G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

got rolled!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 10:34 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeArlo
Oh man . . . I don't know what is worse - the ticket, or explaining tardiness to your commanding officer!
Skipper gets a copy of the 'blotter' every morning with his 8 o'clocks. Nothing you can do to hide ANYTHING from the old man. LOL.

Any arrest of military personnel comes to the base as part of the morning report from the civilian authorities. As a maintenance officer I give the Skipper his morning aircraft status report and get to visit with them as they blow their stack. It's fun trying to explain why 'Johnny Showershoe' got popped for this or that.

No hiding - that's for sure. Poor squids get it twice - once from the cops and again from their chain of command..

Old 08-01-2005, 01:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nwrzG35
this is my frist ticket...the real story...i was racing a m3, late 90's model, 1st gear 2nd gear and half of third is when i put it into nuetral and just cruised after kicking his a$$, not realizing i was at 85 in a 45 cop pulls me over a block away from my house...and yells at me saying you were doing 85 in a 45, i was being very kind and denied it, saying i was only going 65. he didnt notice that i was racing though, Thank God, then it would have been impound for me..well anyways we started talking and he still was convinced that i was doing 85, i pleaded with the officer and he finally said ok, he'll put down that i was going 65. i didnt look at the ticket until i got home that night, and when i went through it he wrote down under approx speed, 85, on a 65..i dont understand why he wrote it that way? it was a 45 mile zone, shouldnt he have written under approx speed 65 on a 45? well anyways i got a letter in the mail 2 days after the sitation, "notice of correction and proof of service" ,he as checked the box 'other' under the topic' " the citation issued to you contained an error as indicated by the items checked below. this notice of correction does not affext the validity of the citation or the required court appearence" under 'other' wrote down.." Add Rader unit 041543 + vechile # 1161545 to radar unit bov" and the officer dated and signed it...

does anyone kno what the hell this is?!? this is my first ticket so i dont kno what the hell is this..any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks

Go to court and plead innocent. If the cop shows up, ask to see his log of where he wrote you down and the radar frequency reading he got. If he actually does have it, which he won't, ask to see his calibration sheets for the gun.

Old 08-01-2005, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by G35UKY
Go to court and plead innocent. If the cop shows up, ask to see his log of where he wrote you down and the radar frequency reading he got. If he actually does have it, which he won't, ask to see his calibration sheets for the gun.
If he attempts to do what you are telling him to i HOPE they give him the maximum fine and penalty!

I HATE people that try to play the system. Just like everyone else is saying in this thread, He admitted to doing 40 OVER in a residential area! He should be glad he doesnt have to face the family members of someone he killed in a vehicular homicide court case and end up being the subject of an after school special 10 years from now telling idiot teens not to race because it ruined his life.

-DZ

Old 08-01-2005, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by PDX_g35
I HATE people that try to play the system.
-DZ
Hate is such a strong word...and where is the speed limit 45 in a residential area? Nowhere where I live...

Old 08-01-2005, 02:55 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Originally Posted by dentalstud
Hate is such a strong word...and where is the speed limit 45 in a residential area? Nowhere where I live...
My neighborhood has a 4 lane running through the middle of it. The speed limit on the 4 lane is 45 but it is zoned residential - there is nothing off the 4 lane except houses.

The funny thing is, the only place the speed limit is posted is the 4 lane. On the connecting streets that make up the neighborhood there isn't a single speed limit sign posted..

I wonder how that would work if someone got a ticket?

Old 08-01-2005, 03:14 PM
Originally Posted by PDX_g35
If he attempts to do what you are telling him to i HOPE they give him the maximum fine and penalty!

I HATE people that try to play the system. Just like everyone else is saying in this thread, He admitted to doing 40 OVER in a residential area! He should be glad he doesnt have to face the family members of someone he killed in a vehicular homicide court case and end up being the subject of an after school special 10 years from now telling idiot teens not to race because it ruined his life.

-DZ
why does everyone think this was at a residential area? its a 3 lane road that starts where the 94E freeway ends...there is a sign posting 65mph towards the end of the freeway and shorty after there is another sign saying reduce speed to 45..there is no homes around the area it is all comerical..yes i do admit for the guilty crime that i have commited, but u guys need to chill out with the family killing bs crap!! everyone speeds, and the area i was speeding in NO ONE does the speed limit..everyday i'm on that street at least 3-4 times a day, and the flow of traffic is above 50! i need to take pix of this road so that i can shut up the damn a-holes on here that are hammering me down with all this murder act crap that u r all accusing me of!

Old 08-01-2005, 03:14 PM
Originally Posted by GeeWillikers
My neighborhood has a 4 lane running through the middle of it. The speed limit on the 4 lane is 45 but it is zoned residential - there is nothing off the 4 lane except houses.

