G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G35 Coupe and the RSX

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 02:04 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Lightbulb

Mario,

You are right, these two cars aren't in the same ball field, they are playing two totally different sports.

G35 Coupe, is a "True" Sports Car in my .02 (RWD) being the 1st requirement you have to pass.

Don't get me wrong, Acura makes good cars, great even. I was originally considering the TL, but after comparing it to the GCoupe, I was leaning more toward the G. What sealed the deal for me was when I found out that it was FWD. It looks sporty, has a 6-Speed, but if it's strapped to the Front Wheels, I'll pass.

Go with your "Gut" and what feels the best for you when you test drive them. Also sit down with some time on your hands and write out each car's "PROS" and "CONS" (in your .02 of course).

Also don't forget to calculate the monthly payments,

Good luck with the car you choose. Hopefully you'll become a permanent G member!

Old 05-25-2005, 02:16 PM
► Matt ◄
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is my driveway.. You can probably tell which one we think is nicer

Ok serious note, my sister has a 04 type S and I have my 6MT coupe. I drive her car pretty often and to me, my car would eat hers for lunch. (keep in mind their both 6spds) They are totally two different cars, and it would take way to long to compare every aspect of each. overall I would take my G anyday. Go with the G man, you wont have any regrets.

Old 05-25-2005, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by mario24601
Yesterday I finally got a chance to test drive the two cars I am considering for purchase: the RSX Type S and the G35. I know they are completely different cars and not even in the same category but these are my choices.

Both cars have their strengths.

The RSX sounds really demented, very high strung. The car does not sound “stock”, it sounds like it has aftermarket intake and exhaust. I have experience with many Hondas but this one just sounds and feels pretty good/fast. The build quality seems ok, the interior does not feel as solid as my 6th Gen. Accord but overall I think its ok. The trans is good, very smooth, what I expect from Honda. But I can get over the growl of the engine, not sure if it would annoy me after time, it is just loud..even when you are not “flooring” it.

Then I drove the G35, I know these are “way different” but they are what I am considering.

The G35 has a lot of power ( I drove the auto, that is what I would get) but it does not feel tremendously faster than the RSX. It has way more torque but to me it didn’t feel like it would beat the RSX by that much. The finish of the car is good, not excellent, but good. The interior feels a little cheap, which I did not expect in this car.

As for my choice, still undecided. I can but the RSX and still have cash to mod it a little, maybe fancy stereo, springs, etc…just some regular mods…or I can get G35 and leave stock. It would make for a better daily driver since I can get auto…I know I know about auto and stick, stick is better for performance but I live in Los Angeles and the traffic kills, especially on the hour commute (each way) to work.

Anyone have any other experience with these two cars?
I can tell you that front wheel drive cars generally feel faster than a rear wheel drive car just because of the physics involved. I believe the RSX S has s 0-60 time of 6.3 to 6.5 seconds the G is in the 5.5 to 5.7 range.

on

Old 05-25-2005, 02:42 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Really.

See, I'm the exact opposite. To me it feels like the FWD cars have a slower response time off the green light.

Plus if you really "get on it" you get some of that dreaded "Torque Steer".

RWD is just the way to go period. But then again, that is only my .02, so "To each his own". = )))

Old 05-25-2005, 02:59 PM
torque steer vs understeer
drifting vs @ss-dragging

which do you prefer?

Old 05-25-2005, 03:04 PM
Buy the G, unless you're a 5 foot tall asian kid, then go with the rsx

Old 05-25-2005, 03:08 PM
Both cars are nice (I had a Celica which is basicly the same) but the "G" is way better.

Old 05-25-2005, 03:27 PM
Originally Posted by focker
Buy the G, unless you're a 5 foot tall asian kid, then go with the rsx

funny stuff there....but you forgot the other demographic - 23 yr old girl fresh outta college!!! LOLOL I know like 4 or 5 chicks with RSX's that just graduated!!! type-s's too! They think there soo cool casue they can drive stick!!! LOL

Old 05-25-2005, 03:49 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
After driving a G35 around with a lot of low-end grunt, I like it a whole lot better than torqueless 4-bangers, where you don't even get into the power band during normal driving (shifting at 3k rpm).

Old 05-25-2005, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by P_Diddy
After driving a G35 around with a lot of low-end grunt, I like it a whole lot better than torqueless 4-bangers, where you don't even get into the power band during normal driving (shifting at 3k rpm).
Hear hear!! I adored my WRX, but having torque nearly right off idle is a joy.

Old 05-25-2005, 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by mrb
I've thought about this at length since I used to own a Type S RSX and I'm waiting on my G to get here from Japan. It's really a tough call, it's hard to justify the extra $10k without having the $10 in extra performance. The G is faster but not $10k faster. The brakes are much better I can tell you that. At the end of the day I'm more concerned with power and performance than looks and luxury.
If to you the interior and exterior styling of the G doesn't warrant the extra $10k then maybe these numbers for the RSX Type S will?
0-¼ mile 15.2 seconds
0-60 mph 6.7 seconds

I mean c'mon. Does Type S mean 'Slow'? My girlfriend's 1.8L turbo beetle is close to those numbers. Ummm by the way, if you don't know what a bug looks like, they aren't aerodynamic.

Old 05-25-2005, 05:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gspotter
Buy a G 6MT if you can afford it. You won't regret it. If you buy a RSX Type-S, I understand the Type-S has a manual transmission only. The G looks far better, V-6 is better than a four cylinder, G is smoother and faster, G has awesome exhaust note, G impresses the chicks vastly better than a RSX does....
You just wrote up like the 10 commandments lol... correct up to the extra "." in the "...." of your post.

Old 05-25-2005, 05:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would get the Type-S. The interior really does beat the G..I mean yeah the G is a nice car but not for 35K
That guy in the RSX forums is on CRACK!

Good to read that most of the people who posted on the RSX forum have their thinking caps on. Perhaps I was too biased.

Old 05-25-2005, 06:20 PM
My cousin's bf just got an 05 type S and i've driven it a couple of times, yea it's smooth but it doesn't feel that quick and the interior is crappy as hell, our G's look way better. Get the G!

Old 05-25-2005, 07:48 PM
2 rsx = 1 g
i've seen same thread recently about rsx type s and Gc
if you dont wanna pay a lot for cars - go with rsx
its that simple. G is for those who are willing to spend bucks for their cars!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 Coupe and the RSX