G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Whats ur opinion on rebadging to Nissan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2003, 05:20 PM
G SQUAD
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Whats ur opinion on rebadging to Nissan

That's kinda funny....last time I was in a Nissan dealership, I saw people buying Z's. When I was in my Infiniti dealership, I saw people buying G's.

I guess our warranty, road side assistance, loaner cars, INFINITI BADGES and such are just Nissan stuff, eh?

We're not saying that Nissan and Infiniti are completely separate entities, we're saying that in North America, there is no damn Skyline. Get that through your head. NO SKYLINES IN AMERICA. I don't care what they're called in Japan, WE LIVE IN AMERICA. Like I said before, do with your cars as you please, but degrading them into Nissans just doesn't make ANY sense.

And for those of you out there wondering, YES, I do take the Infiniti name to be more prestigious. Take some pride in what you bought. (Which is NOT a Nissan.)

03.5 6spd DG/G aero pk/kit
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

Old 06-23-2003, 05:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I'm gonna stop because I think my sig. is starting to precede me...

- Don't argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.=P-

Old 06-23-2003, 06:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OOOOOOoooohhhhh.... I just got moated dude!?!?! Good one there pal... =P

- Don't argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.=P-

Old 06-23-2003, 07:10 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club

Ray, no one here is saying our cars are not products of Nissan Motor Corp. Everyone here ought to know that. One simple question:

Why would you put Skyline emblems on? What is the purpose? Its pretty obvious to me what the purpose is. Thats to make some connection to a Skyline GTR, so people will think your G35 is somehow cooler then it is. Funny thing is, and most people familiar with Nissan know, that your G35 is in NO way linked to a GTR, so why attemp to give that impression? One word: RICE. The subject line reads, "Re: Whats ur opinion on rebadging to Nissan". Well, this is our opinion. Last time I checked, I was in the good ol' U.S. of A.

BTW, the TR in G35TR, are actually my initials. Before I got the G, I had a Maxima, and yes, then I used the name MaxTR. What is it assuming can do to you...? Hmmm, oh well.

Old 06-23-2003, 07:42 PM
G SQUAD

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

I think I'm gonna stop because I think my sig. is starting to precede me...

<hr></blockquote>

Coming from a guy who bought a G35, yet named himself 350GT....

03.5 6spd DG/G aero pk/kit
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

Old 06-23-2003, 08:12 PM

For those saying that skylines are right hand drive only, the ones i see in hong kong are all left hand drive...and for those who are in denial that this car is a skyline, just type Skyline 350gt in google.com or somthin and see what car pics come up...also, if u plan on getting a giala kit, nismo exhaust or any other aftermarket part made in japan for your g35...guess what...they were designed and made for the Nissan SKYLINE 350gt

hometown.aol.com/v35skylinepnoy
Sactown Cali

Old 06-23-2003, 08:22 PM

OOPZ not in hong kong, i meant europe, outside london

hometown.aol.com/v35skylinepnoy
Sactown Cali

Old 06-23-2003, 08:33 PM

I've been thinking of doing it. But, only changing the G35 to the 350GT name. Leaving everything else alone. The only reason I would do this is rather snobish. The G35 Logo is on both the sedan and the coupe. I don't have the sedan, don't want to be associated with it. If they called the coupe the C35, that would have been OK. But I dislike having to share the model name of my car with a 4 door sedan, no matter what it's credentials are. But, that's just me.

Lou

Old 06-24-2003, 02:27 AM

i dont see anythign wrong with the badging, as long as your willing to admit your car isnt a JDM skyline.
if your gonna put nissan on the back thought, you better change EVERYTHING, i wouldnt mind just skyline 350GT the red GT looks nice with the silver, but dumbasses arent gonna understand the difference between skyline and GTR so you BETTER have the power to backup the skyline name.

as for LHD in england, that makes no sense england has RHD cars, the reason theres very few RHD GTR conversions is that the 2nd turbo is in the way of making it LHD.

-moooooo

Old 06-24-2003, 10:46 AM

All or nothing, period. I accept no flexibility here. There is no such thing as an Infiniti Skyline. If you want a Skyline, then it's a Nissan. Deal with it. If you want a G35 then it is an Infiniti. Deal with it.

I look at it this way. Even if your "G" has "Skyline" on it, it is not the GT-R. So either way, you're just posing. Besides, 99.9% of the public has no clue what a Skyline is. Owning a G35 is supporing the brand. You should be proud of it. How will brand equity be built, if all G owners rebadged to Skyline? Building brand equity is the only way our Gs will ever maintain resale value. Be a part of it. Don't rebadge.

BTW, is it confirmed that the Infiniti symbol is Mt. Fuji? I've never heard that before. I thought I heard when the Infiniti brand was first introduced that it is a road going off into the horizon or Infiniti...

g35doman
'03.5 5AS, BS/G, Leather, Sport, 32%, Klasse

Old 06-24-2003, 11:23 AM

Personally the only opinion that counts is YOURS!!!!!!!!........chances are, I nor most of the people on this forum will ever meet you. I don't know you, and what does my opinion count with you? Do you really care what all of us think or we care what you think? NO! Is our opinions going to ultimitally make your choice for you? NO! And that goes for everybody on here.......Personally I have tons of respect for everyone on this forum for selecting and purchasing such an awesome machine......G35 or SKYLINE, to each is own! Bro, do what you like and only what you think looks good. But on the other hand, if you do care what all of us think, or at least a select few, then do not change anything. B/c nobody will look down on you if you keep it stock. Just my .02............
MASTERSR6

Old 06-24-2003, 11:44 AM

Actually our cars aren't Nissans at all.

They're Renaults!

G35 6MT/DG/Fully Loaded

Old 06-24-2003, 12:10 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club

LOL. Good call!! May we can all put Renault badges on our cars now.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Whats ur opinion on rebadging to Nissan