The funny thing is, the only place the speed limit is posted is the 4 lane. On the connecting streets that make up the neighborhood there isn't a single speed limit sign posted..

I wonder how that would work if someone got a ticket?
I guess it's 45 everywhere!

Old 08-01-2005, 04:12 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Originally Posted by nwrzG35
why does everyone think this was at a residential area? its a 3 lane road that starts where the 94E freeway ends...there is a sign posting 65mph towards the end of the freeway and shorty after there is another sign saying reduce speed to 45..there is no homes around the area it is all comerical..yes i do admit for the guilty crime that i have commited, but u guys need to chill out with the family killing bs crap!! everyone speeds, and the area i was speeding in NO ONE does the speed limit..everyday i'm on that street at least 3-4 times a day, and the flow of traffic is above 50! i need to take pix of this road so that i can shut up the damn a-holes on here that are hammering me down with all this murder act crap that u r all accusing me of!
You said it was "a block from your house." Everything a block from my house is zoned residential. I guess it could depend on how big you think a block is.

As for the rest of it, if you drive like a dolt don't expect a bunch of hugs and kisses from those that try to respect the law. There is a big difference between 50 in a 45 and 85 in a 45.

I could give a $hit if the road is eighteen lanes wide. If you were going 85 in a 45 you ain't getting any sympathy from this corner.

Last edited by GeeWillikers; 08-01-2005 at 04:15 PM.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hate is such a strong word...
Who cares how strong it is? Accuracy is accuracy. I hate this whiny, I-did-it-but-can't-sack-up-and-deal-with-the-consequences p*ssy crap.

Old 08-01-2005, 09:10 PM
Most states have default rules for unposted roads. In my state, it is 25 MPH in all cities and 55 MPH in the country -- unless a sign posts a different speed. Those rules are enforced, and lack of a sign is not a defense.

As for your situation, you're taking a big gamble on going to court. If the officer doesn't show up, you walk. Otherwise, the judge is going to ask the cop about the radar reading, to which he will respond 85. Then he'll ask about the location. He'll respond with the road, and then remark that the ticket mistakenly said 65, but we all know that location is a 45. The cop will also mention that a correction was sent out. Then the judge will ask you what speed you were doing. You can choose to lie to the judge (65 sir) or say you don't know. Then the judge will ask about the location, and you'll give the road. And he'll ask you about the speed limit. And you can decide whether to call the judge a liar when he says that road is 45. Then the judge will figure out that the cop sought to cut you a break, and you tried to get off because of it. An he'll book you for 40 over. Sorry, there isn't any reasonable doubt about this case. Any traffic judge will have seen this ploy countless times, and stomp all over it. So ask yourself, what is the difference between 20 over and 40 over? In my state, one is a fine, the other is reckless driving (loss of license). My insurance agent tells me the company tends to frown on tickets, but cancels on reckless driving. How about yours?

In my own experience, I've seen cops testify that the tracked someone at a speed higher than the amount they wrote on the ticket. Everytime the judge has slapped the person with the higher speed. At least in my state, there are numerous published decisions that have upheld this result.

Old 08-01-2005, 09:21 PM
Take your chances in court. I guarantee you you will not be any worse off as long as you are respectful of the judge and police officer, IF he shows. The correction was to show radar was used, not to show that the zone was a 45 instead of a 65, unless I'm reading it wrong.

Old 08-01-2005, 09:27 PM
here in hawaii, if the officer wrote down the wrong things down on the ticket, proving with pictures or what have you, it will get dismissed, even if the odds are against you. so if you took a pic of the speed limit of where you were caught, and show it in court, it would be dismissed.

though there is no excuse for what you did. you're lucky to even get away with it.

Old 08-01-2005, 09:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you have no moving violations, you definately want to challenge the citation. Hell, you might get lucky and the cop won't show, and the case will be dismissed. On the other hand even if he does show, simply say something lame like you just passed someone on the highway and didn't have a chance to lower your speed back to the limit. With no priors, almost all judges will give you probation before verdict which means the citation is wiped off your record if you behave yourself for a set period, usually around six months. The judge will make you pay court costs and that fee will vary by jurisdiction.

Old 08-01-2005, 11:37 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GeeWillikers
You said it was "a block from your house." Everything a block from my house is zoned residential. I guess it could depend on how big you think a block is.

As for the rest of it, if you drive like a dolt don't expect a bunch of hugs and kisses from those that try to respect the law. There is a big difference between 50 in a 45 and 85 in a 45.

I could give a $hit if the road is eighteen lanes wide. If you were going 85 in a 45 you ain't getting any sympathy from this corner.
exactly . . .

Old 08-01-2005, 11:58 PM
Or you can get the dentalstud guarantee that you won't be worse off, and take your chances.

In most situations, you have nothing to lose by going to court. Here, you can be cited for 40 over, rather than 20 over. So you do in fact have something to lose.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: got rolled!