05 the switched to electrical locks in the coupes to be like the sedans in 03 and 04 coupes they have mechanical locks where you just have to pull the handle to get out. but i guess that doesnt really matter now that you sold the car.

if you guys are interested in gettin the auto lock / unlock module please check out this thread. https://g35driver.com/forums/florida-g-club/74089-kptechnologies-shift-lights.html