G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Dealer blames mods and ME! PLEASE READ IMPORTANT TO ME!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2005 | 10:11 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
You could try to sue or at least threaten to, but that's just alot more hassle for you. I would just try another dealership, easy way out most of the time. Well that's exactly what I did, since not so long ago I was in EXACTLY your position. I was however sick of my local dealership by then anyways and ended up going to the FGC sponsor dealership about 2hrs away. I would have to say it was more than worth my time. Just hope theres another dealership not too far away from you, Good Luck!

Old 07-29-2005 | 10:38 PM
While this is true...

a few mods such as exhaust , intake, coil arent going to push the car over the specs of the V8 engine in the m45 (supposed to have the same tranny)

Originally Posted by GeeWillikers
This will be an unpopular opinion, but is a circumstance I've encountered in the past.

Car and drivetrain is engineered to handle specific horsepower and torque values.

Modifications increase these values.

Drivetrain breaks down due to increased horsepower & torque.

Modifications caused breakdown.

End of story.

Not always true but it is a legal position that the dealer can stand by if they choose to. In the case I was privy to, the dealer won.

Go to another dealer. Don't waste your time.

Old 07-29-2005 | 10:39 PM
Walking The Fine Line...
Staff Alumni
Premier Member
Originally Posted by Potty_Pants
While this is true...

a few mods such as exhaust , intake, coil arent going to push the car over the specs of the V8 engine in the m45 (supposed to have the same tranny)
I agree, was just stating the circumstances I observed first hand.

Old 07-29-2005 | 10:59 PM
Papaz! I too have had bad service from Infiniti of Santa Monica! I would not waste your time there anymore. I suggest taking your vehicle to another Infiniti dealership in your area even if it is a small drive. I bought my G from them used and it had a few problems with it that I could not detect at the time of purchase. Anyhow, they would not correct the problems and RESISTED as much as humanly possible! I took my car to another dealership and they got me taken care of right away. If I were in your shoes I would call Infiniti customer service and have them document your experience. Enough poor service complaints will get them shut down.

-t3k

Old 07-29-2005 | 11:06 PM
I wouldn't worry, the engineer will hook you up with a new transmission. The last time an engineer contacted me and said they were flying a Japanese engineer in too!!! They dont care about dealers, they do WHATS right...trust me.

Old 07-29-2005 | 11:31 PM
If you've got a local consumer advocate or BBB, you should definitely let them know about the situation.

Down here they run this thing on the news called Action Line. You basically go on TV and tell your side. You'd be surprised how willing the businesses are to cooperate with you when they know that they are getting reamed on TV and that will affect their bottom line.

If that doesn't work, then it's legal action or another dealer.

Best of luck.

Old 07-29-2005 | 11:59 PM
|
awesome good to know that there shouldnt be much worry. Infiniti suckssss at santa monica. My dad is threatening to sue n $hit too if they mess w/ us some more. We will see what the engineer says. I would love to get these guys to shutup tho. Thanks alot guys appreciate the help. This should be interesting...were calling infiniti too to make sure it is well noted that the service sucks there. TWICE!

Old 07-30-2005 | 12:09 AM
WOW, all this talk about mods voiding warrenties makes me wery on putting mods on my car. i want to order a rogue short shifter, but this makes me think twice becasue the shifter can be related to grinds and transmission damage.

Also im have springs and a Y pipe on order, and now im scared to instll them when they come in. should i call my dealership and make sure there okay with this?

Old 07-30-2005 | 12:32 AM
ONEmike, every dealership will be different. One dealership in the GTA was mod friendly (my last car), in fact they actually installed some of these mods.

I would talk to them in general, but do not provide your name. Its a tough call....depends on your relationship with the dealer.

Old 07-30-2005 | 12:40 AM
► Matt ◄
Originally Posted by MikeStarrG35
I am sorry to hear that, but you should point out to them that they have to prove you are causing the problem, or threaten to sue them. Sounds like my dealership. NEVER GO TO HERB CHAMBERS INFINITI (atleast for service)

-Mike
Dont want to hijack but Mike, goto Kelly Infiniti if you dont mind the drive. Their pretty good about mods. They replaced some worn out rear tie rods (one was worn but they did both) and they did it under warranty. I had my car lowered at the time and they didnt mention it at all. Their nice guys over their.. idleast so far they have been.

Matt

Old 07-30-2005 | 12:59 AM
Omega Enthusiast
I'm an engineer. Sounds like you need a new tranny.

No, I don't work for Infiniti.

Old 07-30-2005 | 01:02 AM
>Have you ever heard of shifting TOO FAST? apparently i need a full racing clutch for it to handle my fast shifts.

I think they are saying that you are entering the gates too quickly without
proper clutch disengagement and flywheel spindown which prematurely wears out
the syncro.

..but it's a new car..shouldn't grind.

Old 07-30-2005 | 01:04 AM
Can someone explain to me why any dealer would want to not do warranty service? With 90%+ of the revenue of a car dealership coming from service, why would a dealer pass up a prime job like a tranny replacement? It's like a license to print money. I don't get it. But no matter what, you need a new stealer.

ta ta.
P

Old 07-30-2005 | 05:23 AM
I would contact Infiniti directly. Ultimately, the manufacturer decides what their position is, not the dealership. That being said, if Infiniti denies the warranty claim on the basis of the mods you have, I'd stop wasting time and take legal action. File the lawsuit. They will really need a strong case to win a case like this on that argument. While anything can happen in court, I'd say as long as you present the facts clearly, you're chances of winning are pretty good. But it's even more likely that their attorneys will not see it as cost effective to fight such a low cost(relative) and low probability case. This is a breach of contract case if they choose not to honor the warranty. Unless you are making an unreasonable argument or the repairs clearly are not covered in the warranty, I expect a judge and/or jury will frown on the large corporation. I really don't think it would ever get to that point though...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dealer blames mods and ME! PLEASE READ IMPORTANT TO ME!