G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Differences between the G and 350Z

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 02:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Advantages of G over Z for me:

G is better looking, with much better rear end especially- more sophisticated and classier
Smoother ride
Better warranty
Infiniti dealers > Nissan dealers
Safety (larger than a Z)
Better interior
Cheaper to insure than Z
Caribbean Blue owns all other colors

Old 07-05-2005, 02:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TheGest
once again its not about the lude, i drove the 350Z and it felt like it handled and hugged the road much better than the G
Gest... Why in the hell did you by a G35 then? Something tells me that I could out drive this guy..

Old 07-05-2005, 03:05 PM
Wow...didn't expect so much debate. For me, the choice was tough at 1st, but after I drove both, the choice was obvious. G35c looks better, has a back seat, more comfortable ride, bigger trunk, and the status from owning a luxury brand. The Z would've been quite a bit cheaper, faster, and sportier, but then you also have to deal w/a shorter warranty and their infamous service dept!

Old 07-05-2005, 03:10 PM
your the idiot, with your skidpad numbers, im glad im ignorned by you because i dont even want to be in the same forum as you, i drove many many, and this stock one suspension just doesnt feel like a great handling one too me, tell me how many cars you drove, you waste of space
OK with so many replies, my curiosity got the best of me...
TheGest,
Your post is a clear sign of your immaturity. You got owned, chewed up and spit out and so you resort to childish jabbering “I know you are but what am I”. Who cares how many cars I’ve driven. I will say that one of them used to be a Prelude (2 in fact).
You are obviously don't know jack if you think that a Prelude can outhandle a G. I've also driven both a G and a Z and I simply gave you my assessment of each cars handling characteristics based on my experience as well as what I have seen and read by the "experts" without stating that one handles better than the other.
So go ahead get upset that you got owned and tuck your tail between your legs and run!
You obviously don't know how to effectively argue your points or comprehend the point that others are trying to make.

Last edited by KAHBOOM; 07-05-2005 at 03:19 PM.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:19 PM
...and the sig grows.

Old 07-05-2005, 03:40 PM
once again its not about the lude, i drove the 350Z and it felt like it handled and hugged the road much better than the G
No, you wrote:

hahaha dont make me laugh g35 handling up there with the M3, this thing is heavy and really high off the ground especially on the 19s, if you drive other cars like the rx-8, m3, s2k, you notice they hug the road much better, maybe if you drop it might handle better but the stock suspension is no good. I came for a Lude SH, that would eait this car in handling.
This was implying that your Prelude "Own3d all" when it comes to taking corners. I am just trying to figure out how you can say that a modified Prelude could handle better than a stock G35 coupe? I do not think fact will back up this argument.

I do however agree that skidpad numbers are not everything. I like to look at slalom times when it comes to indexing car handling. However, slalom results can be pretty skewed as well. I think the only way to really test comprable cars is to have similar tire/wheel packages, same course, same conditions, test drivers have equal seat time in each vehicle. Otherwise, it can be pretty biased.

Old 07-05-2005, 04:02 PM
well my lude was dropped konis and h&rs, thats why it was so good, plus yea it felt definitly more nimble and light, i just need to drop my G on some good coilovers and ill be happy
I had an 00 s2k, and I had a 97 SH. Stock for stock, I think the s2k handles better than the G35, but the ATTS on the SH wasn't all that. I loved my SH nonetheless. It was my first Brand New car. But the G35 isnt too shabby. In an autocross, my S2k smashes my G35. It's just flat out too heavy I think, but taking it to the edge like that made me realize just how good the suspension and grip on the G35 was. I was just glad I never spun it out.. I never got the chance to drive my SH in an autocross, but I think that it would come out behind the G35. Again, all my cars are and were stock. On a road course, I think the G35 may actually edge out the 2. Definately the Lude, but the s2k would be tough. The G just feels much more stable at speed. On tight courses where you pretty much top out second and bounce off the rev limiter (autocrosses), the weight really holds the G back I think.. It just feels fat.. I'll be taking my G to a road course in a few weeks hopefully and maybe then, I'll see what it can do as far as feel and stability.

Old 07-07-2005, 12:24 PM
Ok, aside from handling and performance, What about problems with both cars? I've heard about the wheel alignment problem with the Z's that make u have to buy new tires around 15,000 miles. What are some significant chronic problems that G owners have been having?

Old 07-08-2005, 12:58 AM
Omega Enthusiast
Originally Posted by neffster
I think it was the quote where you said...

Well, I have both.

Not, my sister owns a Z...
Neffster, funny sh*t. You need to add an "owned" list to your sig.