G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Whats ur opinion on rebadging to Nissan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2003, 07:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Whats ur opinion on rebadging to Nissan

i would not
simply cuz i like it ont eh back but then i think that the interior logos and the front emblem on the grill should also be changed...if ur gonna change one thing..make them all match...pick one or the other..not both..

Old 07-02-2003, 04:39 PM

You take the best from both worlds. Leave the Infiniti front and back badges. Replace I N F I N I T I with S K Y L I N E. And swap out 350GT for G35. And presto your not only classy but sporty and unique. Thts what I did and "I" like it. Do what "YOU" want. It's "YOUR' ride and not ours. Peace.
p.s. clear corners help alot with certain colors.

G35C
White/Willow
All

Old 07-02-2003, 05:24 PM

I think the previous poster's idea is a good compromise...

However, I have to agree that in this part of the world (North America) replacing Infiniti with Nissan is really stupid.

Old 02-22-2005, 03:13 AM
Cali Event Coordinator
BASE ACURA TLX NOW WANT A G35 AGAIN THOUGH
NISSAN SKYLINE aka INFINITI G35 -

If you live in Japan and want to buy a G35, you will have to go to a NISSAN DEALER in JAPAN and purchase our car the INFINITI G35 (north america / canada) as a NISSAN SKYLINE.

It's not "STUPID" to switch the NISSAN emblem. If you're educated and informed and have the facts, you shouldn't have any problems explaining to people that NISSAN = INFINITI.

There have been so many posts already regarding this issue. It's personal preference!

Have fun.

BoBs

Old 02-22-2005, 03:28 AM
the car can be a G35 or a Skyline because it is both. the same exact car with same exact everything is a Skyline in Japan. the Skyline badge just looks better IMO. I know all the cars may be similar around the forums, but they sure arent in the city I live in. most Gs are stock with clear corners, and MAYBE some rims. whatever you can do to make your G stand out without making the car ugly is a good thing.

Old 02-22-2005, 03:57 AM
Cali Event Coordinator
For all the people who have anything else to say about our G35's not being a true SKYLINE....Here's proof

If you don't have a G35 and come to this forum and badmouth the people who do own one, please go buy yourself your own G35 or have mommy and daddy buy you one.

For those who say the G35 is too cheap....damn playa go buy yourself a 911 TURBO, BENTLEY, SL 55 and spend $50,000.00 - $100,000.00 + That's your preference!
keyword = "PREFERANCE"...!!! It means my personal taste.

I'm a fan of japanese imports and always have been. I know what my car is and what it can do and what it cannot do. It's not a GT-R the last one's made were in 1999. Our G35's is the next generation. The name SKYLINE is a NISSAN heritage!

This is my 2nd G35 / SKYLINE. First one was a sedan.

IF this "EVIDENCE" doesn't prove my point, feel free to call NISSAN MOTOR CORP.

This thread has been tiring and f'n annoying and dumbass people who hate on people like myself with the NISSAN SKYLINE 350GT and NISSAN emblem in the front and NISMO frame on my plate can KISS MY A**...!!! I don't clown on your ride and what you do with it do I...???

It's true, when people are behind the computer, they say what they want and only read what they want...!

Here's a lesson to be learned after all this is said and done:
I have confidence in myself as a person.
As an "adult", I choose to change the badges to NISSAN SKYLINE 350GT because it is my decision to do so...no one else's...!
If you roll up next to me or actually see me in person and go hey is that a real skyline...I'll just ignore you and drive off cause you're wasting my time...!

END OF DISCUSSION -

Attached Thumbnails Whats ur opinion on rebadging to Nissan-sky1.jpeg   Whats ur opinion on rebadging to Nissan-sky2.jpeg   Whats ur opinion on rebadging to Nissan-sky3.jpeg   Whats ur opinion on rebadging to Nissan-skyline1.jpeg   Whats ur opinion on rebadging to Nissan-skyside1.jpeg  

Old 02-22-2005, 04:08 AM
Cali Event Coordinator
And here's a link to nissan japan...

http://www.nissan.co.jp/EN/lineup.html

Another link..."FEEL THE SKYLINE" -

http://skyline2.nissan.co.jp/home.html

Test Drive "SYKLINE" -

http://skyline2.nissan.co.jp/TESTDRIVE/index.html

1st Impressions New Skyline - "video" -

http://skyline2.nissan.co.jp/PERFORM...mpression.html

"Crusing in Sykline - "VIDEO" -

http://skyline2.nissan.co.jp/PERFORM...mpression.html

GOOD NITE!

