G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Has anyone reconnected the regular brake light with the OEM spoiler?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 01:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone reconnected the regular brake light with the OEM spoiler?

I was just wondering if anyone reconnected the regular brake light, if you have the OEM spoiler. They seem to disconnect it, so that when you brake, the two sides come on, and the strip in the spoiler light comes on. I reconnected the brake light, and I actually think it looks kinda cool with the extra brake light. Is there a reason for why they disconnect it? Is it against the law to have 4 brake lights? I know the law that says that vehicles over a certain date need an additional brake light along with the two regular ones, but is having an extra one a problem?

Try it out for yourself, I think it looks kinda cool!

Old 05-07-2005, 02:22 PM
How would I re-connect my OEM Spoiler light?

Old 05-07-2005, 02:42 PM
If you have the spoiler, that light should already be connected..

If you mean how do you reconnect the regular brake light (the one inside the car) just fold back your backseats and climb in, pop up the box and the wire should be hanging there just plug it back in.

Old 05-07-2005, 02:51 PM
Ahh gotcha.. The brake light against our rear window .. Mine was not connected when I bought the car (OEM Spoiler), but after doing the rear tint I just plugged it back in.

Last edited by pharrari; 05-07-2005 at 02:53 PM.
Old 05-07-2005, 03:31 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by heeb
I was just wondering if anyone reconnected the regular brake light, if you have the OEM spoiler. They seem to disconnect it, so that when you brake, the two sides come on, and the strip in the spoiler light comes on. I reconnected the brake light, and I actually think it looks kinda cool with the extra brake light. Is there a reason for why they disconnect it? Is it against the law to have 4 brake lights? I know the law that says that vehicles over a certain date need an additional brake light along with the two regular ones, but is having an extra one a problem?

Try it out for yourself, I think it looks kinda cool!
the law says you need ALL FOUR connected...

but if you bought the car with the spoiler from factory you wont have a 3rd brake light, it wont be needed cause theres one already on the spoiler

Old 05-07-2005, 03:40 PM
I thought that they all have that back brake light against the back window? Regardless of spoiler or not, they just include it there. My car had the "Aerodynamic Body Kit with Spoiler" option on the sticker, and I have that peiece. They dont take it out, because otherwise there is just an empty hole there, so they just disconnect it.

Old 05-07-2005, 03:56 PM
If you order it directly from the factory with the aero package, then you will not have the interior 3rd brake light. Most likely if you have that interior brake light along with the aero package, then the dealer just installed it themselves, disconnected the interior light, and reprinted the window sticker to reflect the additional package.

Old 05-07-2005, 04:02 PM
what bad said....

The dealer had several G35's with the window brake light not even in place, it was carpeted over. The hump was there but was completely covered.

My G35 got the full aero kit installed so I have all 4 brake lights. I was wondering what the consensus was on this. At first I thought it would look jacked but took a look at it at night and not too bad. Anyway, here in Tucson, I need all the brake lights I can get so the 70+ year old SnowBirds from Michigan and Illinois won't run their 1992 El Dorado into my rear. In fact, I think I may turn the entire rear window into one huge LED brakelight.

I can see a "blue hair" now driving after dark with those wrap around nuclear blast proof sunglasses bearing down on me at a stoplight.

Old 05-07-2005, 05:56 PM
Want to add a really nice EASY mod to your 3rd brake light, no matter which one?

CHECK OUT THIS PLACE

Go to Brake Light Pulser.... A VERY easy mod to do.

Old 05-07-2005, 09:27 PM
I guess that would be pretty cool, but I dont want it going off every time I have to brake. I do want something like that, where I can have that brake light flash a few times to get tailgaters and such off my back. So that does give me an idea..

Old 05-08-2005, 12:21 AM
re

Mine was also disconneted. The dealer disconnects when installing dealer added Spoiler. Factory Install have carpet where light is locatedf.
Just reconnect wire harness, I did -looks better and safer.

Old 05-08-2005, 01:08 AM
if the aero kit with spoiler is installed at the factory in japan, there is no light or box under the rear window, it is completely flat and covered with carpet (this is what i have). if ihe aero kit gets installed at the port (LA), then you do have the light under the rear window because there is no easy way for them to change out the back deck.

Old 05-08-2005, 01:36 AM
Mine was also installed at the factory in Japan. My salesman tried to sell me all these cars on the lot that had the rear brake light and insisted that the dealer installed rear spoiler would look just as good as the factory installed one. I wouldn't know if that's true but I patiently waited for the car I ordered and I'm glad I did because I do not like the rear brake light being there. Just my opinion.

Old 05-08-2005, 02:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So is it against the law if we (peeps with no third light in window, but WITH a spoiler) remove our spoiler?

Old 05-08-2005, 02:35 AM
Originally Posted by GRider35c
the law says you need ALL FOUR connected...

but if you bought the car with the spoiler from factory you wont have a 3rd brake light, it wont be needed cause theres one already on the spoiler
laws vary from state to state.....but I highly doubt there is any law in any state that says you must have 4 brake lamps.....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Has anyone reconnected the regular brake light with the OEM spoiler?