G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

got speeding ticket vs audi S4

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 05:27 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
I realize that the Law/Traffic System was the ultimate winner in this situation....

But....

Who won the race?

Old 07-05-2005, 05:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hooman6MT
94 on the freeway isn't that bad. it was prob. 181 dollar fine? Just plead not guilty, and change your court date as much as possible, usually 1 or 2 times. But also be aware, cops get paid a minimum of 4 hours of time and a half to go to court. If it's on their day off, then they get double time. So if the cops looking for money, you're screwed. Try to find out his days off, or his police schedule.

Here's what I've done, and it's worked. Call the police station around the same time you got your ticket. Ask them to speak to the officer. Most likely he'll be on the streets. Ask when he'll be back. They usually run 6-8 hour shifts a couple days a week. Tell them you can't call back today or tommorrow, but how bout in 2 days. At that point they should tell you what his schedule is. Now that you have that. You can go to court and pick the court date. Try not to pick his day off, and try to pick the most awkward time around his schedule.

I once got a cop who worked from 7pm to 3 am. M,T,W,Th. So I got a 8am on Thurs. Didn't show. My friend got a ticket from him as well and picked friday at 8am, he did show. (Friday was his day off)

Hope that helps someone, and like mentioned above, the best thing to do is slow down and avoid the tickets, or get a V1 and have some protection.

Hooman

Thats some good advice, thanks I'll take it into consideration if I ever get into trouble

But I dont understand; If the cop doesent show you automatically get off, or get a lesser offense or something?

Last edited by heeb; 07-05-2005 at 05:32 PM.
Old 07-05-2005, 05:32 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
LMAO. Only coulda been better if they arrested you and towed your G away with this:

Old 07-05-2005, 05:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by heeb
Thats some good advice, thanks I'll take it into consideration if I ever get into trouble

But I dont understand; If the cop doesent show you automatically get off, or get a lesser offense or something?
if the cop doesn't show, you win. The cop is the entire case for the state. All the evidence is based on the police officers observations. If he doesn't show then the state has no case. No case means you win.

Hooman

Old 07-05-2005, 05:57 PM
Get a lawyer. They can get you out of everything. I had 3 violations in one shot in Washington State last year and the lawyer got me out of everything... I didn't even have to show up. The 800 bucks it cost me to get a lawyer was well worth the price I saved in insurance rate hikes and all the other bull crap you get when you get a ticket.

WTF is with Washington cops. 3 out of 5 of my speeding tickets have been in Washington yet I only do .01 percent of my yearly driving in Washington. I swear they hate Oregonians. Another one of my tickets was in California but I deserved that one Oregon cops aren't that bad... and I rarely speed anymore.

Also, do everyone a favor and become a member here

Old 07-06-2005, 12:55 PM
Oregon cops aren't that bad... and I rarely speed anymore.

Oregon Cops Suck... why do you think you rarely speed anymore. Everyones so freaked out that they drive 5 mph below the speed limit.

I moved up here from AZ, I was shocked by how slow people drive here.

Old 07-07-2005, 03:08 AM
Where in the world do you live in Oregon lol. In Central Oregon people drive 10-20 over all the time, heck 100 mph is minimum if you head into the really remote parts of Eastern Oregon, I can't wait to head back out there to see how fast this car actually goes! I got my Celica GTS to 135 out there. Perhaps in Albany/Eugene/Corvallis/Salem people drive like turtles but I have a feeling that a lot of that is to blame on our antiquated 55 mph speed limit. You can usually go about 10 over without worrying too much about cops but if you are going 15 over I'd say you are taking a chance. I usually keep to about 8 over nowadays, of course I have been pulled over for speeding roughly 7-8 times now.

The part that gets me is that 4 out of 5 of those tickets were out of state when I've spent 99.99 percent of my driving in Oregon.

My theory: Cops pull over people with out of state plates because they are pretty sure that there is no way that the person will ever come back to the state in a month to fight the ticket... easy money.

My solution: Hire a traffic lawyer. I hired one from Washington to appear for me while I just sat in Oregon, I got a letter a week later telling me that all the charges were dismissed. It cost a pretty penny, but didn't hold a candle to the insurance fees I would have paid over the next 3 years. Insurance sur-charges are evil.

Old 07-07-2005, 03:27 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
if the cop doesn't show, you win. The cop is the entire case for the state. All the evidence is based on the police officers observations. If he doesn't show then the state has no case. No case means you win.
Actually, that must be dependent upon the state. I was in the midwest for a week and spoke to a police officer for quite a while. I was told that it doesn't matter, at least in his area, whether he shows or not. Everything you say to the officer is noted in the copy of the ticket that goes to the courthouse, so the judge has an idea of what happened. If you tell the officer something along the lines of, "I know I was speeding..." in an attempt to either be honest or cooperative (to see if the cop will let you off) and then plead not guilty the judge will wonder why the ticket says you acknowledged your guilt to the officer. You're going to want to check into the laws when it comes to traffic violations, court, and the requirement (or lack thereof) of the police officer to be there.

Old 07-07-2005, 04:16 AM