G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Anyone run against any B5 S4s...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2005 | 01:54 AM
|
Anyone run against any B5 S4s...

Just curious to know if anybody has had any run ins with any S4's, whether it be stock or chipped. If so, please post details...

I KNOW that my modded, even when it was stock, G35 6MT can take a stock 6spd B5 S4, just took one pretty easily tonight. Im telling you that 3rd gear pulls hard as hell!! Anyways, post up and let me know how your situation played out.

Old 07-26-2005 | 02:14 AM
Originally Posted by G35Wizard
Just curious to know if anybody has had any run ins with any S4's, whether it be stock or chipped. If so, please post details...

I KNOW that my modded, even when it was stock, G35 6MT can take a stock 6spd B5 S4, just took one pretty easily tonight. Im telling you that 3rd gear pulls hard as hell!! Anyways, post up and let me know how your situation played out.

i dont know buddy...sorry to say, i think you MAY be mistaken? the S4 is a monster... aiite, first i'll open with some facts...

1) you have 6MT, i have 5AT; which are pretty close performance wise... [but you ARE faster, but i dont think that margin can make up the difference i'm about to describe to you]

2) if you just rolled up next to it [or vice versa], there might be a chance, that this fool was a poser S4... not likely, but still.... a chance

3) you didn't say how long you ran, where you ran, or what type of road...

NOW... my experience with a S4... i have TWO, lucky you...

time #1... it was a cold and rainy night, during winter in SoCal... raining like a mother.... i am on PCH turning onto sunset and onto Palisades Drive [into a small passage i call "the canyon"]... its only mild in twists n turns, but they are long, sweeping turns... so its easy to mis-time your punch-in with the gas... so i'm entering the straight away to the entrance of the canyon, and i hear the rumble of a passing car, its a silver S4 AVANT [the wagon]... he has black rims, but his license plates werent on / dealer frames *so i'm thinking its new, let's give this guy a run*... so we go, blasting thru the straights... i have a half car lead, we top out 115 mph, its about a 2.5 mile run total... but on the TURNS, that guy's AWD was amazing... i was going thru the turns with my slip light strobbing, accel off, 80mph, maybe 85.... he was easily gunning it past 90, pedal to the floor, engine roaring... very scary... almost evil engine growl... i flashed my lights at the top of the canyon and i turned off... but later i heard that was his 2nd S4 avant and he knows how to drive em off their wheels...haha, so might have been a driver's race

time #2.... this one was a bit diff... on the 10 freeway, connecting to PCH, S4 sedan this time... we're in bumper to bumper... ALMOST ;] ... we can barely weave in and out... he had a UCLA plate on, and since im going to UCSD next year, i wanted to give him a run, see if he's a college "kid" or college "prof" hahaha [if that makes any sense]... anyways... so he's in the furthest left lane, im in the furthest right... we go for about 3 miles in and out of traffic [but ofcouse i give the signals like a good boy; he doesnt]... finally an opening in the middle lane, but he doesnt see it, so i grab it, and slide on to...?victory?... i dont call that a win, i call that an experience... lol, that car can handle its fat *** thru any situations....

sorry if i didnt help... but lets just say... i want a S4 badly...

Old 07-26-2005 | 02:43 AM
With suspension mods wouldn't our Gs handle just as well or better? Nice write-up of the runs BTW.

Old 07-26-2005 | 02:45 AM
Before any of you go on a rampage, let me preface my respone with the fact that I still have <500 miles on my G and thus haven't been able to fully let it run (that and I had to get a 5AT for the other drivers in the family).

Anyways, I just traded in my B5 S4 (pretty much fully loaded 6MT), and as I've been telling my buddies, the power curve on that car was pretty crazy... I mean I had access to peak torque at 1850rpm and the AWD made sure I could throw myself into my seat at whim. Cornering felt like I was on rails (AWD). That being said, I'm definitely happy with my G35 but I'll probably need to eventually change out the springs (the car definitely rolls in the corners) and upgrade the brakes (the 05 feels really mushy compared to my S4 brakes). However, keeping the G above 3000rpm does give a pretty similar thrill ride

Old 07-26-2005 | 02:47 AM
Originally Posted by G35Wizard

Stock yes. Chipped S4.. I'm not too sure. 307hp/366tq on a single $600 mod.

Old 07-26-2005 | 03:15 AM
stock its nothing. i killed em when i had a stock 350z. means nothing to me. i think the new S4's are even slower. supposed to do 5.4 0-60 b/c of AWD launch. after that theyre not so fast. i murdered one on the highway. Audi is great n all, but after 130 theyre dead. tranny is also supposed to be not so good from experiences ive had w/ friends...that is what they have said. even tho its a V8 its just too damn heavy. 340hp v8? AWD? should do much better than the times it gives. Now, the new RS4 is coming out...stay clear...M3 competition. (E46) not the new E90's coming out...

