G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Spun out in the G

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 02:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree about not making a deal about one spin. We (at least I) are trying to tell you that 1 spin doesnt mean that your G handles badly. I just suggested you to go to an abandoned parking or some wide opened place and learn how much your G can handle before spinning. Then try to control the spin. That is what I did as I too came from a FWD Prelude to the G.

Old 06-09-2005, 03:35 AM
Gangster Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ya ill take care of it, ill be back with some new videos, with my rwd skillz dont you fellows worry

Old 06-09-2005, 04:06 AM
Just for the record... I put VDC off except under 2 conditions...

#1) Driving with someone as them talking to me might make me forget VDC is off.
#2) Rainy day.

Hope to see some videos. I should have abused the Silver G I had before trading it in... I did do a real good drift, but my friend was inside the car and my camera was in my house... I will take pics of the marks I left... then, when I get 1500 on my new baby, Ill try filming stuff this time.

Old 06-09-2005, 04:09 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Forget Skip Barber, go to Speed Zone and learn RWD Basic 101 on Slick Track.

I hope most VDC-haters have the skillz to handle a torquy RWD car in all conditions.

Old 06-09-2005, 09:20 AM
Originally Posted by TheGest
Took a sharp left turn with VDC off, and spun into a 180, but this car spins out easily it wasnt wet or anything, im kind of disappointed, i would never spun out in my FWD lude like this, i need a new suspension
Wow, that is such an ignorant statement I don't even know where to begin. You are blaming the G35's suspension for throttle induced oversteer? Then you go and say how the FWD based Prelude handles so much better in corners?! Are you kidding me!

All FWD platforms suffer from understeer due to weight bias and FWD traction. It is true that it is more difficult to put a FWD car into oversteer but it is possible. RWD in general is preferred when it comes to performance driving/motorsports. FWD is for cost savings and softened driving for 98% of the driving public.

I think you need to go to driving school and pickup a copy of Gran Turismo or Forza Motorsport to test your "SKILLZ" off public streets. Last thing you would want is your suspension sucking G sliding out into a car full of children.

Old 06-09-2005, 09:47 AM
TheGest, no offense to you but a lot of your statements on the boards about the G are just bashing the car. I remember one in particular that said you're going to sell the G for an S2000? What happened with that? With all these threads you speak so negatively on the car, I'd suggest by now you would have sold it.

I guess really what i'm trying to say is just stop the b!tching and drive the car - or if not, just sell it for another car already.

Old 06-09-2005, 09:50 AM
Cmon Son!
Originally Posted by 05Scoobyroo
Just like G35_Coupe_6MT said, go to an abandoned lot, not many rocks or pebbles, or poles, or anything that could possibly "put a hit out" on the G, and get accustomed to learning what to do if you lose control in a turn. I took some time to do that, trust me, if I hadn't, I would have probably already been halfway inside the Dominos' Pizza on the main strip, tellin them I called in a order for two large pies with extra cheese, as I sit in the car and pretend like nothing happened!!!!!
LMAO damn thats great hahaha

Old 06-09-2005, 10:12 AM
My wife had the same generation Prelude you did and since 2003 has a G35 coupe. I have driven both extensively. There is absolutely no comparison. Please listen to the wisdom of the board. If FWD is so good I wonder why NASCAR doesn't start mandating the vehicles switch from RWD?

Old 06-09-2005, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by vinny
My wife had the same generation Prelude you did and since 2003 has a G35 coupe. I have driven both extensively. There is absolutely no comparison. Please listen to the wisdom of the board. If FWD is so good I wonder why NASCAR doesn't start mandating the vehicles switch from RWD?
Holy shiznits! Can you imagine FWD in NASCAR? No wrecks! What a bore that would be!

Old 06-09-2005, 11:16 AM
Man you guys are actin like one spin out is the biggest deal, it happens people push their car and things happen, you actin to ****

Between this and your mad skillz statement - please promise me you will not drive any where near me with my pregnant wife and two year old child in the car.

We are all driving enthusiasts here. In my lifetime I have had a variety of vehicles including an Audi A6 4.2, a Buick Grand National, a Vette, a tricked out Passat, a mint 240z, and now my G. But there is a time and a place for everything - and the place to practice your 'mad skillz' is not on the road.

Learn about your vehicle and just one tiny iota about vehicle dynamics first and then go on the road.

WARNING - Old Codger story to follow!

One day a friend of my father's who observed my mad skillz (when I blew by him unaware) asked me if I had ever had a really close call and slammed on the brakes, the kind of close call where you have both feet on the brake waiting for the crunch of metal on metal? I said yes I think everyone has. He said "true & in those cases it was just a matter of feet. But with you , my friend it is just a matter of time."

There has been a lot of good advice handed out on this thread from the other members - I hope you hear what they're saying. No ones cool when they're dead.

Old 06-09-2005, 11:48 AM
wow thats insane dude, be carefull with it

Old 06-09-2005, 11:52 AM
Oh man you guys are scaring the $#!* out of me. I was at Ocean City beach over the past weekend and the VDC was off. I didn't even know how to get it back on while driving. I was going fast too, now Im glad nothing like that happened cause I wouldnt have known what to do.

Does spinning out happen only when VDC is off or can it happen when its on too. Also is it more likely to spin out with an auto or a stick or doesnt matter?

Last edited by dnpmakkah; 06-09-2005 at 12:00 PM.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:02 PM
Geesh, relax guys! I learned to drive in RWD before VDC was even invented! As with any high powered car, you must respect it and learn to drive it properly. I don't even think about VDC unless I am at the track. At the track, you WANT it off so you can properly control the car. On the track VDC would slow you down a lot because the nanny steps in when you exceed the physcial limits of the car. VDC allows very little wheelspin.

If you turn it off, it turns back on by default the next time you start the car. Or you can turn it back on by pushing the same button (lower left side of steering wheel where the trunk release and dash dimmer are).

When you take it to the track (depending on the tires) the car does almost exactly what you want it to do. It goes where it is pointed. It's easy to modulate the throttle to keep it headed where you want it to go. I took mine on a skid pad that was wetted down. You can powerslide the G (with VDC off) in a 360 for as long as you hold the throttle. You accelerate, the circle gets wider, you decelerate, the circle tightens. All without touching the wheel once it is set.

Don't try this unless you have a clear place to do it.

Old 06-09-2005, 01:16 PM
Took a sharp left turn with VDC off, and spun into a 180, but this car spins out easily it wasnt wet or anything, im kind of disappointed, i would never spun out in my FWD lude like this, i need a new suspension
? wtf learn how to drive.. your conclusion about fwd lacks common sense. Do some research and watch some rwd race videos.

Old 06-09-2005, 01:39 PM
This is a joke right? Or some sort of test? Please tell me you live in California. If you want to learn to drive fast go to Track Days. That is the best way to safely learn how to drive a real car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Spun out in the G