G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Spotted New GT-R in So-Cal, North Hollywood/ Westwood area

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 07:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WRAH
I disagree, if you buy a basic civic and rebuilt to the same specs as an Si. Then its an Si.
Wrong. It's close to being one, but still not. Take an old 67 Vette, build it up to L-88 specs, and try to pass it off as one at a car show and see the reactions.

You will get a thumbs up for the work done, and a thumbs down for trying to pretend you have something you really don't.

Old 07-31-2005, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by HOO-MAN?
you have a huge complex if you think its a big deal to have a gtr emblem on a fi g... its probably as close as you can come to the new gtr coming next year. why hate? like this thread , its a waste of YOUR time...
I don't think anyone thinks its a BIG DEAL, simply something silly that is funny to comment about.

Old 07-31-2005, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by ScapGF
Because I think its retarded. It being a free country allows me to think and express that if I want.

Are you telling me that you never get annoyed at things people do that are blatantly stupid?

How about this, you are obviously an audio guy by your name, so what if this same guy had some copies of real certificates showing that he won audio competitions that he didn't even have the correct equipment to qualify for? Would you not call him a poser?
I never said that rebadging the car to a GT-R is acceptable. What I said was he is allowed to do as he pleases with his money and his car. It isn't hurting anyone.

Also, being a free country does mean you can express how you feel, just don't expect everyone to agree with you.

Do I get annoyed with people doing things that are blatantly stupid? Yes, but I dont consider this blatantly stupid; nor would I lose sleep over it. I'm too laid back and easy going to give a d*mn about some guy who chooses to put a GT-R badge on his car which HE paid over 30 grand for.

If a guy with a Ferrari wants to put a Civic badge on it, then so be it. Why should it matter to me? Can I judge him? Not unless I know the reasons for which he did what he did.

As for the audio analogy, I really wouldn't care if he had "fake" certificates. Again, it effects me in no way, shape, or form. He knows he's lying and if that's how he wishes to present himself, then I can't find a way that his actions would affect me. Would he be a liar? Yes. Would I care? Nope.

Now if this guy lied to win a competition, then that's completely different. That's like this G35 guy trying to sell his car as a GT-R to another person. However, that is clearly not the case here.

Old 07-31-2005, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by GeeWillikers
I can't believe there is actually a thread about this.. I feel dumber having read it.

I sometimes feel like selling the thing so I don't get associated with people that don't understant that it IS JUST A CAR.

Old 07-31-2005, 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by g35audioman
I never said that rebadging the car to a GT-R is acceptable. What I said was he is allowed to do as he pleases with his money and his car. It isn't hurting anyone.

Also, being a free country does mean you can express how you feel, just don't expect everyone to agree with you.

Do I get annoyed with people doing things that are blatantly stupid? Yes, but I dont consider this blatantly stupid; nor would I lose sleep over it. I'm too laid back and easy going to give a d*mn about some guy who chooses to put a GT-R badge on his car which HE paid over 30 grand for.

If a guy with a Ferrari wants to put a Civic badge on it, then so be it. Why should it matter to me? Can I judge him? Not unless I know the reasons for which he did what he did.

As for the audio analogy, I really wouldn't care if he had "fake" certificates. Again, it effects me in no way, shape, or form. He knows he's lying and if that's how he wishes to present himself, then I can't find a way that his actions would affect me. Would he be a liar? Yes. Would I care? Nope.

Now if this guy lied to win a competition, then that's completely different. That's like this G35 guy trying to sell his car as a GT-R to another person. However, that is clearly not the case here.
Take some deep breaths brotha man, deeeeep breaths. I, like you, don't really care that much at all about someone doing it, which does't make it any less obnoxious or unnecessary.

I am gonna go buy a GT-R badge right now, except I will have a special GT-R, it will be the uber exclusive GT-TYPE-R, good for 100more hp to the wheels!

Old 07-31-2005, 09:12 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
it will be the uber exclusive GT-TYPE-R
*vomit*

Old 07-31-2005, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by ScapGF
Take some deep breaths brotha man, deeeeep breaths. I, like you, don't really care that much at all about someone doing it, which does't make it any less obnoxious or unnecessary.

I am gonna go buy a GT-R badge right now, except I will have a special GT-R, it will be the uber exclusive GT-TYPE-R, good for 100more hp to the wheels!
Lol. No need for me to take deep breaths. I just like answering every part of someone's post. I guess that's just the soon to be lawyer in me...

Old 07-31-2005, 11:04 PM
Originally Posted by g35audioman
Lol. No need for me to take deep breaths. I just like answering every part of someone's post. I guess that's just the soon to be lawyer in me...
Heh, I just saved my breath because I didn't want to get too into it counselor...