G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

some good news and some bad news 5at - 6mt?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 10:57 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
A lot of you guys are missing the point here. Many of us don't have a problem with the younger crowd getting far nicer cars than we ever had when we were that age. Hell, it took me till I was 30 to be able to afford this car. Yeah, I know, cry me a river. Anyways, the point is the guy should be damn happy with what he already has. He got a freaking nice first car FOR FREE and apparantly he's never had to work a day in his life until last week when he turned 18. Now he wants to trade in the 5AT and get a 6MT. He's 18. He's an adult. He should pay for things himself. If he wants a 6MT, he can trade in his car and pay the difference with his own money. He's a big boy now.

Old 06-26-2005, 11:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by mc2
Why should i shutup? I sound like an *** because everybody is giving the kid a hard time for having a G35 when he's 15 and i'm just trying to help him out? So what if his uncle didn't know he was driving his goddamn car, if the guy was 47 years old and told this story nobody would say ****. You obviously completely missed the boat on this point so really, shutup.

I don't care what your family is these things mean nothing to me and thats great that you are rich and have lots of money to buy nice cars i'm sure everybody would like to live the same life you live. That's great you are deserving more than you should so does that mean everybody should be criticizing you for it? What do you think? Should we all give you **** because your parents bought your car for you when you're still growing pubic hairs? Don't ask me to leave people alone, i didn't start anything with anybody.. the only people that should be leaving anybody alone are the people giving the kid crap for having something nice when he's young. Yes life is too short to be an *** so please stop being it. I'm not sure what compelled you to get into this with me since you should be on GBouis side, but i guess i will never know.

I think I just asked you to shut up and is it too hard?

Oh some people just don't get it. Oh well, that's life.

Old 06-27-2005, 12:02 AM
Jp1
hypocrisy

This thread is great. Be careful with what you say as you yourself will be held to that standard. We live in huge wonderful glass houses. Umm anyone have a stone to throw?

Stick with the AT and buy more modz. After college get a mt. IMHO.
Good luck! If it really bothers you in another 6months tell your dad that you want to trade it in for a mt and that you'll pay for the difference. He'd really know that your making decisions and are responsible for them.

Old 06-27-2005, 12:45 AM
Well here are some pics of my car, now I have bat's overlays on it, as well as the new Kenwood monitor with the alpine center channel with 5.1 digital surround sound. Ill take some more pics and post them up soon. Here you guys go, enjoy. Once again thanks for the imput, im sorry if this post became something that it wasnt supposed to be, but nonetheless thanks once again. Btw, I live in the northern suberbs, I dunno if your familiar with Northbrook?

Attached Thumbnails some good news and some bad news 5at - 6mt?-best-sound-1st-place.jpg   some good news and some bad news 5at - 6mt?-closeup-car-g35-invite.jpg   some good news and some bad news 5at - 6mt?-car-driveway.jpg   some good news and some bad news 5at - 6mt?-1st-all-around-smaller.jpg  
Old 06-27-2005, 02:19 AM
Well, if you think you have the 6MT down, then go for it. I'm 16 and have an 04.5 6MT, and I can tell you that the clutch is completely different than most other vehicles that are manuals. The clutch took me a good few weeks to get it down pat, but now I easily have it mastered and it is a blast to drive. As far as this "young kids having nice cars" convo is going, I can see why some of the older guys that were arguing the point would be a little annoyed. There are a lot of kids out there that get nice cars and take them for granted. Howerver, obviously GB cares for his car and I dont think he takes it for granted because 1) He has modded his car which most likely means he is in love with it and wants to make it better and 2) He is posting on a G35 forum! If he took his car for granted then i doubt he would be posting on this forum

Good luck with the switch (if you do it), and let us know how it goes

Hockeyplay95

Old 06-27-2005, 02:30 AM
FGC South Florida BOD
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
One of my best buddies had a Q45 and a house on the water at the age of 23. If for whatever reason I started booing everyone who was given something nice as a gift, albeit inappropriate for their age, I'd have to end up at a mental hospital. I don't know how people don't get tired of it. GB your car is beautiful... what I would do if I were you is stick to this one for another couple of years, then get an e90 M3 (if 6MT is offered at all if you still care for it), or whatever else you might like. If you're one to change cars more frequently, just take your dad for a test drive in a 6MT and you both can decide if it's worth it and take it from there. Don't just get caught up in the 6MT hype on here or whatever your dad told you about stick drivers

Hope it goes well for you, keep us posted.

Old 06-27-2005, 09:58 AM
Dude, you G is hot! I say get a 6MT if you go with an '04 or earlier. The only thing your ride needs are some Brembos...

Then again, you can probably add a nice Stoptech BBK if you would like.

Originally Posted by mc2
It's just you, go do some more "cool" things and tell all the stories to your friends.

No, it's not just him. Your always starting some **** no matter what the topic. I actually agree with you on this one, but you still seem to fire people up no matter what your discussing. Maybe have a little more tact in how you approach a topic...

Old 06-27-2005, 10:54 AM
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Honestly, just take a step back and realize that you were given a really nice car!!
Just because you learned how to drive stick (congrats on the quick learn btw), well, is that really a good reason to make your parents take a hit and trade it in?

IMHO asking them to trade in the real nice car they got you might have insunuated that you don't like it or appreciate it, so I can see why your mother was resistant.

Bottom line, you have a nice car so enjoy it! Plenty of time left in your life to get a stick

Last edited by madchef; 06-27-2005 at 10:58 AM.
Old 06-27-2005, 11:54 AM
George,

Good luck, bro. I've been driving stick for a long time and a die-hard manual car driver. One thing to remember with a manual car is traffic and hills, none of which you had to endure during your test drive. To own a manual car in a busy city takes some tenacity and tough love. You have to convince yourself that the stick was a good idea. Also, try taking off on a hill or using huge amounts of restraint in the winter. One mistake in the winter can land in on the sidewalk. Yes, the 6mt is very rewarding, but there are many trade-offs.