G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Tint jobs?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 01:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Definitely have it redone. Hairs in the tint...that's not cool.

I just got mine done last week. I went 35% all around. I went to the same place the dealer takes their cars to get done. I havn't had time to thouroughly inspect the work, but...

The side windows seem to be very well done. As for the rear...
Above the dot matrix, in the lower corners, there are a lot of tiny bubbles in big clusters. Also, it doesn't look so go in some areas where there is the dot matrix. I don't really have a big issue about the areas not perfect over the dot matrix but the hundreds of tiny bubbles in the bottom corners...I don't know.

I imagine it is very hard to tint the rear window, so I am wondering if I should just accept it because if I got it redone it would turn out the same, or if I should have it redone because many people have had success in tinting the rear window without many flaws.

Please let me know what you guys think.

Old 07-19-2005, 02:27 AM
Originally Posted by smokedhen
every time I bring my car in to have it redone, there's a risk that those **** ty dealers scratch my car. This is the main reason I am trying to live with the small scratch in place of the hair.

As for the rear window, if it wasn't for the risk of damaging my radio, I would redo the tint in a heart beat.
If they mess up the radio, it's their fault? Definately get the tint redone if there's hair in it. As far as the dot matrix, you can have them put a black vinyl, but that looks ugly when you're looking at your rear view mirror. Some tint shops also use a special adhesive, which make the tint stick more over the dot matrix.. but my tint shop said that they too have that special adhesive, but it will eventually start to 'drip' and make a mess after 1-2 years.. If you don't mind getting it redone every so often, go that route.

Goodluck,
Jeff

Old 07-19-2005, 02:40 AM
I'm getting my tint redone tomorrow mornigng. I have it for 2 weeks and there are small bubbles on every single window. My leather is stone so I don't want my car being dirty either. If it's possible, I wanna live with not having to go through the trouble. I don't expect a perfect job either. But my rear glass is the worst, especially the dot matrix part. I'm kinda freakin out to have them do it again because they might mess up my defroster.