G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Remote start. anyone have?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2005 | 02:48 AM
|
Remote start. anyone have?

Hi my birthday is coming up soon, and I was thinking of using the money to buy a Remote Start Mod. What do you guys think? Should I do it? Any probems/suggestions?

Btw, my budget is around 300 dollars and I have an automatic '05. Any recommendations?

Will there be a lot of cutting into the car? I don't know anything about this stuff.

Old 07-23-2005 | 02:54 AM
Gangster Member
I got it, i like it

Old 07-23-2005 | 03:00 AM
is there a way to add remote start on to the stock alarm? with out buying a whole new alarm?

Old 07-23-2005 | 03:09 AM
Love the remote start...especially lately with the heat....hoping into the A/C'ed G-ride with the engine on and seeing everyone looking if there is a midget behind the wheel they can't see....just love it!

Old 07-23-2005 | 03:17 AM
Gangster Member
Originally Posted by gizsf
Love the remote start...especially lately with the heat....hoping into the A/C'ed G-ride with the engine on and seeing everyone looking if there is a midget behind the wheel they can't see....just love it!
thats me

Old 07-23-2005 | 03:34 AM
any of you got links to the remote? where you brought it from? or does infiniti offer this? i really want this....

Old 07-23-2005 | 04:02 AM
Gangster Member
i just sold my only one

Old 07-23-2005 | 04:46 AM
Originally Posted by smellyg35
is there a way to add remote start on to the stock alarm? with out buying a whole new alarm?
I think I have a couple add-on's that will work with the OEM remote. Just keep in mind you'll only have the range to start it that you currently have to lock/unlock doors. You can start the car by pressing the lock button on the remote 2x. If your interested I'll see if I can find them. They'll be new & never used. You'll also need a bypass for the transponder. Let me know if your interested.

Old 07-23-2005 | 05:06 AM
well i installed couple of alarms in different cars, its really not that hard to put in remote start u will have to splice 6 ignition wires, 1 to the brake, 1 to the neutral position sensor, 1 wire to the the remote switch, and a tach wire ip in your key so u might need to get a bypass module more wires.. or u can leave ur key around the ignition area inside the stearing column or something. i learned all this stuff on my cars, its really not that hard. i think thats the all the wires just for remote start.

BTW my friend is selling a clifford matrix 3.5 matrix 2 way alarm brand new never opened. he is selling it for 280. in oakland. in email me at jayayssohn@comcast.net if u are interested.

Old 07-23-2005 | 10:23 AM
Banned
The hardest part of an aftermarket installation is hooking the door locks/factory disarm up. The remote start part is fairly simple, and straight forward. In fact, you can find all your wires INSIDE the car - hood pin is at the bcm and tach is at the ecu. However, to properly remote start the car you will need to disarm the factory security system first, meaning you will have to run two wires in to the drivers door. The only way to do this is to drill out the factory harnesses that run in the doors. The main drawback to this is that your BCM is right underneath the drivers side door harness where you will have to drill. Once you break the watertight seal you will void all sorts of warranties! If your BCM gets wet and quits working you will pretty much be screwed. I haven't heard of any BCM problems, but I do know that several people damaged their ECU by drilling holes above it.

The only other tricky thing is that the G35 has two separate starter wires that need to be energized. This can be done by using a relay, no big deal, but its different then most other cars.

Old 07-23-2005 | 11:02 AM
I'm thinking about getting the full Viper security system with remote start... any good?

I feel so much better about getting the remote start with an automatic... =P

Last edited by visualfusion; 07-23-2005 at 11:07 AM.
Old 07-23-2005 | 11:58 AM
Banned
The Viper line is great as long as you don't get the 2 way. The 2 way Viper leaves a lot to be desired, but the one way systems are the best on the market.

Old 07-23-2005 | 01:48 PM
|
"The hardest part of an aftermarket installation is hooking the door locks/factory disarm up. The remote start part is fairly simple, and straight forward. In fact, you can find all your wires INSIDE the car - hood pin is at the bcm and tach is at the ecu. However, to properly remote start the car you will need to disarm the factory security system first, meaning you will have to run two wires in to the drivers door. The only way to do this is to drill out the factory harnesses that run in the doors. The main drawback to this is that your BCM is right underneath the drivers side door harness where you will have to drill. Once you break the watertight seal you will void all sorts of warranties! If your BCM gets wet and quits working you will pretty much be screwed. I haven't heard of any BCM problems, but I do know that several people damaged their ECU by drilling holes above it.

The only other tricky thing is that the G35 has two separate starter wires that need to be energized. This can be done by using a relay, no big deal, but its different then most other cars."

Thanks for the information. Sounds pretty scary. I don't want to void any warranty, or damage anything. I already feel bad for cutting into the car.

Old 07-23-2005 | 03:33 PM
Banned
Don't feel bad splicing in to the wires, its something that all alarms have to do. Just make sure you take your car to a shop that will stand behind their work and are properly insured

Old 07-23-2005 | 03:59 PM
Try www.uscaraudio.com, it is my friends business and as long as I know this alarms sell really fast.

Here is the link for the alarm. http://uscaraudio.com/cgi-bin/usstor...%20Electronics

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Remote start. anyone have?