G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Imagining Dents!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 12:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Imagining Dents!

I have what it seems a dent on the driver's side rear quarter panel right along the lines and below the small glass window. However, today at the dealership I noticed that all other coupes on the lot and even the coupes being serviced had this same kind of "dent" on the same location as mine. The difference is more pronounced on older and dark color cars , but can be seen in light color coupes as well. Has anyone else noticed any "dent" on the same location like the one mentioned above on their coupes or did I just happen to check coupes with dents on them? could it be weld point???

Old 07-09-2005, 01:26 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
K good, I've noticed it too and quickly went into a slight depression but am ok, but since you've taken the time to point it out...IM FRIGGEN relieved .

Old 07-09-2005, 09:33 AM
Exactly the same imaginary dent, exactly the same spot on my 2005 Lakeshore Blue G.

Old 07-09-2005, 10:12 AM
Wow. Same thing here, allthough I am hoping its the same thing you guys are referring to.. Its ONLY noticeable under extremely close inspection, and in the right lighting, and even still I cant point it out to some people.

While this could lead to some sort of conspiracy, unfortunately we all fall victim to rear doors hitting our cars

Old 07-09-2005, 11:15 AM
I have it too but on the passenger side!! I can onlyl notice it in certain lighting and with me moving my head back and forth on different angles. A friend of mine pointed it out. You can't see it head on. You really have to be moving your head around to see it. So I'm not worried.

Old 07-09-2005, 12:25 PM
Maybe one of the little tricks Infiniti uses to keep the drag to a minimum ?

Old 07-09-2005, 12:40 PM
Thought I Was Going Crazy

When I washed my car last weekend I noticed the exact same dent, except on the passenger side of my 05 coupe. You only notice it under the right lighting conditions (i.e. direct sunlight) and when viewed at an angle. Since I'm pretty paranoid about not parking next to trucks and SUVs, I couldn't imagine how I got a door ding that high up and that far back. Thought I was losing my mind! Thanks for the post to confirm I'm not crazy... or alternatively we're all crazy. Either way, it's a relief.

Old 07-10-2005, 05:51 PM
Thanks guys, it's good to know that we are not crazy! I was even close to call Dent Wizard, but knowing that it seems all of the coupes have this "imaginary dent" i feel a bit better now. Oh yes, it is hard to notice and it has to be at a certain angle. Of course, you know it is there. Maybe it is a weld point as a friend point it out.

Old 07-10-2005, 05:56 PM
Yup count me in on that.. Same spot, same size.

Old 07-10-2005, 07:32 PM
Have you guys noticed a 'ripple' effect on the painted piece immediately above our main passenger and driver's side windows? It curves with the window. Anyway, I had a panic attack when I glanced up from waxing my fender and saw what looked to be a couple of dents on that piece in between the roof and the window. then I changed the angle and found that there are a series of perfectly proportionate 'ripples' along both sides. Weird. Can't see it unless you're at certain angles.

Old 07-10-2005, 07:44 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't have any ripples on mine...

Old 07-10-2005, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan
I don't have any ripples on mine...
Look closer. Every G I've seen has them including the ones at the dealer. Has to be at a certain angle under certain lighting otherwise they look good as new.

Old 07-10-2005, 08:44 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Maybe it's only on the 05's?

I looked at the car from several angles (I do PDR myself) but
couldn't see and noticable ripples... especially not the kind
that would put me into depression like some of us here.

I noticed the poor paint job before.

Old 07-10-2005, 09:00 PM
yeah, I saw that one day too. Thought I was being paranoid b/c I thot it was a hail ding of some sort lol.

Old 07-10-2005, 10:05 PM
Wow. I dont think has ever been discussed before. I guess many people just kept quiet about this dent for a while.

I dont know, maybe its something that a large number of G35s have from some processes from when the G35 is made and shipped?

Its either that, or we are just victims of people with sedan or SUV's rear doors opening into our cars. Its almost scary when you think about it, how many kids just swing open the door as hard as they can, and how many times it just hits the car. If you look at where the damage is it makes perfect sense that the back door of other vehicles were slammed into our cars.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Imagining Dents!