G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Window Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 02:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Window Problem

Anyone experience this window problem?

When shutting driver side power window, it goes to the top and then "rebounds" to come to a stop at about 2/3 of the way up. If I hold the lever as it goes up then it goes to the top and stays there.

It may be a coincidence but this seems to happen soon after I start driving. When driving for a while, it seems to work normally- going all the way to the top and staying shut.

There is nothing physically blocking the window to cause it to automatically retreat form the top.

Old 07-03-2005, 03:48 PM
This happened to me, first on my passenger window..then after I took it to the dealership (they "reset" the window motor), it happened to my driver side window, and then they just replaced the window motors.
First time it happened kinda freaked me out..would randomly open and close, was kinda weird. But yeah, it's your window motors. Just take it to your dealership :P

Old 07-03-2005, 04:17 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Same thing happen to my driver window about three months ago, return to the dealership and it was all taken care of under factory warranty. The mechanic had to remove the door panel then "readjusted" the sensor control. Try lubricating the upper rubber window seal, somethings that rubber starts to stiffen after normal wear in the sunlight and the sensor starts to fell more resistance now (make any sense?).

Old 07-03-2005, 04:33 PM
ha that just happen to me yesterday as i was going out to eat. i was in the parking lot trying to close my window and it kept going back down halfway. took me awhile but i finally got it to stay up. gonna go take it to dealer.

Old 07-03-2005, 04:42 PM
gtr proto test driver
my driver side window wont go down, taking it to infiniti this week

Old 07-03-2005, 05:46 PM
ahhh lol just happened to me yesterday.. but all of a sudden after i re started the car it didn't do it... My car is playin a games on me... Hmm....

Old 07-04-2005, 01:45 AM
Yup, my G did that to me today.. I thought I was buggin out cause I swore I used auto shut lol. It only happened twice so far though.

Old 07-04-2005, 03:15 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
That's a bad window regulator get it replaced.

Old 07-04-2005, 08:11 AM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Nissans window design has been full of bugs since they introduced it. Its really an overly complicated sytem (big surprise, I know).

The system actually uses a limit switch at the top of travel. If your window is going all the way up, then back down halfway I would say it is safe to assume your limit switch isn't adjusted properly. Since its hitting the top of the frame before the switch it thinks it is actually hitting something.

If you window goes up MOST of the way (but not all) and then switches direction that is typically signs of a worn motor. The system uses a rotary encoder wheel to determine window speed. As the motor wears, naturally it slows down. Eventually it will slow down to the point that the BCM thinks it is hitting something.

As I said, overly complicated

Old 07-04-2005, 10:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It happens to my G ONLY when I use "auto down" feature with the remote. Whenever I drop the window using the remote, the one-touch up will close the window and drop it down 2/3's. Quite annoying.

Is the same happening for everyone? Or it doesn't matter whether they use the remote or not?

Old 07-20-2005, 10:33 AM
G35driver.com Moderator
Thanks for the explanation Kev.

Here is an older (longer) thread about the same topic.
The consensus seems to be to leave it out in the heat and then take it to the dealership so that you can reproduce the issue. They will replace either the regulator, or the motor.

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...7&page=1&pp=20

Old 08-18-2005, 10:43 PM
Yep, I'm having the same problem and after I use the auto down feature on my key fob to air out a hot car.

Old 09-09-2005, 05:20 PM
Driver side window regulator died in 2003, passenger regulator died 6/05. Just today the Driver side window is stuck down. Are these F***ing things going to crap out every two years? I love my car,and the few times I have had warranty issues Infiniti has been great. But how many times are they going to replace the same items. Has Nissan fixed this problem, or is the design the same?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Window Problem