G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

The G is NOT a tough car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 01:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to hear that man. I thought I had bad luck, my civic before the G got backed into, hood smashed, and hit by a rock on the highway. Today my friend ran into my G and dented it in two places. I have personally never done any damage to my cars. Its frustrating.

Old 05-22-2005, 11:11 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
ouch.

My car has a little indent from a rock too on the lower part of the front bumper.
got it the first weekend i had the car. I was kinda bummed...but oh well. just
bad luck and it's not nearly as bad as yours. Hope you get it fixed soon.

Old 05-22-2005, 11:24 AM
I had a 94 J30 and 95 G20...loved the cars overall but hated the poor quality paint. Don't tell me Infiniti hasn't improved the paint quality. It's serious enough to reconsider buying a G35. I like my cars to look new the entire time I drive it. That meant repainting the J30 front bumper 2 times a year. I understand clear bras cause fading or something. My auto body guy does not recommend them. Maybe because he wants me to keep painting bumpers?

Old 05-23-2005, 01:00 AM
This post was meant for me to read!!!! All I have to say is that I have never been more angry or depressed about stone chips in my life! It's so bad that I am debating whether or not to build a website called G35LEMON.com. My story is similar to everyone else's. I bought my car in October 04, Laser Red, 6MT coupe. At first I was really impressed with the quality of the paint and was also impressed with the minimal orange peel. with 56kms on the car I began to fall in love with the power, handling, sound and overall killer looks of my new baby!

Then with only 1500kms on the car I set out to wax her with some Zaino. As I washed the front skirt I was horrified to see the stone chips and black marks all over the bumper. Pissed off at the world, I began to inspect the rest of the front fascia and when I saw the hood of my car I nearly drove my fist through the wall. Immediately, I called the dealer and told them there was something wrong with the paint on my car. I went in and showed the body shop manager and he said it was pretty bad. He told me I would have to bring the car in again to show the Area Paint rep from Nissan. So I waited and waited and waited. Very long story short the car was put into storage and when the nice weather came I rebooked the car for an inspection.

By know the car had 10,000km's on it and was really showing 100's of little specs of white primer on the hood from the paint chips. Honestly, if I don't get 5 stone chips each time I drive I would be surprised. And believe me these chips are not limited to the hood and bumper, they are EVERYWHERE! On the doors, Quarter panels, roof, leading edge of the fenders, trunk lid and rear bumper. You have to understand, I am a freak when it comes to cleaning this car, never been down a dirt road and never tail gate anything let alone big trucks.

So with 12,000km on the car I took it to Nissan. The paint dude stood there and told me that my car is the same as all the other G's he has seen with this many kms. I said so when are you guys repainting the car? He laughed and said there was not a chance in hell they would allow a repaint on my car. I showed him the chips on the top of the roof and upper Quarter panels, he just looked at it and shook his head. I told him it had to do with the color red, the softness of the paint, maybe it was a reaction with the aluminum or the primers they use. He said when you drive on the highway this will happen. He told me that with the trucks on the road these days it's impossible to prevent this. I said so what your saying is that anyone who buys your G35 should never drive them or drive on the highway or drive behind another car because the paint will fall off the car? Needless to say to guy was a total ******** and probably felt good that he shot down another pissed off G owner. I mean I also own my 97 Grand-am GT that I bought new in 97. With over 260,000KMS this car has maybe 4 stone chips. I have driven down every dirt road like a freakin rally car driver and still this car has better paint then the G!

So before he left I said, either you paint the car now or I will show every single person I meet the quality of your paint. I will make sure they know you will not stand behind your products and explain to them how you turned a blind eye to your customers. I will also convince every single one of them not to buy a Nissan product and I will plaster the web address on the rear fascia of the car to promote my Anti-G35 campaign until you fix the problem for future G owners. And guess what *******.... You fix it now or when I bring it back off of lease when the front of the car has not paint at all! Either way it's your problem not mine. The only problem is I have to live with it for the next 31/2 years.

I plan to write a massive letter and provide Nissan with photo's of other G35's, colors, mileage, etc... to prove the point that the red is the worst of them all and something needs to be done with my car. If it weren't for the stone chips, this would be one of the best cars on the road in my humble opinion. So if you don't care and about your paint job or what it looks like when you drive it, go buy one!

Sorry for the long post but I was venting! This forum board is wonderful therapy!

BADG35

Old 05-23-2005, 01:12 AM
I agree that the paint on our car is way too soft. Not only is it almost impossible to avoid scratches with even the finest of microfibers and meticulous washing/waxing techniques, but the chips and scratches from rocks are just ridiculous. For someone who likes to keep his car always looking new and shiny, this car can cause some serious headaches.

Old 05-23-2005, 12:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Personally, I just love the fact that I have a rock chip NEAR THE BACK OF MY F****** CAR IN AN AREA WHICH HAS NO FORWARD FACING SURFACE AND WHERE THE ROCK COULD NOT HAVE STRUCK IT DIRECTLY HEAD-ON!!!!! Okay, I'm better now.