G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Why is the G35c so heavy?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 08:24 PM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by urabus
That's crap. Just because it's a lower class car it doesn't mean you should not compare the two.
leave him alone. he's too good for us since he has more money and can afford an car that costs more than those who own maximas. the more money you have, the better of a person you are, dont you know that.

Old 05-17-2005, 11:34 PM
FGC South Florida BOD
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DanielEshaghian
It's a Maxima, don't compare it to a G
VQ35 = VQ35 any way you look at it Different body, different options, different price tag, different market, same heart. FYI, I've seen timeslips of 6th gen Maximas who ran a 14.3-14.4 stock, so they hold their own against the G.

Old 05-17-2005, 11:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd kind of like to know what makes the G better than a Maxima, seeing how I spent the extra money. It definitely looks better and I'm sure the interior is nicer, but I'd hate to hear someone say I drive a glorified Maxima just b/c thats sounds like something a hater would say, not that it is a bad comparison. Is it the same car or just same engine? Not being a snob, really I want to know.

Off-topic, but thought many would find it interesting what an inexpensive Ford motor had in common w/ one of the fastest/best handling cars in the world .

The same V6 they put in the Lincoln LS and some Fords, they also use in Nobles, albeit twin turbo. www.1gracing.com sells some of the fastest, best handling cars in the world. They're big in the UK, and if you want to own a car that can smoke a Lamborghini, or maybe just an M3, check these out. Just shows what you can get out of a V6.

Old 05-18-2005, 12:55 AM
FGC South Florida BOD
Originally Posted by phishman
I'd kind of like to know what makes the G better than a Maxima, seeing how I spent the extra money. It definitely looks better and I'm sure the interior is nicer, but I'd hate to hear someone say I drive a glorified Maxima just b/c thats sounds like something a hater would say, not that it is a bad comparison. Is it the same car or just same engine? Not being a snob, really I want to know.
If anything, people should call the G a glorified Z, not a Maxima. There's a night-and-day difference between the two, but I dare to disagree with someone who just says the Maxima doesn't compare without even having stepped foot in a Max. As a matter of fact go listen to the Bose in a Maxima and then compare it to the G and you'll know. As far as the Maxima interior not being as nice as the G's, you can decide for yourself

I come from a Maxima and it played a HUGE role in me choosing another VQ car. So I'm not ashamed to call my G a Nissan (and no, it's not rebadged), I think of it as a positive thing just because I have a special appreciation for the VQ. In Japan where your car was manufactured Infiniti is nothing but a Mt Fuji badge to be sold on the US market (even calling the Infiniti emblem "Mt Fuji" is inaccurate - ever wondered what something from the Japanese geography is doing as the emblem of their luxury division for the American market?). People's egos get hurt because they think about their cars as a status symbol more than about the history behind it.

Old 05-18-2005, 01:48 AM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
for the price of a maxima, you could step into a g35 sedan easily.

i honestly think the G (sedan in particular) is a glorified maxima. but there's nothing wrong with that. big deal.

Old 05-18-2005, 03:12 AM
Gangster Member
So you can ram a civic off the road

Old 05-18-2005, 04:25 AM
MAXIMA- 4DOORSPORTSCAR...MADE ME LOVE NISSAN IN THE NINETIES. DONT HATE ON THE NISSAN FLAGSHIP! NO NISSAN INOVATION-NO INFINITI...AT ALL!

Old 05-18-2005, 07:38 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I've got nothing against the new Maxima - except it's sinfully ugly. If you beat it with an ugly stick it will look pretty much the same. I don't know what the heck happened to the front end and side profile - misery!

Old 05-18-2005, 11:10 AM
Originally Posted by DanielEshaghian
Oh Brother! Can you not read? I didn't compare the G to a Maxima. I asked why our significantly smaller cars with the same engine weighed more. I assumed I would be a few hundred pounds lighter and was shocked to find out the opposite was true. I didn't ask which was better, which was faster, which I should buy, or if you thought the G was a glorified Maxima...

Thanks GT-Ron, you seemed to be one of the few who actually read my post and contributed

Finiti35 - well said.

As for the emblem, I thought the whole Mt Fuji thing was just a joke. I've always assumed the logo was actually a modified Infinity symbol (you know, the 8 on its side) modified to portray a road disappearing into infinity while still vaguely resembling the standard symbol... clever.

phishman - what makes it better? RWD, 20-30 more HP, improved suspension (less body roll/ better handling)... and of course... the "OMG what a sweet F'ing car!" comments - this last one actually comes from my friend with the Maxima =)

--Viral

Old 05-18-2005, 11:20 AM
WRAH
Originally Posted by Viral
Oh Brother! Can you not read? I didn't compare the G to a Maxima. I asked why our significantly smaller cars with the same engine weighed more. I assumed I would be a few hundred pounds lighter and was shocked to find out the opposite was true. I didn't ask which was better, which was faster, which I should buy, or if you thought the G was a glorified Maxima...

Thanks GT-Ron, you seemed to be one of the few who actually read my post and contributed

Finiti35 - well said.

As for the emblem, I thought the whole Mt Fuji thing was just a joke. I've always assumed the logo was actually a modified Infinity symbol (you know, the 8 on its side) modified to portray a road disappearing into infinity while still vaguely resembling the standard symbol... clever.

phishman - what makes it better? RWD, 20-30 more HP, improved suspension (less body roll/ better handling)... and of course... the "OMG what a sweet F'ing car!" comments - this last one actually comes from my friend with the Maxima =)

--Viral
Your right Mt.Fuji, is a joke, but its jokes like these that people start to think thats what it means! Its also not a road disapearing into infinity, but rather the infinity "8" turned sideways and then "stylized."
http://news.lippincottmercer.com/cgi...ewnews?1000046

Last edited by WRAH; 05-18-2005 at 11:32 AM.
Old 05-18-2005, 01:39 PM
If I plan on trying to punk someone, I usually wait till I have a quarter tank to make up for the weight. Soon FI will change that equation.

Ha Ha - mischief

Old 05-18-2005, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by WRAH
Your right Mt.Fuji, is a joke, but its jokes like these that people start to think thats what it means! Its also not a road disapearing into infinity, but rather the infinity "8" turned sideways and then "stylized."
That's pretty much exactly what I said, except I added that the "stylized" version appears to resemble a road disappearing on the horizon - which I'm sure was the original idea.

--Viral