G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Help! My Serengeti Sand exterior has Silver rocker panel! Anyone heard of this?

Old 07-03-2005, 11:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help! My Serengeti Sand exterior has Silver rocker panel! Anyone heard of this?

My new '05 G35C is Serengeti Sand with the beige interior. I like it better than my previous '04 coupe color called Desert Platinum. My problem is that after I took delivery, I noticed that the rocker panel color does not match the body color. The panel appears silver and is very apparent where it wraps into the rear wheel well as well as standing a distance from the car. Dealer has taken some digital snaps for Infiniti to review, but I wanted to jump to this source first since my mud guards (the dealer threw in) will be here soon. Is this is widespread or a fluke? Happen to anyone else? I did not sign up for an Eddie Bauer version of my coupe.

Old 07-03-2005, 11:49 PM
FGC South Florida BOD
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 07-03-2005, 11:49 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My BS's rocker panels are a tad darker than the rest of the body. i think it's the
way it is on all the G's with metallic paint..meaning, the color match isn't that great.

Old 07-04-2005, 12:47 AM
FGC South Florida BOD
The side skirt thingy

Old 07-04-2005, 02:52 PM
Yes, its looks like that, Finiti35, what did you tell dealer?

Did you note this color difference to the dealer and what was their response? My concern is that since the rocker panel is Silver and the rest of the car is Serengeti Sand (more gold colored), it will be gold/silver/gold when I have the mud guards put on. With my last coupe, Desert Platinum, everything matched including the mud guards. Let me know if anyone has a solution. I do not think it will look good and will create an "add-on" effect.

Old 07-04-2005, 03:01 PM
FGC South Florida BOD
This isn't my car, it's actually a dealer's car at one of our meets (Lokey Infiniti's service manager drives it). I noticed the side skirt color in person too. On Ivory Pearl the rear bumper usually doesn't match perfectly, and on my car the gas tank cover doesn't match. What can we do, that's what we get for picking a metallic color. Try to get your dealer to replace them or have a shop try to color match the paint more closely if you're willing to shell out for that.. or go aftermarket!!! So many nice side skirts out there.

Old 07-04-2005, 03:49 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by gregG35C
My new '05 G35C is Serengeti Sand with the beige interior. I like it better than my previous '04 coupe color called Desert Platinum. My problem is that after I took delivery, I noticed that the rocker panel color does not match the body color. The panel appears silver and is very apparent where it wraps into the rear wheel well as well as standing a distance from the car. Dealer has taken some digital snaps for Infiniti to review, but I wanted to jump to this source first since my mud guards (the dealer threw in) will be here soon. Is this is widespread or a fluke? Happen to anyone else? I did not sign up for an Eddie Bauer version of my coupe.
The difference you mention is quite apparant. I've not heard of that big a difference b4.
Those panels change easily. I'm sure they won't mind doing that for you.
C.

Old 07-04-2005, 06:22 PM
SUD
I posted on this before when some fellow was complaining about the paint on his IP Coupe.

This was definately a line production problem with a batch of the SS. This colour mixup is not correct and is not the same as the slight paint mismatching on other colours/cars. This was definately a major screw up. After driving 4+ hours to get my coupe, I arrived to find the dealer had discovered this problem while prepping the car for me. At first they thought they would swap out a pair on an auto SS they had also received....wrong...they took of the delivery plastic and found the same problem.

This initiated a series of phone calls across Canada and with Infiniti. There were at least two other SS in Canada with the same problem. Infiniti had no answer and no solution and backordering new rocker panels would have taken months. Therefore, the dealership offered to paint the rockers to match and provide me some other premium service goodies. I accepted and the dealer paint match was perfect...as was intended in the first place. I am happy enough with the result and it was not the dealer's fault.

Do not accept this as the way it should be...it is NOT. This was a paint line screwup that affected a whole batch of the SS. Get the dealer to repaint to your satisfaction or backorder the rockers. Do not accept this as is and don't believe any BS to the contrary. My dealer was very embarrassed and looked into it for me and treated me well/as best they could. Infiniti should be embarrassed at such a quality control failure.

Old 07-04-2005, 11:56 PM
Talking Thanks guys. Dealer will have to fix for me!

I appreciate your input everyone. Nice to know I am not alone. Hearing it is a production run problem on Serengeti Sand from "SUD" makes me feel confident the dealer can address the problem and change out for correct color. Hope everyone had a happy Fourth!

Old 07-05-2005, 11:20 AM
Don't touch it! It'll be a collectible.

I'd opt for the dealer paint option, if they offer it.

Old 07-05-2005, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by gregG35C
I just picked up my diamond graphite coupe last week and i have the same problem. The car is diamond graphite meanwhile the rear panels for the aero kit look brilliant silver. Everyone has noticed this on the car. I called the dealer and told them and they said to show it to them when I bring it back to have the front lip put on. Wha i don't understand is these pieces are factory installed...not dealer installed...how can something like this happen?

here are some pics...

Last edited by G35Girlie; 07-05-2005 at 12:01 PM.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:36 PM
[QUOTE=G35Girlie]I just picked up my diamond graphite coupe last week and i have the same problem. The car is diamond graphite meanwhile the rear panels for the aero kit look brilliant silver. Everyone has noticed this on the car. I called the dealer and told them and they said to show it to them when I bring it back to have the front lip put on. Wha i don't understand is these pieces are factory installed...not dealer installed...how can something like this happen?

wow.. that's a huge difference.. or seems so from here.. I'd start bitching and wouldn't stop until they re-painted or switched them up... looks like they're from another car! Sure it isn't a used car?

Old 07-05-2005, 06:06 PM
[QUOTE=justpete]
Originally Posted by G35Girlie
I just picked up my diamond graphite coupe last week and i have the same problem. The car is diamond graphite meanwhile the rear panels for the aero kit look brilliant silver. Everyone has noticed this on the car. I called the dealer and told them and they said to show it to them when I bring it back to have the front lip put on. Wha i don't understand is these pieces are factory installed...not dealer installed...how can something like this happen?

wow.. that's a huge difference.. or seems so from here.. I'd start bitching and wouldn't stop until they re-painted or switched them up... looks like they're from another car! Sure it isn't a used car?
Yeah, the car only has 9 miles on it. What I am thinking is that someone needed mine and they put someone elses on my car. Because not only is it the wrong color...the passenger rear piece is falling off!