G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Got SCAMMED by Competetion Infiniti!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 11:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I met with a consumer lawyer yesterday and actually have a few options. Because of a loop hole, signing paperwork in CT, I can possibly break my contract but it could take up to a year in litagation. My second option is to sue in small claims court for the price of the Aero Kit plus repair cost. The cool thing is I can bring them to court in my hometown.

I informed them on the lawsuit and gave them one more opportunity to make good on the deal. I'll find out after the holiday. If they will not do a "change of colladeral" I will be bringing them to small claims court within the month. If I get stuck with the car at least the winnings will go into mods.

I'll keep posting the results...

Old 07-01-2005, 11:58 AM
heh, I read that as 'winnings' as in Volk SF Winnings.. good way to spend the 'winnings'

Old 07-01-2005, 01:28 PM
However, in small claims court you are limited to $3000, well at least in NY, i think.

Good luck to you!

Old 07-01-2005, 04:30 PM
In CT it's $3500 but in October it goes up to $5000... Might wait until October

Old 07-05-2005, 02:17 PM
Just got an estimate from my local Infiniti body shop. Total repair cost is $2200!!!! Still waiting to see if I can do a "change of colladeral." Competition doesn't like to return calls...

Old 07-05-2005, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by rs2183
However, in small claims court you are limited to $3000, well at least in NY, i think.

Good luck to you!
I think it's 5,000 in NY

Old 07-13-2005, 03:08 PM
UPDATE...

I had my final conversation with Competition Infiniti yesterday. I talked to the business manager Steven LaBarbera who said that he wanted to work it out. His idea of working it out was to have me drive back 120 miles for them to look at it. They looked at it 3 times and everytime said their work was perfect when it really looked like dog crap! I got all my paperwork for small claims court ready.

Today when I brought my car into my local dealer to fix some of their f* up's I found out that they changed my address and switched around the numbers for my phone. SLIMY BASTARDS!!!!! Guess they don't want Infiniti to contact me for the survey. I called corporate, changed my info and requested a survey.

Anyone in the Smithtown area do me a favor and spread the word. Boycott the bastards!!!!! They will take advantage of you any chance they get.

Get the calvary ready, we're going to court!!!!!!

Old 07-13-2005, 05:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is an awesome thread...way to go, rootin for the little guy!

Old 08-10-2005, 12:01 PM
UPDATE....

I'm returning the car to Competition Infiniti and going into full litigation.

bye bye G...

Old 08-10-2005, 12:39 PM
Good, you deserve better. Anyone would.

Old 10-31-2005, 03:39 PM
any updates

Old 11-01-2005, 01:36 PM
It's been requested that I update my situation.

Basically, Competition Infiniti employees are the scum of the earth. I heed warning to anyone looking for an Infiniti around Smithtown, NY to stay far away from Competition. They do not care about their customers, just the bottom line.

After my last thread I saw the wonderful people at the Consumer Law Group. My lawyer took the case pro-bono because he feels that it is a strong argument. I had an expert evaluate the damage and agreed to be my witness on the stand. He thinks that the main problem is they outsource their work and have no quality control. It's all about the numbers plus they really don't care if their customers are happy.

The G got parked and covered in August and then my lawyer sent the letters of intent. Competition Infiniti stalled us for a couple of months and we finally filed suit a couple of weeks ago. The car is being flat bedded back to Competition within the next few days. And it looks like I will be going to trial within the next year. Chase bank will try to destroy my credit and Competition will try to steal my $25k down payment. All I can hope is that justice will provail.

Last edited by Diamondman; 11-01-2005 at 01:39 PM.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:10 PM
Good luck bro, thanks for the update.

Jason

Old 11-01-2005, 03:24 PM
I just saw this thread today, and let me tell you, I'm another sucker who got SCAMMED by Competition Infiniti. If anyone has read my posts lately, they know what I've been going through. I recently posted my "Goodbye '05 Coupe - You're Lemon Law'd" post.

Diamondman - I feel you pain bro. Darren, the sales manager is the idiot who sold me my car, but more importantly, they are notorious for not calling me back. All my problems are from the service department and the incompetent technicians they have working there. I've gotten taken for a ride for the past 6 months. Rick Budd, the General Manager of the service department is full of $hit, as well as Nick who is the Service Manager.

I'm building my case for Lemon Law right now. I have to send the paperwork that the BBB sent me last week back to them this week. It's incredibly horrible how they treat their customers, and you are right - they care about pushing out quantity, not the quality of customer service they deliver to their current customers. Below is just a small bit of my date log that I've prepared in Excel to present to the BBB when I submit all my paperwork, and everyone will see what I'm dealing with:

date TBD ropped off car; met with Nick (Service Manager) and showed him problem with rear axle clicking
date TBD: Picked up car; Window sticker was not fixed; Went back into service to speak to Nick about it; He called someone over the phone and they told him to tell me that if I wanted to window sticker to be re-installed I would have to pay for another inspection; I disagreed with this; Technician came out and brought car back inside service and re-did the inspection sticker. Upon bringing the car out, there was a grease print on the grey area inside the door jam; Showed this to Nick. He apologized; Brought my car back to use a "super high strength grease remover". Stain removed. Told Nick how disgusted I was with the service department there.
8/30/05 Called Competition Infiniti to make an appointment for windows and rear axle problem; First available date with a loaner car was 9/12/05
9/12/05 Called in morning to verify appointment - spoke to Rozelle - Service department said I did not have an appointment but said they will "squeeze me in"; Loaner car was available
9/12/05 Left work early to drop off car at dealership in evening for appointment on 9/13/05; 5:30pm - Showed Nick (Service Manager) problems with window and confirmed rear axle clicking; Nick said he would call me on 9/13 to let me know status.
9/13/05 No call from Nick (Service Manager) on status
9/14/05 Called to speak to Nick (Service Manager); left message; no return call
9/15/05 Called again to speak to Nick (Service Manager); left message; no return call
9/16/05 Technician called in morning to let me know car is ready; Picked up car in the evening.
9/21/05 Heard clicking again in rear axle
Week of 10/3 Called to make another appointment to fix the passenger window problem that was caused from improper installation and to report clicking again in rear axle; Spoke to Nick (Service Manager) directly; Didn't believe that the problem had come back again for the rear axle
Week of 10/3 Played phone tag with Rick Budd (General Manager, Service Dept). Finally spoke to Rick and told him about all of the problems I've had and told him when my next appt. date was - he said he would be there when I dropped off my car. I told him I was not leaving work early anymore and told him I'd be there around 7:30pm to drop off car since this was the 4th time I was bringing car in.

It's pathetic that us, as consumers have to make Excel spreadsheet date logs as to what $hit service we get as consumers, and then have to use this info in attempt to file for Lemon Law.

Everyone - stay away from Competition Infiniti. I'm going to print out this entire posting and include it with my paperwork to make my case stronger. Because if they (Infiniti) try to get me to step into an '06, I will say there is no way in hell that I would because I would never put up with the crap level of customer service from this dealership, especially when the closest one is Massapequa or Manhasset Infiniti. Getting to those dealerships are just not feasible for me.

Diamondman - keep everyone posted on what the lawyers say. Can you PM me with your lawyer information?

Thanks!

Old 11-01-2005, 03:32 PM
I have heard many bad stories about Competition Infiniti. Let Infiniti Corp. know (it won't help at all, but at least corp will know).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got SCAMMED by Competetion Infiniti!