G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Anyone run against any B5 S4s...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 12:32 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by vstypicals
Lol.. You're comparing the RS4 to the M3? Alright..

not me comparing...autoweek and other magazines are comparing the two. It happens that the RS4 did SLIGHTLY better in some areas, but the M still killed in other areas. Overall the audi won in that competition, but keep in mind thats the old generation M3. When the new one comes out, i say bye bye audi, AGAIN. One thing ive learned, even though the styling is to each his own, BMW does not f#$k around when it comes to performance in an overall aspect. not just straight line. my 2 cents

Old 07-26-2005, 12:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those B5's are very impressive cars...I've been for rides in k04 cars with headers, downpipes and a chip and it was insane...BUT with that being said they are pigs and are a nightmare to work on...

I should know the shop I worked at partime is a audi tuner.....Most of the things that really make power on that car mean you have to pull the motor...And the stupid front axles bolt into the tranny with like 12 allen bolts...

Old 07-26-2005, 01:25 PM
I always thought the RS4 takes off where the S4 leaves off. The B6 S4 is not quite as quick as a M3 at 0 to 60 in 5.2, but most of that is due to AWD launch. The RS4 should be alot better.

Old 07-26-2005, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by papagz
stock its nothing. i killed em when i had a stock 350z. means nothing to me. i think the new S4's are even slower. supposed to do 5.4 0-60 b/c of AWD launch. after that theyre not so fast. i murdered one on the highway. Audi is great n all, but after 130 theyre dead. tranny is also supposed to be not so good from experiences ive had w/ friends...that is what they have said. even tho its a V8 its just too damn heavy. 340hp v8? AWD? should do much better than the times it gives. Now, the new RS4 is coming out...stay clear...M3 competition. (E46) not the new E90's coming out...
Motor trend had the new S4 running a 4.9 to 60 and a 1/4 mile in the mid to low 13s. I think that'll take any stock G without a problem. I have both an auto G and an auto S4 and there is no way the G can hang. The S4 is heavy 3900 LBS but it'll still move.

Old 07-26-2005, 02:53 PM
Originally Posted by Deang35c6
I always thought the RS4 takes off where the S4 leaves off. The B6 S4 is not quite as quick as a M3 at 0 to 60 in 5.2, but most of that is due to AWD launch. The RS4 should be alot better.
The new RS4 will do a 0 to 60 in 4.5 sec. Which is pretty much right on with the new M3 coming out. They'll both be beasts.

Old 07-26-2005, 03:27 PM
not me comparing...autoweek and other magazines are comparing the two. It happens that the RS4 did SLIGHTLY better in some areas, but the M still killed in other areas. Overall the audi won in that competition, but keep in mind thats the old generation M3. When the new one comes out, i say bye bye audi, AGAIN. One thing ive learned, even though the styling is to each his own, BMW does not f#$k around when it comes to performance in an overall aspect. not just straight line. my 2 cents
By old generation, you mean the E46 M3 right? Keep in mind that turbo cars can gain performance from simple mods. The last time I checked, the RS4 was compared with the old generation M5.. Straight line, yes, the M3 is right around the corner, but on twisties, especially on wet road, it should leave the M3.

"Say bye bye audi, AGAIN?" Didn't you just say the Audi won?

But in any case, I don't think a stock G can beat the B6 S4 in the 1/4 mile.. Modded, I still don't think so. Stock B6 S4 vs. Stock G35.. yes, probably.. but once that B5 S4 is modded, it should walk you.

Old 07-26-2005, 06:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Originally Posted by SinG35c
With suspension mods wouldn't our Gs handle just as well or better? Nice write-up of the runs BTW.
thanks...

stock its nothing. i killed em when i had a stock 350z. means nothing to me. i think the new S4's are even slower. supposed to do 5.4 0-60 b/c of AWD launch. after that theyre not so fast. i murdered one on the highway. Audi is great n all, but after 130 theyre dead. tranny is also supposed to be not so good from experiences ive had w/ friends...that is what they have said. even tho its a V8 its just too damn heavy. 340hp v8? AWD? should do much better than the times it gives. Now, the new RS4 is coming out...stay clear...M3 competition. (E46) not the new E90's coming out...
wow... your post makes it sound like you hit 130 on a regular.... haha... that 115 i hit that rainy night was the fastest ive pinned... but then again, i dont have a radar dector or anything.. so yea...

