G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Differences between the G and 350Z

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2005, 04:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For me it was a back seat that might actually hold a person or two and the lines of the car (from a side perspective). The Z always strikes me as being chopped off or being unnecessarily shortened.

Old 07-04-2005, 04:01 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Question: what would I need to out drag a 2005 NON-track 350z 6MT from 0-100mph-ish (or 1/4mile)?

Raced some stock AT Zs before and they get the jump but 05 MTs starts to inch up around 70mph but the Z gets a too far of a jump for me to catch up before the 1/4 is up..

Z-Tube+Pop, lower tire pressure, & pullies be enough?

edit: i dont think a longer version of a 350z would look as good O.o

Old 07-04-2005, 07:18 PM
Cant believe there is some hostillity between the G and Z owners..

They are practically brothers/sisters.

I obviously own a G, but I have driven a Z before.. The Z deffinetly feels a little more nimble and swift when it comes to handling, and the acceleration right off the line may be slightly quicker, but other than that they are all very very similar when you are behind the wheel. I chose the G35 because of the backseat and I do like the looks slightly better, but if I didnt need a backseat, I would take a 350Z any day. I love the 350 and the G35! Id love to have a convertable 350 to go along with my G coupe

Old 07-04-2005, 07:25 PM
mrb
Hostility? Bwahahaa. Like I give 2 ***** what others drive. Drive a Yugo for all I care. You can even tell me it'll smoke a G, awesome!

Old 07-04-2005, 07:44 PM
they are basically the same car...like everyone has said.

i do think the z is a little quicker but I got a G because i thought it looked a little better..

for the z bashers...what the hell are u talking..i admire a z when i see it on the freeway just as much as i admire the g. get off your high horse

Old 07-04-2005, 08:16 PM
stock to stock Z is slightly faster than the G off the line in a straight away just because Z is few hundred pounds lighter than the G. But on the track G out performs Z. This is due to i guess better tires on the G and better weight distribution for G compared to Z. raced Z on the highway and we were pretty much neck to neck. IMO, Z is more of a weekend car where as G is more of everday car.

Old 07-04-2005, 10:46 PM
Gangster Member
Originally Posted by KAHBOOM
The Z is more tossable. The G holds a line better in the corners- more stable in the turns. This is not only because of the tires but because of the longer wheelbase. The Z would be easier to recover out of losing your rear end, but in the G it is harder to lose your rear end.
you dont know what your talking about the Z handles better period, what kind of non sense is that, why would a luxury sports coupe handle better than whats considerd a sports car for the same company

Old 07-04-2005, 11:02 PM
Originally Posted by TheGest
you dont know what your talking about the Z handles better period, what kind of non sense is that, why would a luxury sports coupe handle better than whats considerd a sports car for the same company
what are you talking about, the G is up there at handling with the m3..

Old 07-04-2005, 11:19 PM
Gangster Member
Originally Posted by player
what are you talking about, the G is up there at handling with the m3..
hahaha dont make me laugh g35 handling up there with the M3, this thing is heavy and really high off the ground especially on the 19s, if you drive other cars like the rx-8, m3, s2k, you notice they hug the road much better, maybe if you drop it might handle better but the stock suspension is no good. I came for a Lude SH, that would eait this car in handling.

Old 07-04-2005, 11:37 PM
hahaha dont make me laugh g35 handling up there with the M3, this thing is heavy and really high off the ground especially on the 19s, if you drive other cars like the rx-8, m3, s2k, you notice they hug the road much better, maybe if you drop it might handle better but the stock suspension is no good. I came for a Lude SH, that would eait this car in handling.
thats what the skidpad says

Old 07-04-2005, 11:45 PM
Gangster Member
thats what the skidpad says
i dont know bout skidpad, drive the cars for yourself, thats all im sayin, skidpad can say alot of things, you dont judge the cars handling by skidpad. weight, height, tire size, all play a big role, suspension stiffness, all play a role in how well the car is going to hug the road

Old 07-04-2005, 11:46 PM
i dont know bout skidpad, drive the cars for yourself, thats all im sayin, skidpad can say alot of things, you dont judge the cars handling by skidpad. weight, height, tire size, all play a big role, suspension stiffness, all play a role in how well the car is going to hug the road
i agree, but the G is up there, trust me

Old 07-04-2005, 11:50 PM
my friend have 05 m3 and i drove the thing. it's fast as hell but it doesn't handle as nice as the G in my opinion. i've seen many clips of professional drivers on the track and i've seen G35 up there with m3 even though m3 can walk G35 on the straight aways(which means G35 makes up ground on corners).
i've never driven the Z but i've seen clips where Z's struggle to keep up with G on the track(again, professional drivers).

Old 07-05-2005, 12:43 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Let me try to give me 2 cents here...

Well, i guess everyone talks about handling here..
So let's compare between the Z and G..and let's not touch the M3 part here..

1) Z is a few hundred pounds less than the G
2) G has a longer wheelbase than the Z
3) G has a better weight distribution than the Z
4) Z has a slightly lower centre of gravity (CG) than that of the G
5) Body roll is less in the Z because of the less weight factor and the strut bar.
6) Z has a slightly better suspension..in terms of cornering..

However, when come to track results... the Z and the G have almost the same lap time...in terms of tracks..not drag tracks...

Hope this helps..

But when it comes to track uses....people should really go for S2k...or RX-8...
but i think the Rx-8 rotatry engine isn't that durable for FI uses....without considerable amount of engine rework.

Old 07-05-2005, 12:45 AM
Gangster Member
i agree, but the G is up there, trust me
i believe you, but some reason it just doesnt seem like a great handling car to me, maybe im just to use to my dropped Lude on Koni Shocks, im planning to get TEIN FLEX W EDFC, I will update on the handling

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Differences between the G and 350Z