G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Tint tickets: Way around removing tint?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 11:03 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
There is no such thing as a "mostly law abiding citizen." You either comply with the law or you don't. You're not "law-abiding" when it suits you and not when it doesn't..

I don't recall the small print on my driver's license giving me the option to pick and choose the laws I'll comply with. When the state gave you your license and you signed the papers, you agreed to comply with the laws of the state - not just the ones you like.

With the number of a$sholes cops have to deal with I'm not surprised they don't show more tolerance. If you gave a cop 1/10th of the attitude I'm reading in this thread I guarantee you're going to get a ticket.

If cops are such power-hungry oppressors, why have I been ticket free for the last ~25 years? I've lived in three countries and 6 states and haven't had as much as a warning in any of the 14 cars I've owned.

You want to disregard the law, at least have the maturity and integrity to own up when the toll comes due.

What a bunch of whiners. Please.

Old 06-25-2005, 11:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Then there must not be any law-abiding citizens in the world. Of course there's mostly law-abiding people. I've never murdered, raped or stolen a thing in my life. I'd call those the biggies. If you don't think there's a difference between those and traffic laws, you need help. No driver can say they haven't gone 66 in a 65 or 36 in a 35. So the majority of people are mostly law-abiding citizens. Except for you, of course. You're Mr. Perfect. You've never broken a law in your life. Quite a mature statement.

My integrity only applies to my beliefs and values, not ones thrust upon me. I will get around those if I can.

I don't follow speed laws because I know my car can safely handle the faster speeds. Of course, if there is a situation that requires slower speed than I will drive slower. My judgment is much more accurate than the law. There is something wrong in a system that allows a Pinto to go the same speed as our cars. Our cars can handle 85 better than most cars on the road can handle 65. The law is flawed. I don't adhere to flawed laws.

Old 06-25-2005, 11:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Gfly
Then there must not be any law-abiding citizens in the world. Of course there's mostly law-abiding people. I've never murdered, raped or stolen a thing in my life. I'd call those the biggies. If you don't think there's a difference between those and traffic laws, you need help. No driver can say they haven't gone 66 in a 65 or 36 in a 35. So the majority of people are mostly law-abiding citizens. Except for you, of course. You're Mr. Perfect. You've never broken a law in your life. Quite a mature statement.

My integrity only applies to my beliefs and values, not ones thrust upon me. I will get around those if I can.

I don't follow speed laws because I know my car can safely handle the faster speeds. Of course, if there is a situation that requires slower speed than I will drive slower. My judgment is much more accurate than the law. There is something wrong in a system that allows a Pinto to go the same speed as our cars. Our cars can handle 85 better than most cars on the road can handle 65. The law is flawed. I don't adhere to flawed laws.

We should go to Canada!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-26-2005, 07:37 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

My judgment is much more accurate than the law.

Old 06-26-2005, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by GeeWillikers
If you get a lazy person, one thing happens. If you get someone like me, I'm gonna bounce the VIN to make sure I'm looking at the right car - it only makes sense. If I catch you trying to pull a fast one, I'm gonna a$$ rape you like there is no tomorrow.
WOW! To serve and protect. Or to a$$ rape you like there is no tomorrow.
Your tax dollars at work. But then again why go after dope dealers and child killers when we can get busy with the window tinters! Nothin' like having a little authority to prove my theory - if a lotta cops weren't cops they would be in jail. But I say this with all due respect officer.

Old 06-26-2005, 11:22 AM
Originally Posted by skeleton_cru
You're saying that because so many people break a law than that law should be changed?
Cru, I soooooooooo do not want to get into it with you my very knowledgable walking G database however.....

When they set speed limits it is recommended that it be set at the speed that at least 70% of traffic is travelling at for the highest safety factor (aside from special circumstances like school zones etc.).

As for the pot issue let's just say I live in Vancouver Canada and leave it at that. We won't even get in to abortion or other laws that have been repealed.

But on everything else: We cool.

Old 06-26-2005, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by Ferrarimanic360
We should go to Canada!!!!!!!!!!
Damn rights! Come on up boys. We'll swamp Vancouver with G's and we'll set the traffic laws! The BBQ's on right now serving steaks, fresh wild salmon, local prawns, we got cold full strength beer on ice and if you wanna smoke something that's your biz! We're all about fresh air and personal freedom. Just leave the guns on the other side of the border please.

My apologies for the multiple posts in a row but I don't know how to drop in more than one quote.

Old 06-26-2005, 12:13 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Originally Posted by big daddy d
WOW! To serve and protect. Or to a$$ rape you like there is no tomorrow.
Your tax dollars at work. But then again why go after dope dealers and child killers when we can get busy with the window tinters! Nothin' like having a little authority to prove my theory - if a lotta cops weren't cops they would be in jail. But I say this with all due respect officer.
Overstated my point. I was only saying that cops who find you trying to evade the law are more likely to make it hard on you, as compared to you doing the right thing from the beginning.

Old 06-26-2005, 12:18 PM
True 'nuf.

Old 06-26-2005, 12:21 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

You're Mr. Perfect.
I absolutely am not perfect. The main difference between you and I is if I get popped, and I know I'm in the wrong, I pay the price and go on my way. Lesson learned. You'll never hear me whine or cry about silly $hit like this. In your case you made a decision to break (or disregard - choose whichever word suits you) the law, it wasn't an accident. Instead of owning up, you're trying to wiggle out of it.

I don't pick and choose the laws I obey. I do drive the speed limit unless conditions demand I do otherwise. I elect people to make the laws, if I don't like what they're doing I call them or write them and tell them so. It's part of the process of government. I vote.

Using your logic, there would be no order. I think we should be able to blow off airport screenings - stupid law. I'm not a terrorist, I shouldn't be subjected to it. I am because it's for the greater good. For that reason, I don't mind. Traffic laws are much the same. It's not about what YOU or YOUR car can handle, it's about what the inept drivers around you can handle - FOR THE GREATER GOOD.

This is just another case of someone wanting to be the star of the "ME" show. You want to pick and choose the laws you follow, fine. Just be man enough to pay the penalty when it catches up to you.

Last edited by GeeWillikers; 06-26-2005 at 12:23 PM.
Old 06-26-2005, 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by Gfly
The ticket just says the car, color and license plate. Would it be possible to switch license plates with a similar G that doesn't have tint and get it signed off?

Highly illegal, just pay the fine and keep your tint.

Old 06-26-2005, 03:04 PM
Me at 16 yrs old: Dad, I shouldn't need a haircut to get a job.
Dad: Thats reality - live with it. Now go cut your hair.
It is what it is.
To condense: If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.
Pay the ticket, strip the windows, tint the windows, and consider it the cost of a tinted window permit.

Old 06-26-2005, 07:28 PM
I do own up to something if I know I am in the wrong. In this case, I am not in the wrong according to my own moral principles and guidelines. I use my speed to help avoid inept drivers. In 11 years of driving, the speed I drive has never caused an accident but has helped avoid a few. My tint has also never caused an accident. But thanks for keeping the city safe, officer.

Old 07-02-2005, 04:58 PM
As a follow up, I had the tint removed and had a chp sign it off. He never asked for my registration or even looked anywhere but at the window and at the ticket he was signing off, so it can be done.

Old 07-02-2005, 07:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I heard you can just send the money and have it paid? I rather pay 40$ for the ticket than 70$ to have the front one redone... even worse, pay over 100 to have front and driver plus passenger windows removed (as those are illegal too).

For a cop to give you a fix it ticket, he must have that little machine that measures the tint %age right? I mean, he cant just say "too dark" and give 1 to you can he?