Old 07-26-2005, 07:38 PM
yea all i can say is a 2001 s4 with chip upgraded turbos and exhaust smoked my *** that he was home eating dinner by the time i stepped on the gas.. anyway i dont no for a fact he had upgraded turbos but i did see exhaust and the engine def spooled up as if he had bigger turbos so all i can say is i got whooped

Old 07-26-2005, 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by ketch
yea all i can say is a 2001 s4 with chip upgraded turbos and exhaust smoked my *** that he was home eating dinner by the time i stepped on the gas..
Wait, if he was already home before you hit the throttle it technically wasnt a race!

Ok, not like you have a .1 second jump would mean much in that case, just wishful thinking on my part bro!

Old 07-26-2005, 08:39 PM
You still need luck even with a radar detector. Cops flip them on and off, especially laser, so if you are doing 130 you may only get a ticket for doing 100 - but that is still going to sting.

The best way is to send out some one ahead and have them check out the road, traffic going the other way and for any parked cops. Put in your earpiece on your cell and let them give you a realtime report on any cop action.

Naturally, all of this should only be done for the sake of science - like say testing to see if the speed rating on your tires is accurate. ;-)

BTW, I read that that RS4 is going to run between $75-80K, so it better be able to kick some serious *** on down the road.

Last edited by pturbo; 07-26-2005 at 08:41 PM.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my friend has a B5 A4 1.8 T and everyday he tells me how much he hates it. its just wrogn when you pay 30 k for a car then a camry smokes you. let me give a example their turbo has such a lag we were at a stop light waithing to turn left and it turned yellow im like go his liek im punching it and no joke it took liek 3-4 seconds for the car to get going.

Old 07-26-2005, 10:48 PM
Originally Posted by slikster818
my friend has a B5 A4 1.8 T and everyday he tells me how much he hates it. its just wrogn when you pay 30 k for a car then a camry smokes you. let me give a example their turbo has such a lag we were at a stop light waithing to turn left and it turned yellow im like go his liek im punching it and no joke it took liek 3-4 seconds for the car to get going.

They're talking about the S4 here. Completely different story. And you're wrong about the turbo lag. The turbo is so small on the A4, that theres barely any room for lag. What you're talking about is torque. The A4 has NO torque, and it weighs so much it takes time for it to get moving. Put a chip in it, and its a different story. You'll notice the difference right away. The chip APR makes raises the torque by 100lbs I believe.(at the peak of course) But anyways you get the point.

Old 07-27-2005, 12:25 AM
Originally Posted by Boost99A4
The turbo is so small on the A4, that theres barely any room for lag. What you're talking about is torque. The A4 has NO torque, and it weighs so much it takes time for it to get moving. .
hahaha..that just sounded funny as I started to read it, becuase it is very true...the turbos on the VWs and Audis are SO small. But there is a lag, for sure, and the torque issue. You can actually floor a 1.8t, hear the engine roar, then the turbo spools and finally gives you power. Even with my brothers 20th Ann GTI, with many bolt ons and APR chip, when you smash the gas, he hear the engine and the turbo spool, then, the car just pins you to your seat for a few seconds. I've been in SC and TC cars and I really love the spool and push you get from a turbo..makes the stomach feel funny

Old 07-27-2005, 12:32 AM
It's close but, numbers-wise the B5 S4 should have the G35, 6MT or 5AT. It's hard-pressed to get the stock G35 under 14 seconds for the 1/4-mile. The B5 S4 is a sub-14 second 1/4-mile car. Bad drivers are bad drivers, but the S4 should be faster even if the 6MT G35 has a 48hp advantage.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.