Attached Thumbnails Whats ur opinion on rebadging to Nissan-skyadjapan1.jpeg  

Last edited by GYAL8R; 02-22-2005 at 04:14 AM.
Old 02-22-2005, 04:16 AM
Cali Event Coordinator
And the "OFFICIAL SKYLINE WEBSITE" -

http://www2.nissan.co.jp/SKYLINE/top.html

Bobby - San Francisco, CA 94122 -

Old 02-22-2005, 04:20 AM
i know its a nissan, but its not a nissan, its a infiniti g35...lets stop fakin' the funk!

Old 02-22-2005, 04:36 AM
Cali Event Coordinator
UGHHHHH -

You people are f'n IDIOTS...Believe what you want to, hear what you want to, but I see the fine print...it says f'n SKYLINE...!!!

Here's some more ads for your enjoyement...

Attached Thumbnails Whats ur opinion on rebadging to Nissan-skyadjapan2.jpeg   Whats ur opinion on rebadging to Nissan-skyadjapan3.jpeg   Whats ur opinion on rebadging to Nissan-skyadjapan4.jpeg   Whats ur opinion on rebadging to Nissan-skyadjapan5.jpeg   Whats ur opinion on rebadging to Nissan-skyadjapan6.jpeg  

Old 02-22-2005, 04:38 AM
Cali Event Coordinator
Originally Posted by IIIMACOY03
i know its a nissan, but its not a nissan, its a infiniti g35...lets stop fakin' the funk!

What kind of a dumba** remark is that?

You know it's a NISSAN but it's not?

LOOK UNDER THE HOOD, THE TRUNK, INSIDE THE DOORS...

NISSAN IS ALL OVER THE FRIGGIN CAR of your G35 and MINE.

Whose' fakin? No one ever said our cars were a GT-R you f'n MORONS ALL OF YOU..!!

Stop fakin the FUNK? - GAWD DAMN KIDS -

Old 02-22-2005, 05:01 AM
Cali Event Coordinator
Hahahaha..this has been fun....don't take what I say too seriously people...!

Good nite =)

Old 02-22-2005, 09:23 AM
haha been like 2 years and people still argue about this... who cares what other people think... its your car, do what you want... i know lots of people also hate the NISMO wing but personally i like it and would get it if i had the cash... i wouldn't change the badges to nissan though... but probably just change the G35 to 350GT...

Old 02-22-2005, 09:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GYAL8R
For all the people who have anything else to say about our G35's not being a true SKYLINE....Here's proof

If you don't have a G35 and come to this forum and badmouth the people who do own one, please go buy yourself your own G35 or have mommy and daddy buy you one.

For those who say the G35 is too cheap....damn playa go buy yourself a 911 TURBO, BENTLEY, SL 55 and spend $50,000.00 - $100,000.00 + That's your preference!
keyword = "PREFERANCE"...!!! It means my personal taste.

I'm a fan of japanese imports and always have been. I know what my car is and what it can do and what it cannot do. It's not a GT-R the last one's made were in 1999. Our G35's is the next generation. The name SKYLINE is a NISSAN heritage!

This is my 2nd G35 / SKYLINE. First one was a sedan.

IF this "EVIDENCE" doesn't prove my point, feel free to call NISSAN MOTOR CORP.

This thread has been tiring and f'n annoying and dumbass people who hate on people like myself with the NISSAN SKYLINE 350GT and NISSAN emblem in the front and NISMO frame on my plate can KISS MY A**...!!! I don't clown on your ride and what you do with it do I...???

It's true, when people are behind the computer, they say what they want and only read what they want...!

Here's a lesson to be learned after all this is said and done:
I have confidence in myself as a person.
As an "adult", I choose to change the badges to NISSAN SKYLINE 350GT because it is my decision to do so...no one else's...!
If you roll up next to me or actually see me in person and go hey is that a real skyline...I'll just ignore you and drive off cause you're wasting my time...!

END OF DISCUSSION -

I'm going to switch to the SKYLINE and 350GT logos, but won't change the Infiniti Mt. Fuji logo for a Nissan hamburger logo. Mt. Fuji is better looking than the hamburger!

Old 02-22-2005, 02:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree that the Infiniti logo looks more elegant, which is precisely why I'm going to rebadge to Nissan.

A lot of our clients might start speculating that they're "payin' dem folks too much munny" if they see me pull up in an Infiniti. Luckily, this same mentality is what will cause them to dismiss the car a little easier when they see a Nissan emblem from a distance.

I do think there is also something to be said for flying the Skyline banner. As was said, it's a name with heritage, just as Corvette is for the USA. For those who love the Skyline and what it represents, rebadging it to an Infiniti was blasphemous. While I understand the marketing move, I still don't have to call it Toby when we all can plainly see that it's still good 'ole Kunta Kinta.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Whats ur opinion on rebadging to Nissan