G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Tint tickets: Way around removing tint?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 12:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tint tickets: Way around removing tint?

The ticket just says the car, color and license plate. Would it be possible to switch license plates with a similar G that doesn't have tint and get it signed off?

Old 06-23-2005, 01:25 AM
Gangster Member
pay the 100 fine and keep the tint

Old 06-23-2005, 01:41 AM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Gfly
The ticket just says the car, color and license plate. Would it be possible to switch license plates with a similar G that doesn't have tint and get it signed off?

that's risky man. i would not take that chance.

Old 06-23-2005, 02:25 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good idea... No VIN to double check it. and they would never ask... but I would just pay it and deal with it. I just paid 112 for the tint in my Truck.. it sucked, but I didn't want ot pull the tint.

Old 06-23-2005, 04:17 AM
Can you pay a fine and keep the tint in all states? The pig didn't mention that option.

And is it really risky? The only way I can see it backfiring is if they check the VIN on the registration against the one on the car.

Old 06-23-2005, 04:47 AM
just look for an officer at some fast-food place or coffee shop and have them sign it off, since they on their break? they wont take time to check your VIN and plate...you can just simply pay the fine but if you get pull over again for tint? in most states they can tow you car away if they chose to.

I know I have see that pic in your sig few time now, but it still bugs me, just way too close to the edge...

Old 06-23-2005, 05:33 AM
damn u guys got it easy, here in cali we get slapped with a $260 fine for inproper equipment. Its an officers decision if he wants to give you a fix it ticket or write you up. Just pay it, you dont want to end up in court looking like a dumb *** for trying to get one over on them.

Old 06-23-2005, 06:14 AM
Gangster Member
ya call by phone

Old 06-23-2005, 07:53 AM
Remove the tint, get it signed off on and re-tint. It will be less than the cost of a ticket plus if you just pay the fine, they'll (*note your police file) so that the next time the cops run your tag they'll know that you paid a ticket for a tint that was too dark. This will clue them in and they'll reissue you another ticket for the same offense.

If you remove the tint, pay the few dollar fine and then retint, the police record is never updated (at least in FL this is how I was told it works).

Also, I got a tint ticket in 1999 and I did what I posted above about removing the tint, etc...

Old 06-23-2005, 08:27 AM
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Remove the tint and go to the legal limit in your state (I assume you got a ticket because it was darker than the limit).

Old 06-23-2005, 09:07 AM
my friend did exactly the same and got away, but i don't really know the consequences when you get caught. i heard some people get a note from eye doctor and appeal to the court saying their eyes are too sensitive to sunlight.

Old 06-23-2005, 09:11 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Personally, it isn't worth the risk. If you get popped it'll cost you more than if you just did the right thing in the first place.

Why don't you fix the problem? Tint to the legal limit and you won't have any worries.

If the look of your car is more important than compliance with the law, then you're making a conscious decision to do the wrong thing. When you get caught, buck up and take your medicine.

Old 06-23-2005, 09:14 AM
I'm in Cali, so there is no legal limit of tint on the front windows. The only thing that is legal is no tint, and I'm not doing that. To remove and replace the tint is going to cost me like $170. That's what I want to avoid. So let's get back to the original subject if anyone has any idea about what they do when checking to see that you removed your tint.

Old 06-23-2005, 09:42 AM
Move to Florida- tint's legal and no front license plate!

Old 06-23-2005, 09:44 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
I'm in Cali, so there is no legal limit of tint on the front windows. The only thing that is legal is no tint, and I'm not doing that. To remove and replace the tint is going to cost me like $170. That's what I want to avoid. So let's get back to the original subject if anyone has any idea about what they do when checking to see that you removed your tint.

You won't know until you try it. What someone tells you here is at best their experience on that day at that time, and at worst a guess.

If you get a lazy person, one thing happens. If you get someone like me, I'm gonna bounce the VIN to make sure I'm looking at the right car - it only makes sense. If I catch you trying to pull a fast one, I'm gonna a$$ rape you like there is no tomorrow.

There's no way to know what will happen until you try it. Good luck. Even if you get through this one, there's always next time.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tint tickets: Way around removing tint?