Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 12:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ZzZzZzZzZzZz

Old 07-06-2005, 12:13 AM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rhythmnblue™
maybe some cop saved your life so you feel like backing them up, but so far not one cop has done a good thing for me except to give me attitude and give me tickets.
A cop's never done anything for you? How about keeping the peace? The fact that you haven't needed a cop is the best proof of all they have done for you.

Are you seriously a grown adult that "hates cops"? And then laughs about it? Do you have any idea what social responsibility is all about?

Forget it. After all these years, respect for authority and the rule of law has obviously yet to sink in, so a few posts from complete strangers is unlikely to provoke little more than indignant responses.

I wish that people like you could "opt out" of police protection and other civil services, then we could all ignore you when you wrap yourself around a tree.

BTW - On that last point, I was obviously being facetious. Just trying to make a point through the absurd.

Old 07-06-2005, 04:21 AM
Originally Posted by sarcasmo
When you get your driver's license you enter into a "contract" stating that you will follow the rules of the public roads when driving on said roads. When you break those rules and are caught doing so you are penalized. Trying to get out of a legitimate traffic fine is like trying to get out of a contract. Wasting the public's money in doing so simply makes the situation that much more detestible.
Following along those lines...

The California Vehicle code, also explicitly defines "driver", as operator of a vehicle, not "registered owner" of a vehicle. Therefore, that would mean any type of violation from a photo type device, would be illegal, because the vehicle code explicitly made clear, who the violator is. (This has already been challenged in the supreme courts in CA, although last I heard, I think it got overturned)

Also, to make these said fines fair/just, they should really go into a general fund, not the police departments coffers. How else do you explain how you get a speeding ticket for doing 38mph in a 35mph zone? (Happened twice)

Also, you should come to Oregon. We have a 24/7 school zones. Kinda silly eh? There are many roads that are 50mph zones, that suddenly turn into a 20mph school zone for a mile or so. And it is enforced 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. So if you go 50 through there, at 3 in the morning on christmas eve, you can and will get a ticket. I've seen cops hide there all the time.

Now I'm not defending the other poster, in his quest to fight his ticket, I"m just stating my opinion. I got a ticket once for accelerating too fast on a freeway on ramp. (On ramp was a stop sign with a 90 degree turn, onto a freeway, with no acceleration lane). You really have to floor it and pray, but I guess technically that's illegal

Last edited by avs007; 07-06-2005 at 04:24 AM.
Old 07-06-2005, 06:06 AM
To make you feel a little better my buddy got 101 in a 50 on the 4th! OUCH! CBR 1000 RR!!!

Old 07-06-2005, 09:16 AM
Originally Posted by hensta
Yawn, I'm older than dirt, I make $24,000 a year, my highschool gave me as scholarship to just leave, the only thing I have of value is my gold tooth (and that's my reitirement), and I'm dumber than all of you. So please let this post die...
Sweetheart, is that you?

Old 07-06-2005, 12:02 PM
This thread is going nowhere fast. Listen, everyone has their opinion on traffic citations. Accountability is definitely at play. As well as knowing your rights to fight the charge.

In my opinion, its a "if you can't to the crime then don't do the time" issue. But that's my opinion.

It think at this point we can all agree to disagree.