flashes went off
351.00 ticket and they got my car and picture of me

help thanks

Old 05-31-2005, 11:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
traffic lawyer

Old 05-31-2005, 11:09 AM
that wasnt your first time was it? i heard that the first time the ticket is under 100 bucks or around there...

Old 05-31-2005, 05:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
frist time the lawer cost more then ticket

Old 05-31-2005, 05:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can however not get another photo ticket. I believe there is form of plastic that you can put on your plate to distort the photo image. Can anyone recall the name of the product?

Old 05-31-2005, 05:49 PM
theres somethin better, its a spray...you just spray on a few layers of whatever it is, and you can't tell a sprayed plate from a normal plate...looks normal!

i believe it is called photoblocker or phantomblocker or some others there is more than just one brand

Old 05-31-2005, 05:55 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
you can't beat them unless you can find a malfunction in the machine or that the machine was overdue for calibration. they usually won't let you get away with these b/c the cities have a contract with the companies that make the machines so that they take a cut of the tickets.

for future reference, amber doesn't mean go. if you arrive at the intersection and the light is aready yellow then just stop and save yourself $351.

Old 05-31-2005, 05:59 PM
what i dont understand is how can they prove it is you driving? do they actual take a picture of the driver or just the license plate? if they only take a pic of the plate, can you say you werent driving?

if they as you to testify to who was driving under penalty of perjury, can you take the fifth if you have a spouse? since you are legally one entity under the law, would it be possible to take the 5th if your spouse was driving?

Old 05-31-2005, 07:24 PM
Bend over, and apply lube... done.

Old 05-31-2005, 07:32 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by weaksauce
what i dont understand is how can they prove it is you driving? do they actual take a picture of the driver or just the license plate? if they only take a pic of the plate, can you say you werent driving?

if they as you to testify to who was driving under penalty of perjury, can you take the fifth if you have a spouse? since you are legally one entity under the law, would it be possible to take the 5th if your spouse was driving?
Doesn't matter who is driving - registered owner of the car is responsible for its actions regardless of who is behind the wheel - unless it has been stolen of course.

Old 05-31-2005, 07:47 PM
A year or so ago 20/20 did a special on the photoblocker sprays and plastic covers and after a series of tests they proved that those sprays and covers do not work. The picture was a little more distorted on the plate than normal but still quite easy to read.

Why try to get around the ticket? You broke the law and it's time to man up and pay the ticket.

Old 05-31-2005, 07:48 PM
noo i heard that they have to have the picture of you or they can't give you the ticket..
also, if they sent the picture straight to your home, you can fight that since they aren't allowed to do that..
the reason is because there was a picture sent to a mans house with another lady driving the car and his wife saw it and there was a lawsuit and all that so now they have to send a letter telling you to go to the station to see the picture if you want to

Old 05-31-2005, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by sushmaster_g35
noo i heard that they have to have the picture of you or they can't give you the ticket..
also, if they sent the picture straight to your home, you can fight that since they aren't allowed to do that.. ...
While this may be true in CA, it most definately is not in MD, VA, and DC. The Red Light Photo ticket is treated just as a Parking Ticket is. The Registered owner is responsible for the payment of the fine and no points are awarded in either case.

They indeed mail you the summons in these three jurisdictions. Again, not saying you are wrong re CA, however if they can't mail it to you seems like a tough system to implement.

Old 06-01-2005, 10:13 AM
All they need is the tag number and who ever is the owner of that vehicle is sent the ticket. So your hosed just pay it and go on. The money goes to help pave streets so its a good cause.

Old 06-01-2005, 11:24 AM
SGT
Originally Posted by sushmaster_g35
theres somethin better, its a spray...you just spray on a few layers of whatever it is, and you can't tell a sprayed plate from a normal plate...looks normal!

i believe it is called photoblocker or phantomblocker or some others there is more than just one brand
Here's the website: http://www.phantomplate.com/

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How Do You Beat Photo Taffic Ticket