G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Differences between the G and 350Z

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2005 | 01:03 AM
Originally Posted by TheGest
hahaha dont make me laugh g35 handling up there with the M3, this thing is heavy and really high off the ground especially on the 19s, if you drive other cars like the rx-8, m3, s2k, you notice they hug the road much better, maybe if you drop it might handle better but the stock suspension is no good. I came for a Lude SH, that would eait this car in handling.
Concerning your Prelude handling better, I think what you are feeling is the difference in weight. You are coming from a lighter, not to mention front wheel drive car. I felt the same way coming from a GST eclipse. It's just so light, and very easy to whip as compaired to the G35. However.. the stock sports suspension package on the G is waaaay better than the eclipse and the prelude.

I'm pretty sure a stock Prelude couldn't handle a corner at 135 and feel as stable as the G35. You can't expect to drive the G the same way you drove your Prelude. Front wheel drive cars are more forgiving.

Last edited by ghost30; 07-05-2005 at 01:06 AM.
Old 07-05-2005 | 01:38 AM
I'm gonna have to agree with Ghost on this one, I just sold my Prelude SH a few months ago, and althought it could take turns with the best of them, I don't think it's in the same class as the G. It's definitely takes some getting used to, going from FWD to a RWD car, especially with the power difference.

Old 07-05-2005 | 02:34 AM
Gangster Member
Originally Posted by Repsol
I'm gonna have to agree with Ghost on this one, I just sold my Prelude SH a few months ago, and althought it could take turns with the best of them, I don't think it's in the same class as the G. It's definitely takes some getting used to, going from FWD to a RWD car, especially with the power difference.
well my lude was dropped konis and h&rs, thats why it was so good, plus yea it felt definitly more nimble and light, i just need to drop my G on some good coilovers and ill be happy

Old 07-05-2005 | 02:42 AM
I drove 99 Prelude before coupe and sedan but you can't do much with those 205/50/16's. Unless you are accelerating on the turns, FW or RW does not make too much of a difference. And as far as how sporty G or Z is, they are both sporier than Solara but now really a pure sport. If you really want a pure sport with good handling, get RX8 or S2000. I got my coupe because I want a style, not a race car. But between G and the Z, Z has shorter overhangs and much lower body and center weight. Z has more potential.

Old 07-05-2005 | 02:54 AM
umm M3 *shrugs*

Old 07-05-2005 | 03:01 AM
ZZ Boy
Originally Posted by Finiti35
Who told you that? If you look at the Z VIN, it starts with an JN just like the G. The Z and Murano are made in Japan...
+1

I was debating that while ago also.

I originally bought Chrome Silver 350Z Touring and after getting 3 trannies replaced, I got Nissan to buy back my Z.

After that I was debating whether to get the Z again or G35 coupe.

One day , I saw a pic of Pike Peak White 350Z roadster with Frost White Leather interior and I fell in love, so I end up getting the PPW Z Roadster w/ Frost White leather interior.

350Z and G35 coupes are very similar car as far as performance, ride & etc.

They are both great cars.

I personally think that 350Z looks more sporty than the G35 coupe but G35 Coupe is more luxurious.

Here is what it boils down to.

If you want a cars thats more sporty go with Z.

If you want a car thats more luxurious and more room, go with G35 coupe.

You should go drive both cars back to back. You will notice lots of similarity and some difference.

I love my Z. I really get lots of compliments. The only complaint I have about the Z is, there is no room. Especially when you go grocery shopping.

Thats why I end up getting a second car (Lexus SC430).

It really boils down to you preference.

GOOD LUCK

Old 07-05-2005 | 03:09 AM
hahaha dont make me laugh g35 handling up there with the M3, this thing is heavy and really high off the ground especially on the 19s, if you drive other cars like the rx-8, m3, s2k, you notice they hug the road much better.

