G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Dealer put on 70 miles..should I complain?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 07:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TheGest
what is that icon of cartman in a hitler outfit have to do with me sayin life is unfair about some guy saying some it isnt fair to him he is not gettin compensating, i give advice and even pmed askin him if he needs a lawer and what state he lives, which i think is more than what you did for the guy, i dont know if you got a problem with me, but i personally dont like any icons of hitler in a way, as some people would not like icons of ku klux klan members, i asked for him to take it off in a nice way, your point in quoting me made no sense
I was pointing out the fact that you were being pretty calous in another thread and then you come to this thread crying about a cartoon character in a holloween costume.

My people were also decimated by Hitler but i dont feel the need to take offense at a cartoon character.

-DZ

Old 07-28-2005, 07:52 PM
A CleanSweep Convert
Such use of a client's car is unacceptable. That is why I write down the mileage when I leave the car, in fact I leave $$ (20$) in the car, just to test them out. Never found any takers. Tampa Infiniti passed my test.

Old 07-28-2005, 08:16 PM
Gangster Member
Originally Posted by PDX_g35
I was pointing out the fact that you were being pretty calous in another thread and then you come to this thread crying about a cartoon character in a holloween costume.

My people were also decimated by Hitler but i dont feel the need to take offense at a cartoon character.

-DZ

i wasnt crying or offended, i just dont like the hitler icon even it is a cartoon, very sorry to hear bout your people

Old 07-28-2005, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by TheKnite
I give them a benefit of the doubt this time, consider this as a lesson learned, and from now on check my mileage before I leave the car and before I drive off.
On a side note, I'm from S.I. but the dealer is in NJ where I bought my car and there are a lot of highways around there.
Thanks guys and watch out.
Now I am a bit confused. How sure are you that they put 70 miles on the car? Did you note the exact mileage on the odometer and tripometers? Or were you just giving a ballpark guess. Interested in knowing because then you will see how honest this service manager is. Heck, maybe HE put the 70 miles on it!

Last edited by ScapGF; 07-28-2005 at 09:23 PM.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:37 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hehe

Originally Posted by ScapGF
Now I am a bit confused. How sure are you that they put 70 miles on the car? Did you note the exact mileage on the odometer and tripometers? Or where you just giving a ballpark guess. Interested in knowing because then you will see how honest this service manager is. Heck, maybe HE put the 70 miles on it!
Well, can't do anything now anyways. He actually did mention that even if he did take it home he only lives 20 miles away. Hmmmm, now thinking about it, add those miles to the mechanics test drives.... hmmmm I'll be sure to double check it next time.

Old 07-28-2005, 08:41 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by TheKnite
and a tick in rear axles TSB, which I told them happens only in 1st gear.
Picked up the car Wednesday only to find 70 miles more on it. All the above things could have been tested and verified in their parking lot. Could this be justified?
What can I do?
LOL . . . That's a ton of driving in first gear. I would ask for an explanation. BTW . . . Did they in fact resolve all of the issues?

Old 07-28-2005, 08:53 PM
Z2G
i could be wrong here, but i believe your invoice may have your odometer readings. that might help. but at this point now, there is no point. like you said, next time you drop off your car, write down the odometer reading and check it out again when you pick up your car....before you leave the lot!!!!

Old 07-28-2005, 08:56 PM
Issues

At this point it seems as all the issues are resolved. I even just went out and checked the oil, and it does look cleaner than last week, so at least I'm sure that they did that. I won't stress this anymore and forgive, but never forget.

I'm worried about winter now. Actually before I hung up on the Service Manager, asked him if he knew if stock 17s will fit over the brembos since I want to have set of 17 with winter tires on for the winter, and he didn't know, but told me he will personally check with me next to him, next time I'm in for an oil change. Hopefully he will be as cooperative then as on the phone today.

Last edited by TheKnite; 07-28-2005 at 09:00 PM.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:01 PM
Super Moderator
Yeah, as long as every thing is okay . . . call it a day and chalk it up to experience. Good call . . .

Old 07-28-2005, 11:40 PM
I know that at Kirkland Infiniti in Washington they always write down the mileage before doing any work.

Old 07-29-2005, 01:04 AM
Originally Posted by Beowulf
If it were anything but an infiniti dealership I would say someone might be joyriding. But, you did list a set of problems that can be very difficult to diagnose; any type of ticking or vibration usually is, and my guess is they were probably driving it around tweaking things and then driving it more, and doing that many times over. If anything it could mean that really worked hard on your problems. If it were just an oil change I would raise hell.
lol you kidding me?....... 70 miles for a test drive & you're ok with that? Nothing on a car takes 70 miles to figure/tweak, to fix the problem.
Bridge for sale... Make offer

Attached Thumbnails Dealer put on 70 miles..should I complain?-bridge.jpg  
Old 07-29-2005, 01:29 AM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
70 wooh... way to many