G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Is this normal? question for 6mt owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 10:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is this normal? question for 6mt owners

question for all ur 6mt owners, do you feel a knock from the car when u suddenly step on the gas hard?

i have a 05 6mt, the tranny seemd wired, if i m goin 20 mph in 2nd gear and suddenly step hard on the gas, the car accel after a stronge knock from the car ( hard to discribe where it's from ) is that normal? i thought only auto trany dose that.

Old 05-09-2005, 10:28 PM
04 here, nothing of that sort... Have it checked out.

Old 05-09-2005, 10:32 PM
G'z 6MT
I have '04 6MT and can not feel what you have explained Have your G checked out

Old 05-09-2005, 10:36 PM
I've driven a lot of manuals and this car seems different from the others, although this is my first asian car. Ive had mine for about a month and much of the clatter has gone away. Are you sure its coming from the engine compartment? Can you feel it or hear it?

Old 05-10-2005, 09:59 AM
Originally Posted by phishman
I've driven a lot of manuals and this car seems different from the others, although this is my first asian car. Ive had mine for about a month and much of the clatter has gone away. Are you sure its coming from the engine compartment? Can you feel it or hear it?

cant hear any sound just can feel it and it's not from the engine compartment, it's more like something hit from the back.
it happens about little less than full 1 second after i step on the gas and the power kick in after the knock.

Old 05-10-2005, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by Wildcn
cant hear any sound just can feel it and it's not from the engine compartment, it's more like something hit from the back.
it happens about little less than full 1 second after i step on the gas and the power kick in after the knock.
Do you have something rolling around in your trunk?
Most of annoying rattles I hear in my car turn out to be the crap I leave in my trunk or back seat.

I'm not trying to be sarcastic, just covering the basics.

Old 05-10-2005, 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by TwilightG
Do you have something rolling around in your trunk?
Most of annoying rattles I hear in my car turn out to be the crap I leave in my trunk or back seat.

I'm not trying to be sarcastic, just covering the basics.

got 2 towels one bottle of Z6 and one bottle of z10 in the trunk.
couple piecese of A4 sized paper one stuffed animal and some cookie in a zipped bag on the back seat.

and the knock IS from the power train

Old 05-10-2005, 10:25 AM
Cmon Son!
has the clutch fully engaged when you hear the knock?

Old 05-10-2005, 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by clokwork
has the clutch fully engaged when you hear the knock?
clutch has fully engaged, also, it happens to almost every gear,

I CANT HEAR THE KNOCK, I CAN FEEL IT,

Old 05-10-2005, 10:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know this could be a lot of things, given the lack of info and second-hand observation... ...but does it feel like it's something unbinding... ...like a release of stored/built-up energy/tension (such as a binding sway bar, etc.)? Just trying to pin down the feel between something like that^ or something more along the lines of a mechanical-disengaging feel (LSD issues?).

I'm sure you'll get enough help around here to identify it.

Old 05-10-2005, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by GT-Ron
I know this could be a lot of things, given the lack of info and second-hand observation... ...but does it feel like it's something unbinding... ...like a release of stored/built-up energy/tension (such as a binding sway bar, etc.)? Just trying to pin down the feel between something like that^ or something more along the lines of a mechanical-disengaging feel (LSD issues?).

I'm sure you'll get enough help around here to identify it.

actuelly, ya, something like that,

Old 05-10-2005, 11:22 AM
First off I don't know why you would step hard on the gas at 20 in second gear I would think that the rpm's are way low and the engine is no where near its power band. That being said before you step on the gas hard did you have your foot on the gas or was the car coasting/slowing in gear ? If the car was coasting or slowing down with the car in gear and the clutch was fully engaged (this would cause the entire driveline to be unloaded) I would suspect that what you hear is the backlash in the Diff or the U-joints. Neither are uncommon in this type of situation.

Old 05-10-2005, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by Hotrod
First off I don't know why you would step hard on the gas at 20 in second gear I would think that the rpm's are way low and the engine is no where near its power band. That being said before you step on the gas hard did you have your foot on the gas or was the car coasting/slowing in gear ? If the car was coasting or slowing down with the car in gear and the clutch was fully engaged (this would cause the entire driveline to be unloaded) I would suspect that what you hear is the backlash in the Diff or the U-joints. Neither are uncommon in this type of situation.

please read before u post!
when u goin at 20 mph in 2nd gear rpm should be around 2k, that's not low for 2nd gear!
AND i DIDNT hear a knock i FEEL the knock!

Old 05-10-2005, 12:17 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'04 here too. No sound of that sort from mine.
No matter what you hear from this forum I suspect it's dealer time for you my friend. If it happens all the time in all gears it should be easy to diagnose right on the hoist.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Is this normal? question for 6mt owners