G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Just noticed the creative autoworks banner..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SLVRG35
I'm not sure, but look in the window and you'll see green grass from the background.
You know . . . I think you have a good point. Great observation . . . I do believe you are correct. You can see some green beyond the passenger side window, which might be the grass.

Old 07-18-2005, 11:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just noticed, but the g in the ad seems to have its windows down, causing the green in the background to be richer than the one in your own (which is a pretty damn nice shot you took by the way), and the reflection off of the driver side rear window in the banner looks like that of some clouds, while in yours there's almost no reflection.

but then again, all that could be photoshopped and it could be your car indeed.

lovin your car dude.

Old 07-18-2005, 11:03 AM
I guess when the new Deeps come we can expect a very large picture post right?!?!

Old 07-18-2005, 11:13 AM
Man with green rock in Vortech
I am about 110% sure it is my car.. Are there any other G35's with full (non molded) ings+1 kits in diamond graphite with black faced wheels and brembos? And the same green grass in the window? haha.

Do we want a large picture post when the new wheels come in?

Old 07-18-2005, 11:29 AM
beautiful car. What mods do you have?

Old 07-18-2005, 11:51 AM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
your car has just inspired me to order mine wing-less... its awesome

Old 07-18-2005, 11:53 AM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by turbomaxima
Thanks randy, right back at you. I think my new wheels will completely change the look of the car.

Hows the vortech treating you? I actually had one sitting in my garage before I bought my car but after hearing some of the horror stories on my350z.com, I quickly sold the unit. I figured I would just wait until I buy a new car next summer and make sure it's 300-400hp out of the box (or at least has an engine that is somewhat more boost friendly). I kind of regret selling it because I love boost, but in the long run I would rather not have to be wrenching every weekend just to have an extra 100hp.
Thanks for the props. The Vortech is treating me GREAT! Been on for 11,000 miles and NO problems at all. Are you sure the threads you were reading on my350z petained to the Vortech SC and not the ATI? I haven't heard of one blown motor with the Vortech. I've heard of one fried ring incident, but the owner said it was his fault cuz he tuned it too lean on the top end. I'n very happy with my power and it's way more than 100+ ponies. More like 160-190+. The base start with 280 crank hp and I'm getting close to 400 to the wheels with my current (SoCal) tune which equates to around 450-470 at the crank.

Old 07-18-2005, 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by GreekDeno_AWOTGM
beautiful car. What mods do you have?
Not a ton of stuff; First set of 20" DPE's made, first imported set of JIC FLTA2's, first imported authentic INGS+1 customized bodykit (after a terrible experience with a replica), SPC toe bolt kit, full Kinetix front and rear camber kits, good ole clear bra (custom cut for INGS+1 kit) and suede interior (every piece that was tan, is now wrapped in graphite suede). I still have a damn grounding gear (8+1) kit in my garage that has never been used, if anyone wants it let me know. I just bought a whole bunch of stuff when it first came out and was content after that.

Originally Posted by Randys_G
Thanks for the props. The Vortech is treating me GREAT! Been on for 11,000 miles and NO problems at all. Are you sure the threads you were reading on my350z petained to the Vortech SC and not the ATI? I haven't heard of one blown motor with the Vortech. I've heard of one fried ring incident, but the owner said it was his fault cuz he tuned it too lean on the top end. I'n very happy with my power and it's way more than 100+ ponies. More like 160-190+. The base start with 280 crank hp and I'm getting close to 400 to the wheels with my current (SoCal) tune which equates to around 450-470 at the crank.
There-in lies the big issue, I don't have a reputable tuner within 200 miles. I have faith that I could install everything myself and learn from others mistakes, but I really don't want to have to deal with the hassle of getting my car shipped/towed to a tuning shop. I haven't hurt of many motor issues, only people having bolts come loose, belts come off and lots of squealing and rattling.

My last car (per my forum name) took a ton of work to get perfect, but I honestly never had a problem with the turbo setup. I went through a handful of axles and tires, but that is all par with the course. If I knew that I could order the Vortech, slap it on in a weekend and drive the car with only having to inspect the engine bay once a month or so, I would buy the kit again. I also barely drive the car, so the Vortech wouldn't take that much abuse; I have 5100 miles on the car and it just turned a year old.

Old 07-18-2005, 05:42 PM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
Originally Posted by eddwin
just noticed, but the g in the ad seems to have its windows down, causing the green in the background to be richer than the one in your own (which is a pretty damn nice shot you took by the way), and the reflection off of the driver side rear window in the banner looks like that of some clouds, while in yours there's almost no reflection.

but then again, all that could be photoshopped and it could be your car indeed.
I agree. The G in the banner has it's driver's window down and the reflections on the trunk and hood do not match at all. I do think they are the same car but not the same pic that turbo posted. Could it be a different pic from the same series???

Old 07-18-2005, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by skeleton_cru
I agree. The G in the banner has it's driver's window down and the reflections on the trunk and hood do not match at all. I do think they are the same car but not the same pic that turbo posted. Could it be a different pic from the same series???
It's the same picture.. the window isn't down in that picture, it's just leveled or sharpened. I don't have window tint, so it's easy for an image to look as though it is down. Reflections can easily be created by pour optimization as well.

Old 07-19-2005, 06:08 AM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
It's the same picture.. the window isn't down in that picture, it's just leveled or sharpened. I don't have window tint, so it's easy for an image to look as though it is down. Reflections can easily be created by pour optimization as well.
This is getting to be like a picture of Bigfoot or the Loch Ness Monster!

Old 07-19-2005, 08:22 AM
Originally Posted by skeleton_cru
This is getting to be like a picture of Bigfoot or the Loch Ness Monster!
my car could resemble a mythical beast in the correct lighting.. haha.

Old 07-19-2005, 10:52 AM
How is your dealer w/ regard to mods and instailling this kind of stuff? Last time I was in the guy was showing me camera phone pics of a TT setup they just installed.

Old 07-19-2005, 11:36 AM
Originally Posted by GreekDeno_AWOTGM
How is your dealer w/ regard to mods and instailling this kind of stuff? Last time I was in the guy was showing me camera phone pics of a TT setup they just installed.
If you are asking me.. Atlantic Infiniti (in Jacksonville) is probably the most useless dealership in the history of dealerships; and that's just with service.

Old 07-23-2005, 03:23 PM
Turbo, do you have any recommendations on good tuners in JAX? I'm new to the area. A friend recommended Stage 6 Motorsports.

If you are asking me.. Atlantic Infiniti (in Jacksonville) is probably the most useless dealership in the history of dealerships; and that's just with service.