G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

What happened to the seats???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 02:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What happened to the seats???

My friend has an 04' G and when he folds his seat down, the seat automatically moves so the passengers could go in. My 05 doesn't. Just wondering why they changed it, ppl have problems? Sorry if this has been asked before, I just found out recently.

Old 06-28-2005, 02:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They didn't change anything, the automatic seat is still functional just instead of pulling the bar up ( as in the 04 model ), the 05 you need to pull up the bar to fold the seat and then press the oval button inside of it to allow the seat to move foward or backwards.

Its there, just hidden

Old 06-28-2005, 10:43 AM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mrjonang
They didn't change anything, the automatic seat is still functional just instead of pulling the bar up ( as in the 04 model ), the 05 you need to pull up the bar to fold the seat and then press the oval button inside of it to allow the seat to move foward or backwards.

Its there, just hidden
i find our "automatic" seat mechanism quite a nuisance. BMW does a great job in this area.

Old 06-28-2005, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by mrjonang

Its there, just hidden
Yup, but make sure you hit the little button let the seat do the full travel path back and forth, if you pull the seat back up you'll stop the travel and then **GASP** have to hit the button manually to move it the rest of the way back!

Old 06-28-2005, 02:06 PM
stupid move on Infiniti's part I think. I like the way the 04's work. Pull the lever up for the seat, it automatically slides forward, put the seat back, and it automatically slides to the orginal spot. nice and simple.

Old 06-28-2005, 02:42 PM
Originally Posted by mc2
i find our "automatic" seat mechanism quite a nuisance. BMW does a great job in this area.
Yup....I prefer the way my 330ci seats lift forward and "up" manually

Old 06-28-2005, 03:24 PM
mc2
Originally Posted by Newbomb Turk
Yup....I prefer the way my 330ci seats lift forward and "up" manually
Yeah. The BMW design is so intuitive and is a perfect design for coupe seats IMO. Not only do they automatically go forward, but they also go UP which makes a ton of space for the rear passenger to enter/exit.

THe infiniti ones are horrible. Oh well, what are you gonna do.

Old 06-28-2005, 03:50 PM
Yeah I hate how they did that with the 05s. I like how my 04 moves automatically. Only thing I hate about the way it was on the 04s, is that you have to recline the seat back sometimes, beacause it goes almost straight up when you push it back. Dont really know why they did this. Wouldnt say its horrible though, most cars dont even do this..

Old 06-28-2005, 04:17 PM
mc2
Originally Posted by heeb
Yeah I hate how they did that with the 05s. I like how my 04 moves automatically. Only thing I hate about the way it was on the 04s, is that you have to recline the seat back sometimes, beacause it goes almost straight up when you push it back. Dont really know why they did this. Wouldnt say its horrible though, most cars dont even do this..
We'll i've only been in 2 coupes with power seats, so i guess I don't have too much frame of reference.

Old 06-28-2005, 04:29 PM
Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts
The seats on my CLS were excellent. They not only returned to their position, but to their recline as well.

The 04 G not having power recline is a whole other issue that I can't understand.

So, in the 05 they take away the memory seat but give you power recline. WTF?

Old 06-28-2005, 05:05 PM
i like the way it is right now, automatic.
plus i dont even use my back seat so it looks better without that lifting thing.

Old 06-28-2005, 05:05 PM
Obsessive Owner
I prefer the 05 version better, having owned an 04 and an 05. In the 05 you can tilt the seat forward, so you can reach to the back seat to get anything without waiting for the seat to move forward and back. Also in the 05, when the seat slides back and you push the backrest back, it goes to its original position, where in the 04's the backrest stopped at the first notch, and you had to reset the back positioning. This is all IMO.

-Mike

Old 06-28-2005, 09:17 PM
mc2
Originally Posted by JDM 350GT
i like the way it is right now, automatic.
plus i dont even use my back seat so it looks better without that lifting thing.
It's not really automatic though, since you have to push the button twice. And for the most part you're really the only person that knows how to use it, anybody who you give a ride to (unless its a regular) will just pull the seat back as they get in and screw it all up

Old 06-28-2005, 09:19 PM
mc2
Originally Posted by JZ39
The seats on my CLS were excellent. They not only returned to their position, but to their recline as well.

The 04 G not having power recline is a whole other issue that I can't understand.

So, in the 05 they take away the memory seat but give you power recline. WTF?
Well, no, there's still memory seat, and the power recline does not really come into play in the memory seat at all.

But basically, you lift the seat up, then you have to press a small button in the back of the seat. The seat SLOWLY moves forward all the way to the front. Then you have to press the button again for it to SLOWLY move back to it's memorized position. At this point, you cannot move the seat back at all, otherwise the seat will just stop moving backwards and you'll have to manually adjust it all over again.

Once the seat has moved all the way back, then you you have to life the back back up and it will click back into it's original place where it was without the aid of the power recline in that situation.

Old 06-29-2005, 04:06 AM
Thanks for all your input. Thats why I'm on this forum everyday.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What happened to the seats???