G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

body side moldings. Yes or No?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 10:29 AM
Devil's Advocate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have them on my IP coupe and I actually like the look. Plus there are several marks on them where I can tell the prevented dings. But to each his own...

Old 06-07-2005, 10:37 AM
I got some bsm stuff from Pepboys, painted to match, glued on an entire strip of magnetic business cards (cut to fit) from Office depot. I slap it on when I need it, which is rare.. but I have it if I need it. And I can place it higher than the stock location.

You can argue whether it works or not, but it cost me $10. There are those rare times when there just arent any open spots and I cant blow off the event. Or I park at a hotel and my car is alone, but I know it will fill up eventually. It helps me rest easier.

Old 06-07-2005, 10:46 AM
Dont laugh, but I have two of these in the trunk as well. If I park somewhere really bad, I whip these bad boys out. On my silver car, they really dont stand out, but on a darker car, you might not like the way they look. But they are semi-clear. And they do offer alot of protection in that area.

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/acp-20030.html

I got them because they are cheap and I was ordering some other stuff already. I'm pleased with them. I thought the first time I used them that I would be drawing too much attention to myself, but nobody messed with them.

I pulled into the hotel parking and there was only one spot left... anywhere, trust me, I checked.. Its 2am. The spot was some old mercedes with tank doors and some salesman's Ford something.. Glad I used them. We were packing up the next morning. The salesman type was admiring my car and was very careful. But when we got to the car and I was loading things in the trunk, some fatties came out and put the door against my car, then got in. WTF? it wouldnt have been a ding, but a hell of a scratch!! The strip paid for itself right before my eyes. My wife thought I showed incredible restraint.. Truth be told, I'm not sure if I could have taken those fat ladies.. They had some big arms from throwing those heavy doors in to other's cars.

Old 06-07-2005, 04:28 PM
I got them at the dealer. I don't know how effective they are, but I don't have a single ding yet. But, I'm careful where I park. Although, sometimes you have no choice but to park in a crowded lot.

Old 06-07-2005, 06:17 PM
I have an OB Coupe ... and i got the Body Side Moldings free from the dealer ... after i bought my car ... as a complimentary gift ... I think they give the car a little aggressive look .. maybe its the color black.... but in my opinion it definately looks better.

Old 06-08-2005, 12:36 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I have them on my coupe.....saved me from alot of dings. I live in a crowded city where parking is usually very tight, the parking spaces in downtown cost up to $600 month!, it gets really crammed in some garages. I nearly never park near SUVs, mini-vans or vehicles that look like they came from Blue Collar TV's "Redneck yard of the week". So far so good.....but I also have a 2-way alarm and a short temper

Old 06-08-2005, 01:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No, I think (IMO) that the strips ruin the visual appeal of the car. I got one huge *** ding up in MA at a Holiday Inn from a big ol truck. It was above where the strip would have been. Anyway $125 later and Dent Wizard removed it. Cannot even tell where it was.

Old 06-08-2005, 11:39 PM
G'z 6MT
Originally Posted by blazinZ
i'm not really feelin them either...i dont have them and no door dings here..

i guess just try and be as careful as you can when parking. and be aware of
what your parking next too.
That's my sentiment exactly, What I try to do if I'm in a crouded parking lot find a nice car to park next to. That way you have mutual respect for the cars.

Old 06-09-2005, 08:02 AM
I just don't park mine in crowded lots. I'll park half a mile away and walk if need be. I don't mind the walk..

Old 06-09-2005, 09:55 AM
G-Squad DJ =)
as u can see...everyone has their own opinions
but, ill share my story...
before i got my car i was on the fence about the moldings...
i saw two Brilliant Silver coupes...one with and one without and i was still undecided...
when the dealer got me my car it had side molding already....so i took it and didnt turn back lol....
i said "if i want i can remove them" but i like how it makes the car seem as if its sitting lower and more aggresive, just my opinion!

Old 06-09-2005, 04:00 PM
It's a horizontal line which will make the car appear not as tall.

Old 03-01-2006, 05:07 AM
2 1/2 yrs, no dings or marks.

Old 03-01-2006, 08:22 AM
THE BATMOBILE
no moldings.......no dings

Old 03-01-2006, 08:51 AM
Having mine removed tommorow

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: body side moldings. Yes or No?