BTW ,Considering the fact that I had both an M3 and G35 at the same time I would would say I like the handling in My G better then My E46 M3 which had a lighter feel in the steering and according to some mags that I've read the M3 pulls 0.91G's in the skidpad where as the the G pulled 0.92 now I know the skidpad results don't mean much but they are really similar and frankly I like the way My G feels better then My M. Now it's my understanding that the 05 M3 Competition package has a more direct steering feel which I have yet to experience but I'm sure it's better then before so Bottom line. YES THE G HANDLES JUST AS WELL OR SLIGHTLY BETTER THEN A M3 STOCK FOR STOCK ESPECIALLY SINCE THE 04 G WEIGHS 3422 LBS AND THE M3 WEIGHS 3415 LBS A HUGE DIFFERENCE OF 7 LBS BUT i STILL LIKE MY M3 ALOT MORE THEN MY G FOR OTHER REASONS LIKE SMG AND THEY BUILD QUALITY AND SAFTY AND SUCH. SO IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT GET AN M3 COMPETITION.

Old 07-05-2005 | 03:22 AM
Rudeboy, what happened to your M3?

Old 07-05-2005 | 05:10 AM
i was seriously considering to get either 04 350z or 03 g35. am i glad that i got the g35!!! (it was just damn hard to find one tho...) read the 350z forums like my350z.com and you will see 350z has a LOT of problems, esp. the infamous tire feathering. i think g35 will end up being cheaper bc i heard the tires on 350z wont even last over 15,000 mi. (tire feathering will drive you nuts! it gets loud!!!)

Old 07-05-2005 | 05:24 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by Klumzyee
Question: what would I need to out drag a 2005 NON-track 350z 6MT from 0-100mph-ish (or 1/4mile)?

Raced some stock AT Zs before and they get the jump but 05 MTs starts to inch up around 70mph but the Z gets a too far of a jump for me to catch up before the 1/4 is up..

Z-Tube+Pop, lower tire pressure, & pullies be enough?

edit: i dont think a longer version of a 350z would look as good O.o
^^ eh?

Old 07-05-2005 | 07:28 AM
i believe you, but some reason it just doesnt seem like a great handling car to me, maybe im just to use to my dropped Lude on Koni Shocks, im planning to get TEIN FLEX W EDFC, I will update on the handling
well for me, i think the handling is sweet even on stock, but coming from a dropped lude, i dont know how that would feel

im sure once you do the springs on the G, you will be even happier with the handling

Old 07-05-2005 | 08:38 AM
you dont know what your talking about the Z handles better period, what kind of non sense is that, why would a luxury sports coupe handle better than whats considerd a sports car for the same company
Dude you are an idiot; Don't put words in my mouth

#1 Learn to read and understand a post before responding to them
#2 I never said that the G was better handling
#3 You are trying to compare a front wheel drive Lude - give me a it's break not even in the same class.
#4 I stated that the Z is more tossable and the G holds a line better This is clearly evident in the skidpad numbers they speak for themselves. Your info is based on what: Your butt dyno? Then it is true; you are speaking out of your a$$
#5 You are officially ignored and will be added to my sig.

If you watch the best motoring videos, you will see the G handle with and in many cases out-handle many of the cars you mentioned above.

Last edited by KAHBOOM; 07-05-2005 at 09:02 AM.
Old 07-05-2005 | 08:42 AM
i dont know bout skidpad...
case-in-point- you don't know what you are talking about

Last edited by KAHBOOM; 07-05-2005 at 08:48 AM.
Old 07-05-2005 | 09:39 AM
I came for a Lude SH, that would eait this car in handling.
You are kidding right? You actually think your understeer prone Prelude handles better than a solid RWD chassis? Wait a second, weren't you the guy who was complaining about loosing control of your G in a corner because of user induced oversteer?

Old 07-05-2005 | 10:06 AM
mrb
well my lude was dropped konis and h&rs, thats why it was so good, plus yea it felt definitly more nimble and light, i just need to drop my G on some good coilovers and ill be happy
Awesome! Everyone here has been sitting in suspense waiting for your happiness, because we are all genuinely concerned about how you feel about your car's handling

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Differences between the G and 350Z