Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol

Old 05-09-2005, 11:10 PM
looks like a Tc

Old 05-09-2005, 11:42 PM
WRAH
I want to know where those ground clearence numbers are measured? I'm not believing that it 2 tenths of an inch lower.

I do see that the whole car sits lower, but $hit I can't imagine loosing 7 inches of headroom. Damn!!!

I give mitsu one thing, you could run over traffic cones all day long, and not get them stuck in the wheel wells!

Old 05-10-2005, 12:22 AM
Originally Posted by ashadiow
OK, A quick response before I post the stats, the G35 is by no means a high performance car, not even close. Is it agile, yeah it puts up some pretty good numbers stock, but long distance driving ability... I just drove 3000 miles from the Bay Area to Northern Minnesota coverning many different terrains and elevations... and I'll say that the Eclipse GS that I drove out to california was a way better touring car, that being said it WAS a dog. This new eclipse compare very closely. One of your reasons for saying that the eclipse isn't a GT is that it weighs 3500 lbs... you better check the weight of the G. The car may look to have larger wheel gaps than ours, but the car rides lower and has a lower height. The skidpad result are what distinguish this car from ours. I agree that it is in a different class, I am just saying that the top of that class is getting damn close to ours.

Xenons are unconfirmed in the article, but the fog lamps are HIDs... heated mirrors it does have, and the LSD I assume is not available, but is only available as an option on our cars.

A GT car is not a sport car. A GT car is a sporty touring car. An eldorado ETC that has the 300hp and 295 lb ft V8 would run in a similar performance class as ours. By your definition, we do not own GT cars. Are you saying that we belong in the same class as a BMW 6 series? By your definition you need to be talking about a BMW 6 series, M3, SLK/SL/CLK ///AMG, and so on... in other words, the next step up. The eclipse is just the next step down. A good option for someone that can not afford a G coupe.

Hmmm Stats weren't formatted right. Attached is the text file.
Even after I posted a definition of what a GT is, you still don't get it. I took that definition off a website, so your arguement is not with me. If you think your car is "sporty" then I can't argue that either. Some of us think the G35C is a luxury SPORT coupe, not a sporty touring car. Have you ran your car at a drag strip or road course or pushed it in any way? I can't argue with anyone who says his Eclipse GS is a better touring car than his G35 Coupe, and I've driven my coupe from California to Chicago. Yes, the nose-heavy torque steering Eldorado will run in a similar performance class as ours...in a straight line only. I can't wait for best-motoring to test the new Eclipse alongside the new TL . You truly don't know the gem of a car you own if you're comparing it to an Eclipse. Yes, the new Eclipse runs very close in performance to YOUR sporty touring car.

Old 05-10-2005, 12:25 AM
Call the Cops
DAMN THIS IS PISSIN ME OFF

CRAP A SS CARS WITH 250+ HORSEPOWER ENGINES! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

i want the new m5

Old 05-10-2005, 01:02 AM
damn thats ugly.

Old 05-10-2005, 01:21 AM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Ferrarimanic360
you dont compare a 35-40k LUXURY SPORTS COUPE to an 20-25K econo-coupe...wtf it doesn't even make sense; its like comparing an M3 to an accord coupe or something...
no. it is like comparing a M3 to a G35... which SO MANY PEOPLE on this forum do...

Old 05-10-2005, 01:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yah....hope they are happy shoving 15k more for an M3, which doesnt even get as many looks as the G, ive noticed that most people dont really care for an M3, they really cant tell the diff. between that anda regular 3 series coupe...HAHAHA

Old 05-10-2005, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by ashadiow
The inline drive train of the G35x??????? You mean like the audi right?
Close; ever seen the layout of a transverse AWD setup?

Old 05-10-2005, 08:36 PM
Trust me the Eclipse does not grow on you. It is just ugly. The Eclipse is made right here in my hometown and we have had a few driving around here for a while and I still think it is ugly.

Old 05-10-2005, 11:42 PM
I think this is a worthless comparision. I agree, the performance will be similar and all but seriously, anyone that buys a G35 is not even going to look at an Eclipse.

Before I get flamed about it, on the other hand, anyone that buys a G35, WILL look at a BMW M3 because it may not have the same performance but it has the name that an Infiniti has.

My .02 on the comparision...My opinion on the Eclipse, personally I like it..sadly it is front wheel drive like I said earlier..If it becomes AWD, it'll be a good buy..

Old 05-11-2005, 04:06 AM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I bought a G35 and the Accord coupe, Altima, Maxima were on my shopping list as well so. There's a couple of 25-30K FWD cars.

I ended up buying the G35. But i wont' say i didnt consider other options.

10-15K for some people does matter.

I nearly bought an Accord coupe just because i could get one LOADED for far less than the G35..

Old 05-11-2005, 06:00 AM
bottom line- when some moron pulls up next to you in his new eclipse and wants to race, it might be a close match. If he beats you, will you whine about how it doesnt matter because our Gs have better styling, or that we have navi, or that we are closer to the true definition of a GT car? Performance numbers are what matters, the rest is subjective.

would I buy an eclipse? of course not.
but is this a valid comparison? yes.

Last edited by brittain; 05-11-2005 at 06:05 AM.
Old 05-11-2005, 09:53 AM
Cmon Son!
Originally Posted by brittain
bottom line- when some moron pulls up next to you in his new eclipse and wants to race, it might be a close match. If he beats you, will you whine about how it doesnt matter because our Gs have better styling, or that we have navi, or that we are closer to the true definition of a GT car? Performance numbers are what matters, the rest is subjective.

would I buy an eclipse? of course not.
but is this a valid comparison? yes.
Thats pretty well put. For those of you sick of the M3 comparison, Im sick of hearing the line.. " well, its still a ________(fill in other car here)"

Against popular belief on this forum, you may be surprised how many of these you are going to see on the road, and for the weak minded, you are going to be tormented at stoplights. Deal with it as you may.

If you buy a car, stand behind it or sell it. No need to wine now.

Old 05-11-2005, 11:04 AM
Banned
You know the Next comparos should be Porsche 911 GT3 to a M3 to a G35 then to a Eclipse. It's so stupid. The cars have different meaning when they are bought. if you reverse my comparos above and think about what each name means each one has a different stigma attached.
Once agian everyone has different reasons. Speed, Track ability, reliability, coolness, status level. Theres to many things to argue

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2006 Eclipse GT ***new competition***