G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Tint tickets: Way around removing tint?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 03:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm in Cali.

I'm going to be paying my 2nd time for a tint ticket (although the other time was on my old car). The first two tickets I got I went through the BS of getting the tint off and put back on. The next two times I knew someone that knew a cop that just had it signed off doing nothing, and now these two times. Yeah I get about one a year although it saved me twice...instead of speeding cop just gave me the tint ticket. The fine was only 72 bucks or something, and I'm willing to just keep paying it.

As for paying $170 to get it taken off and put back on...sounds like you went to a crappy tint place. Every place I've gone will within a period (usually 3 years, sometimes more) redo everything for FREE (provided you buy the "insurance" for it which was a very reasonable $25).

Old 06-23-2005, 06:05 PM
Mr. Cynical, so you can pay a fine of $72 in Cali and keep the tint? I would do that. The bastard pig who gave me this ticket pulled me over for no other reason and gave me the ticket on my birthday!

Old 06-23-2005, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by neffster
Remove the tint, get it signed off on and re-tint. It will be less than the cost of a ticket plus if you just pay the fine, they'll (*note your police file) so that the next time the cops run your tag they'll know that you paid a ticket for a tint that was too dark. This will clue them in and they'll reissue you another ticket for the same offense.

If you remove the tint, pay the few dollar fine and then retint, the police record is never updated (at least in FL this is how I was told it works).

Also, I got a tint ticket in 1999 and I did what I posted above about removing the tint, etc...
I didnt know that they had a record of summons like that..

I got a front plate ticket a few months ago, its only a $50 fine no points ticket. If I get pulled over, the cop can pull that up? So I guess I cant use my routine excuse.

Old 06-23-2005, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by Gfly
I'm in Cali, so there is no legal limit of tint on the front windows. The only thing that is legal is no tint, and I'm not doing that. To remove and replace the tint is going to cost me like $170. That's what I want to avoid. So let's get back to the original subject if anyone has any idea about what they do when checking to see that you removed your tint.

I know when I got my old 2002 Tahoe tinted at a shop here in San Diego....it was $40 to get the two front side windows tinted. The dude said that for as long as I own the truck if I ever got a fix it ticket to bring it back and they would remove the tint.....I go and get signed off and then bring it back in for re-tint and they would charge me $20.

But yea....that law sucks almost as bad as the front plate one

Old 06-24-2005, 06:58 AM
Originally Posted by heeb

I didnt know that they had a record of summons like that..

I got a front plate ticket a few months ago, its only a $50 fine no points ticket. If I get pulled over, the cop can pull that up? So I guess I cant use my routine excuse.
When they run your tag they get all sorts of information now that they have computers in their cars...

Old 06-24-2005, 07:50 AM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
The bastard pig who gave me this ticket pulled me over for no other reason and gave me the ticket on my birthday!
Let me get this straight...you broke the law with illegal tint so because you put the illegal tint on your car the police officer that pulled you over is a "bastard pig"? Stop whining and take responsibility for your actions. You got caught, pay the piper and stop sniveling.

Old 06-24-2005, 09:31 AM
Yes, he is. He pulled me over for something so trivial and gave me a ticket on my birthday. The law is bs in the first place. Just like most traffic laws are. They are not there to keep people safe but to make cash. I have my own morals that don't correspond to bs laws. But you are welcome to go ahead and take the laws as your bible rather than having a mind of your own.

Last edited by Gfly; 06-24-2005 at 09:35 AM.
Old 06-24-2005, 09:42 AM
City that Never Sleeps
Find same color vechicle with no tint and take the picture is possible put your plate on it if you know the person. The court will dismiss it as long as they see your plate on the vechicle with no tint. it's not risky because the court don't know your mod's on your ticket.

Old 06-24-2005, 09:45 AM
So you're saying you can mail a pic of the car rather than having it signed off in person? I don't know if that's possible here.

Old 06-24-2005, 10:29 AM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
Yes, he is. He pulled me over for something so trivial and gave me a ticket on my birthday. The law is bs in the first place. Just like most traffic laws are. They are not there to keep people safe but to make cash. I have my own morals that don't correspond to bs laws. But you are welcome to go ahead and take the laws as your bible rather than having a mind of your own.
Whine whine, snivel snivel.

You knew 20% tint was illegal in CA, so stop being a baby and blaming everyone but yourself.

Old 06-24-2005, 11:20 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was told the ticket had your VIN. I was thinking about doing that same thing. If I get a ticket with the color and car, Ill def do that. I have to go 2 hours away to get 3M brand tint so Im not removing them.

One thing, where do you live? I sure hope not in Florida. I was told Florida cops are not **** about tint darkness. I have 20% all round and the lightest one on the front.

Old 06-24-2005, 11:37 AM
I'm in Cali. The ticket does not have my VIN on it. Just my license.

You're damn right I don't blame myself. Because in my eyes and I'm sure the eyes of most here, I am doing nothing wrong by having tint.

Old 06-24-2005, 12:36 PM
20% isnt as dark IMO. Car looks great, and protects interior better. I just dont get this stupid law. I want a better protection for my interior (so I went with tint on front) and better look. I will def try taking a friends car to have my fix it ticket signed off if I ever see get one.

Old 06-24-2005, 12:49 PM
I live in Cali also and bought my car with the tint already on it. I'm not sure how tinted it is but I can assume I can take it to any tint place and they would tell me right? My question is the only thing I have tinted is my back window and those two triangle small back windows which are the same tint. My front windows have no tint except the factory minimal tint whatever that is. My questions is it only illegal to tint the front windows in cali or is it illegal to have any of the windows tinted? Second what is the legal limit for tint in cali? Does each window of the car allow a different degree of tint or is it all the same? Also has anybody gotten busted for not having a front license plate I don't have one? Thanks

Old 06-24-2005, 01:14 PM
you want to know how to legally have tint on your car in any state any place?

Get a official letter from a doctor that says your eyes are sensitive to light and therefore cannot be exposed to prolong periods of sunlight. The letter needs to be signed by a real doctor, not your buddy. Have the letter in addition to a pair of "blue blockers" or those HUGE square sunglasses, that you tell the officer you wear when you go into the sun. And for those of you who think I am BS'ing you...here is a real copy of a letter that has worked in california. ENJOY

http://www.apexcone.com/JimPowellHom.../LegalTint.jpg

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tint tickets: Way around removing tint?