G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Zaino Wow

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 11:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zaino Wow

Take Note that i have been waxing cars since i have been 13 with my, older brothers, and nothing ever compared to the shine i got from ZAINO. Yestersay i washed dawn my G two times with DAWN to remove all the old wax and grease from the car. I used The Zaino and ZFX. I did not do all the other steps because that car is new, and I used a cleaner wax the following week. This is is not a hard wax to apply, and easy to take off compared to most waxes I used. (mabe becuase the car was new ) The hardest thing was preping the car. Well.... I almost hit the floor when i took it off becuase the shine was amazing. I swear i was looking at the G for an hour after i was done. I put a second coat on the hood, and DAME that second coat went on and off like nothing, and the shine got better?..WO!!! and the surface of the car is very smooth!!!! WO. Right after i am done writting this i am going out to give the G a 2nd and possible 3rd coat.

Last edited by 05GCOUPE6MT; 05-15-2005 at 11:08 AM.
Old 05-15-2005, 11:13 AM
Like you I was amazed at the results when I first used Zaino a few years ago. I visit quite a few detailing forums and the worst thing people can come up with to say about Zaino is that it is too shiney. Maybe I don't have the developed discerning taste that some detailing pros have, but in my opinion a car can never be too shiney.

Most of the people who have not been impressed with Zaino either put it on too thick and got streaking (not so much an issue anymore with Z2Pro) or did not prep the car properly (Zaino does not improve the condition of the paint - no cleaners, no abrasives, no fillers).

There are some great products out there (much better than back when Turtle Wax was top of the line) and you've found one.

Old 05-15-2005, 11:54 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
the worst thing about zaino, its that is so addictive. you just cant help but put more and more coats

Old 05-15-2005, 12:07 PM
haha.... you guys sound like your in a commercial.

Old 05-15-2005, 12:43 PM
_G_
Right now I use Meguiars NXT and thinking about switching over to Zaino. I hear a lot of good stuff about it. I'm a rookie at detailing a car, but the G makes me want to give a sponge bath! So does anybody know where I can find some good step by steps to giving my car a good cleaning, waxing, polishing? Also is a buffer maching good to use?

Old 05-15-2005, 12:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
one word ibiz, its the best you can get.

Old 05-15-2005, 01:12 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I love Zaino too. It's great stuff.
Enjoy.
C.

Old 05-15-2005, 01:20 PM
G - here's a link to a good discussion of the Porter Cable 74xx series buffers.

http://forums.roadfly.org/forums/det...1430487&page=1

I've been using a considerably less expensive orbital buffer from Sears for about 10 years on various cars/trucks/boats and there is no way I would go back to polishing and waxing by hand

Old 05-15-2005, 02:26 PM
I guess I'm just the oddball here, but I personally think Zaino lacks the depth that traditional carnauba wax gives. It's not a matter of 'shininess' but instad that it doesn't give the '3-D' look that natural waxes give. Granted carnauba waxes will not last nearly as long as a paint sealant, but I just don't like the look of silicon-filled waxes/sealants. My wax of choice right now is Griot's Garage Best of Show Wax. It doesn't seem to last as long as other waxes I've used and you have to mail-order it, but the shine, depth, and clarity it provides are second to none.

Don't get me wrong, Zaino is a great product. I guess I'm just on the other side of the fence on this topic.

Old 05-15-2005, 02:42 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by msd3075
I guess I'm just the oddball here, but I personally think Zaino lacks the depth that traditional carnauba wax gives. It's not a matter of 'shininess' but instad that it doesn't give the '3-D' look that natural waxes give. Granted carnauba waxes will not last nearly as long as a paint sealant, but I just don't like the look of silicon-filled waxes/sealants. My wax of choice right now is Griot's Garage Best of Show Wax. It doesn't seem to last as long as other waxes I've used and you have to mail-order it, but the shine, depth, and clarity it provides are second to none.

Don't get me wrong, Zaino is a great product. I guess I'm just on the other side of the fence on this topic.
You're not alone - I prefer a good polish and a topcoat of MOTHERs.

And this should be in the detailing forum...

Old 05-15-2005, 03:08 PM
This thread is useless without pics.

Old 05-15-2005, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by msd3075

I used to be totally addicted to Zaino because it was so shiny. Now that my car is black, I like a more deep wet look. Currently using Meguiar's NXT, topped with S-100.

Old 05-15-2005, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by rock
I used to be totally addicted to Zaino because it was so shiny. Now that my car is black, I like a more deep wet look. Currently using Meguiar's NXT, topped with S-100.

One thing too is if you have a metallic paint, the 'depth' of a good wax/polish/sealant will really make the paint sparkle in the sun. I've used Meguiar's NXT wax before, and to me it's the only silicone-based wax I've used before that comes close to the look of a carnauba wax. I really gives a depth that others seem to lack.

Old 05-15-2005, 05:30 PM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
Zaino's cool but not the best..

I like meguiar's professional stuff, clear kote, and mother's clay..

I too like s-100 stuff. makes the paint silky smooth

Old 05-15-2005, 05:32 PM
I use two products:

Mothers pure yellow carnauba wax

Mothers Showtime Instant Detailer

Mothers clay to take the bad stuff away...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Zaino Wow