G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Pink

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 09:06 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Originally Posted by clinty
Thanx. Now I have to figure out how to change the bulbs .

$65 plus shipping!!!
It's not that bad, but not like that old Chevy either.

Jack up the front of the car and turn the wheel in as far as it will go. (I took my wheel off, it made much more room to work.) Take out the inner fender splash guard (3 plastic snap rivets, one screw, 4 or 5 10mm bolts) and you will see the back of the light housing. The top one is the HID low beams, the next one down is the High/Fog assembly. Grab the cover that the two wires are coming out of and give it a stiff twist to the left. It will come off and fall back about 4 inches. Pull the three wire socket off the back of the bulb and let the whole thing hang down beside the housing. Reach in and feel the top of the bulb, you will feel two little stainless steel wire loops about a 1/2" apart. Squeeze them together and pull back (don't worry, the wire is hinged to the reflector.) Grab the bulb by the blades and pull it out. DO NOT TOUCH THE BULB GLASS!!! Finger prints will make a "hot spot" on the bulb and blow it out prematurely. (If you do touch it, wipe it off with some alcohol) Re-assemble in reverse order.

Old 07-21-2005, 09:18 PM
THE BATMOBILE
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think i just threw up in my mouth

Old 07-22-2005, 03:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How about the tail lights? I am also thinking of change the turn signals to LED's.
I did that and looks great, ordered a set off ebay, bright red. They match the brake LED's exactly. Just don't forget to order a set of load resistors and wire them at the light to keep your turn signals from going into hyper blink.

Here's a link to the ones, they use LED's on the sides too, which helps send more light to the reflector instead of straight out the front of the bulb....

ebay