G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Graduation, New Job, and a New G!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2005 | 04:19 PM
Good work, man. You deserve, you worked for it, you earned it, and you got it.

Your story is so much better than "Mommy and daddy said I deserved it because I stayed out of jail and didn't fail out of high school."

I'm proud of you.

Old 08-01-2005 | 04:33 PM
|
Originally Posted by aerisolphaln
Good work, man. You deserve, you worked for it, you earned it, and you got it.

Your story is so much better than "Mommy and daddy said I deserved it because I stayed out of jail and didn't fail out of high school."

I'm proud of you.
Thanks everyone. Hard work to acheive harder success is what I have always told myself.

BTW, It does a soul good to hear some positive reinforcement. I get a lotta **** for driving my car at work. Let's just say I work for a rather large company in Michigan which does not appreciate my purchase. In my defense though, I wasn't going to compromise on the biggest purchase I've ever made (college loans aside).

Old 08-01-2005 | 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by JoeArlo
Thanks everyone. Hard work to acheive harder success is what I have always told myself.

BTW, It does a soul good to hear some positive reinforcement. I get a lotta **** for driving my car at work. Let's just say I work for a rather large company in Michigan which does not appreciate my purchase. In my defense though, I wasn't going to compromise on the biggest purchase I've ever made (college loans aside).

Im in the same boat as you....I got co-workers and distributors for my corporation telling me that "I am getting paid to much" as a joke ofcourse....but if you look at it, I am making the average for a starting electrical engineer/computer scientist in LA...and half of it goes to pay off the car....but F it...I am young, haters will hate and my pockets will still grow, and Im still ridin one hot ***** f'in ride...all at 23 years old...

Parents raised me with the mentality "Study hard now, and it will pay off later"...its the truth.

Old 08-01-2005 | 08:36 PM
Grats and welcome to the forum!

Old 08-01-2005 | 08:40 PM
congrats man... i did the same thing

Old 08-04-2005 | 04:49 PM
Graduation, New Job, and a New G! Just like me + house. Congrats!

Last edited by XCELR8; 08-04-2005 at 04:53 PM.
Old 08-04-2005 | 05:19 PM
i just graduated as well from Embry-Riddle

My car was a graduation gift from my parents though :-x And i'm working on the job. Being a pilot pays **** in the beginning

Old 08-04-2005 | 05:21 PM
Welcome and congrats! I'm 37 and I finally conviced myself (and my wife) that I deserved such a great car. You are fortunate and obviously worked your butt off for it, we should all reward ourselves and enjoy what we work our a$$es off for... and personally I can't think of a better gift to self than a G! ENJOY!

Old 08-04-2005 | 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by ScottR
Welcome and congrats! I'm 37 and I finally conviced myself (and my wife) that I deserved such a great car. You are fortunate and obviously worked your butt off for it, we should all reward ourselves and enjoy what we work our a$$es off for... and personally I can't think of a better gift to self than a G! ENJOY!
Well said. Welcome Joe! Great car!

FWIW my college graduation present to myself was, I think, a six-pack of Schlitz. Wasn't even cold. Your gift rates better.