G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Dealer ruined my brand new titanium shift knob

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 01:08 PM
► Matt ◄
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Dealer ruined my brand new titanium shift ****

It seems everytime I goto get my oil changed the dealer always ***** something up. Last time they scratched my fender. So this time I give them specific instructions, oil change, grease the sunroof becuase it creaks, and 3rd dont wash it. So I walk around the showroom for about 15 mins and happen to look into the sercive dept right as a kid was pulling in my car. Six guys walk over to my car and start walking around it, pointing at ****, etc. They seemed harmless enough so I didn't think anything of it. About an hour goes by and the car is ready. Slip said they greased the sunroof tracks along with the oil change. And they didn't wash it like I asked. Everything seemed fine, I checked my rims for rashes, and they were all fine. So I get in my car, start it up, and put it in gear. However when I put it in gear my **** started spinning. Hmm, I tried to tighten it but it wouldnt tighten, just kept turning. I took it off and look in, and it was all stripped, not just a little either, you actually couldn't tell it was treaded it was that bad. I can't even explain how the **** they pulled this off. Maybe they wanted to see how it would look on their own car, no idea. So now I'm pissed. I walk back inside with the **** in my hand, not into the showroom, but the actual room where the mecanics are. I walked over to the first guy I saw and asked who worked on my car. After about 10 mins of going back and forth they direct me at the guy who did the oil. I asked him if this looked fimiliar and he had this puzzled look on his face. I asked if he happen to know why the inside was completely stripped. He said he had no idea what I was talking about and he didnt play with it. Obviously I wasn't going to get anywhere so I just left.

I just payed 130 bucks for this thing like 2 weeks ago. I knew it would strip if it was taken off and on numberous times so I put it on once and left it their. It took one a$$hole to destroy it. Oh and to top it off they didnt touch my sunroof. I know becuase I left my sunroof shade half opened and half closed on purpose to see if it was moved at all, which is wasn't. It still creaks to and makes the same goddam noise when it opens and closes. Im sry for the rant, I just ******* hate dealerships!

Old 06-01-2005, 01:12 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
that sux bro, i have to take my car to get serviced tomorow, hopefully nothing goes wrong cause w/ my bad temper, i might have to punch some1 in the face if they mess w/ my baby

Old 06-01-2005, 01:13 PM
You shouldn't have left, instead go talk to the manager of the service department. No point in talking to the mechanics since they'll claim negligence. I suggest you call the manager now and start complaining

Old 06-01-2005, 01:15 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
damn, sorry to hear about your problems at the dealer.

You should talk to the service manager or ask to talk to the dealer's manager.
Are you sure it's the exact **** you went in with? meaning, did some **** fart
remove your good one and swapped it with their broken one?

Old 06-01-2005, 01:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Complain, they should pay you for the ****, and your next oil change should be free... At least demand it lol

Old 06-01-2005, 01:20 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Yeah you didn't handle it properly. speak to the service manager. it doesn't matter to you who broke the ****, what matters is that it is repaired and replaced free of charge, along w/ some free oil change certificates.

Old 06-01-2005, 02:03 PM
► Matt ◄
I know I should fight for it, but I actually had my grandfather with me at the time (hes getting a g35x for my grandmother ) And he reallt doesn't understand the car sh^t, so I couldnt go in and make a big deal of it with him their. I guess ill just eat the $130 for the **** and go back to stock. Only prob is my stock **** is all worn down.

Kinda off topic from the subject, but does anyone know if this website really sells the stock shift **** for 11 bucks?

NissanInfiniti

Old 06-01-2005, 02:57 PM
i remember your post where u had the pic of your shift ****. by the looks of it, i think u turned it too tight. the nismo logo should only go as far as it facing the rear of the car, not the driver. (i had one) i think if it goes too far, then it'll strip the threads.

also, i read something about the washer being left in or taken out, which has to do with stripping of the threads. mine was left on but no problem.

Old 06-01-2005, 03:18 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
that F*@&IN sucks man, i would definetly gotten the manager though, i'm sure he could have done something.

with my temper i wouldnt have left till somthing was resolved.

call the manager asap, see if he can do anything to compensate.

Old 06-01-2005, 03:25 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Don't let them get away with it. Go after them for another shift ****.
C.

Old 06-01-2005, 03:29 PM
Only thing to remember is that getting mad and making a scene doesn't get you anywhere first talk professionally tell them you're disappointed and will never deal with them again and if things still don't get resolved, then raise some hell and kick *** I would have shoved the shiftknob up their ***

Old 06-01-2005, 03:31 PM
Received 82 Likes on 61 Posts
wow. So far my dealer has treated me well. That sux dude

Old 06-01-2005, 04:34 PM
Meatshake Enterprise
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i'd go after the dealer for another ****. OR!! you can buy mine!

Old 06-01-2005, 05:08 PM
i had an employee of an acura dealership (several cars ago) steal a pair of $150 sunglasses. granted, i got them under my vision coverage so i paid about $20 for the deductible, but i bitched to the service manager and they cut me a check that day to replace them.

Old 06-01-2005, 05:13 PM
So there's no chance that the **** was prone to stripping-out and the tech may have inadvertantly done so just by grabbing the **** and shifting firmly? I ask because so many of these aftermarket ***** are prone to stripping... ...and you mentioned avoiding moving it excessively due to fear it would strip.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dealer ruined my brand new titanium shift knob