Old 07-26-2005 | 04:22 AM
i don't give a f**k.... i hate audi's... just a piece of ****... car spends more time at the dealer gettin fixed... god damn!!!!! just hate that name "audi" period... and VW too... just my .02cent... sorry if i offended anyone...

Old 07-26-2005 | 05:55 AM
Originally Posted by davidchoi425
i don't give a f**k.... i hate audi's... just a piece of ****... car spends more time at the dealer gettin fixed... god damn!!!!! just hate that name "audi" period... and VW too... just my .02cent... sorry if i offended anyone...
Good for you?

Old 07-26-2005 | 05:59 AM
Originally Posted by papagz
stock its nothing. i killed em when i had a stock 350z. means nothing to me. i think the new S4's are even slower. supposed to do 5.4 0-60 b/c of AWD launch. after that theyre not so fast. i murdered one on the highway. Audi is great n all, but after 130 theyre dead. tranny is also supposed to be not so good from experiences ive had w/ friends...that is what they have said. even tho its a V8 its just too damn heavy. 340hp v8? AWD? should do much better than the times it gives. Now, the new RS4 is coming out...stay clear...M3 competition. (E46) not the new E90's coming out...
Lol.. You're comparing the RS4 to the M3? Alright..

Old 07-26-2005 | 06:21 AM
Originally Posted by vstypicals
Lol.. You're comparing the RS4 to the M3? Alright..
If I recall the RS4 will have over 400HP, so it will be faster than the E46 M3. Germans Engineers aren't too much into drag racing. They design cars primarily for driving fast on the twisties.

I had the pleasure of driving an RS6 once, and there aren't too many cars faster from a roll. I just prefer manual trannies to automatics, so I never considered buying one. Also, I hate those dam shark fins on the roof.

Old 07-26-2005 | 09:28 AM
B6 or B5 S4? I am an old audi guy myself. The B6 S4 is faster in the short run (AWD) so if you were going from a stop then he would have gotten you, so would a B5 S4. And a B5 with a chip will blow the doors off a stocker G all across the board. APR Stage 1 on a B5 S4 and the thing is sick, handles great, AWD, and lots of boost (B5 only). However like the G the B6 S4 doesn't have much gain from bolt on mods so that would prolly be close if you went from a roll. sorry if that didn't make any sense.

Old 07-26-2005 | 10:25 AM
Had a run in with a B6 A4 recently. He was riding my butt heading towards an onramp, and at a quick glance I though it was a co-worker of mine (owns an A4) so I thoguht I'd have a little fun with him, and took the ramp fairly quickly....when we hit the highway I gunned it for one exit. I had him by several car lengths pretty quickly, and when I got off that first exit he passed me and I realized it was an S4, not an A4.

I wasn't very impressed :shurg:

Old 07-26-2005 | 10:32 AM
|
Just to clarify, I was talking about the B5 S4s. For people that don't know they are 00-02 models, V6 bi-turbo. And yes a stock S4 I was able to pull on pretty well, on the highway from a 60mph start...from the start about even, S4 slightly pulled until late 2nd and early third. The B6 S4, if it is a Tip trans, will be about the same, if not better. Much heavier and no boost. Not bustin on them, just wanted to see how other G owners have faired with them.

Old 07-26-2005 | 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by hater
B6 or B5 S4? I am an old audi guy myself. The B6 S4 is faster in the short run (AWD) so if you were going from a stop then he would have gotten you, so would a B5 S4. And a B5 with a chip will blow the doors off a stocker G all across the board. APR Stage 1 on a B5 S4 and the thing is sick, handles great, AWD, and lots of boost (B5 only). However like the G the B6 S4 doesn't have much gain from bolt on mods so that would prolly be close if you went from a roll. sorry if that didn't make any sense.
AW represent. Stock B5 S4 would lose, chipped B5 S4 would win (esp if he has GIAC X sauce), B6 S4 would be close.

I used to have a modded B5 S4 and have driven a couple B6 S4's

Old 07-26-2005 | 11:37 AM
Just to corroberate whats already been said, I have also had a successful pulling on a B5. The S4 was dark blue and had an exhaust and black wheels. Im 5AT and PC and Ztube and the runwas a roll on...i must have pulled at least 1 car. Afterwards, the guy was so mad he wouldnt even look at me, then he followed me onto the freeway where I didnt think he was going to haul again, but to my surprise, he wanted round 2. He does the fly by thing, and I chase, and im gaining on him from behind (maybe the slipstream?), and suddenly......KA BAND ON V1!!!! EXIT THE FREEWAY AND BONE THE F*CK OUT!!!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.