G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Got SCAMMED by Competetion Infiniti!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 04:16 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man i'd be pissed. But i guess they know they might get this one over on you. Should we assume you bought this car from a distant place to save money, rather than go locally?

Old 06-28-2005, 04:17 PM
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Man, that's horrible. Your best wepon if you can't get money is to do what you are doing, get the word out. Even if you cost them one sale, you've done enough.

Old 06-28-2005, 04:37 PM
You guys are great. I appreciate the support. After all is said and done, I still have a PHAT ride. I'll mod till the pain goes away...

Old 06-28-2005, 04:48 PM
Man, I'm really sorry to hear about your situation. I really hope you win your case. I also hope it doesn't put a black mark on Infiniti in your book. Some dealerships are full of a$$holes, and unfortunately you weren't too lucky. Good luck with the lawyer. I'd like to hear how it comes out...especially if you can somehow end up with new 05 or 06.

Old 06-28-2005, 04:50 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Got any pictures of the whole car? Those are always good for a smile...

Looking at your responses - I think you are correct - Lemon Law would likely fail you.

Maybe a good lawyer can help you recover mileage costs and what-not, but will the cost, time, and frustration of continuing to deal with this dealership be worth it?

Send your sales guy/general manager a link to this thread (and every other car forum you post it in) and maybe he'll realize that it isn't you he's shafting -it's himself. He's not doing his business any favors. I believe G-Squad is out of New York - don't know where they are with regard to this dealer but they will surely spread the word around the folks they meet. In this case bad publicity isn't better than no publicity.

One great thing about the internet - when stuff like this happens it's impossible for the less-than-forthright individuals to hide. They don't do this stuff in a vacuum anymore.

By the way - welcome to the board!

Old 06-28-2005, 05:30 PM
by law in GA, they delivered the car to you, so you have the right to give it back in a week if you saw somthing wrong. but if you took delivery at the dealership, your stuck with it or somthing. lemon law won't help you at all. the car doesn't have a problem (yet) that will take several attempts to repair under warranty.

Old 06-28-2005, 05:46 PM
damn they really screwed you over. bunch of a$$holes. heres what im gonna do. i live in queens near long island. ill go to that dealership, act all serious about purchasing a car. get his contact info call him up and bother him with questions about the car. setup test drive after test drive. prolong the sale and make it as furstrating for them as possible. and then ill agree verbally that ill take the car and then next day ill call and say i saw something on the internet about you guys so im gonna pass on this and go to millnium infiniti down the block.

Old 06-28-2005, 06:32 PM
Premier Dough Slapper
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry to hear you had such a rough time with Comp-Infiniti. I know a bunch of the guys there (even went to school with one) and I cant say anything bad about them, but that's not to say, stuff like what you went through can't happen. I hope it works out for you and you're able to put all this behind and simpy enjoy your car. I myself live only minutes away from Comp-Infiniti on LI but commute to and from CT daily. It's a real pain, but I've got a lot invested in certain business and property developments in and around Fairfield county CT, so the bottom line makes it worth the hike. If you're ever around the Norwalk area, stop by Papa Johns Pizza on Main Street and say hello. Best of luck with your new ride....

Old 06-28-2005, 07:03 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow, I feel for you man, I bought my car from a dealer in NY (made my mistake, and learned my lesson). Do you think they are in any relation to Atlantic Infiniti??? Have had the worst experience of my entire life there, I didn't even want to drive a car AT ALL when I left there!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-28-2005, 07:27 PM
The internet is great. I just hope that I can spread the word so nobody else gets ripped off by Competition Infiniti. I thank all of you for your help...

I don't care how long it takes, and if I win, it really wouldn't matter if all the money went to the lawyers. I just want the dealership to pay beacuse I'm sick of being underestimated. I've been treated like a chump throughout this ordeal. They challanged me and I'm going fight tooth and nail for what I deserve, no matter the outcome...

Old 06-28-2005, 07:34 PM
Administrator
Received 75 Likes on 31 Posts
well if you win i believe the court will award you representation fees so it doesn't come out your pockets

Old 06-28-2005, 07:41 PM
Competition is where I bought my car. Salesman was this guy Wayne. Nice enough. They have a big sign outside that claims them to be one of the nations largest infiniti dealers.

If I were you, I would go to their showroom and create havok. Seriously. Start complaing very loudly and you will be taken very seriously. People will start leaving their showroom and money will be lost for them. I have done this with a toyota dealer that tried to shaft me almost like what is going on to you right now. Start yelling, (don't make any verbal threats or anything like that). Just claim that you want to be heard right away and taken seriously. Further that you won't be leaving until you recieve some kind of real compensation or trade in.

Might be tought cause you live so far. But I guess that's why they tried to shaft you in the first place.

Old 06-28-2005, 07:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sorry to hear what has happened but i hope you get this problem solved and the dealer sounds like they really don't give a SH*T about their customers.

Old 06-28-2005, 08:02 PM
I just picked up my 2005 6mt coupe from them 2 fridays ago and had a great experience... I hate to hear bad experiences like this

Old 06-28-2005, 09:15 PM
Yeah bad experiences seem to go hand-in-hand w/ some NY infiniti dealers. I know I had my problems with a particular NY dealer, coughKingscough. In the end it worked out but it took 5 months of waiting.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got SCAMMED by Competetion Infiniti!