G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Attn. California drivers w/mods

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 09:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SkylineR35
I think sthis is incredibly stupid. $5 million dollars! I'd rather have the tax money going into things like schools and better public services. Tickets for exhaust without even testing the decibel levels?? Thats ridiculous. This means even some of our stock exhausts will get tickets because it's already happened on here. People are going to take time off to fight a ticket for being stock. Plus if someone is racing ok take their car and impound it for a month and give them a nice bill for storage but auctioning their car off and keeping the profits wtf! They need to be pulling over and stopping people in POS 87 hondas and corollas going 100+ on the freeway bouncin all over the place. At least if a car is modified right its less of a danger. Grr stupid laws.

*Edit* My dad made a great point in saying take the $5 million and build a drag strip in Sacramento. Get them off the street instead of giving all of us more trouble. Plus taking someones car and selling it and charging them and stuff thats just gonna make them mad. And mad people do waht? Commit crimes.
I totally agree with you , I hate watching those stupid civics maxing at 110 or whaterver on the freeway just to pass and get infront of you, then slow down, like they want to race LOL! anywayz the drag strip doesn't gaurentee anything + its only for sacramento :-/

Old 08-07-2005, 03:18 PM
OMG!!! This is so stupid you have to laugh...5 MILLION DOLLARS...for something the cops already do??? Like someone said earlier invest it in the roads, schools, or sponsored events and make money on the events... I mean HOW F*****G STUPID IS THIS...and then your going to auction the cars off ....and HAVE THEM BACK ON THE STREET???? What a bunch of brilliant people....it doesn't take 5 million dollars to tell someone they now have the authority to pull over someone because they have a FREAKIN STICKER ON THEIR CAR, THEIR OWN PERSONAL PROPERTY. So just because I put up a fence around my house you get to investigate it because I might have a meth lab in the back...seriously 5 million dollars to recognize that someone MAY OR MAY NOT!!!! race. I have a friend with a mazda protege 1.6 liter, with a big a$$ wing, rims, body kit, L.E.D.s, carbon fiber hood, and he would fit this perfect example of someone to pull over....but you know what he doesn't race because he runs a flippin 19.7 in the quarter (sorry, thought I would add some humor, because his car really is that slow)...what I'm trying to say is there is a much much much much much better way to go about solving the street racing problem.

CAN I GET AN AMEN ?!!

Old 08-07-2005, 03:29 PM
Never enough
Heres the problem I have. These cops are not smart when it comes to this stuff. My Vortech is now legal. BUT do you think some dumb *** cop is going to know that? So now he calls the tow truck. What do you think the tow truck is going to do to my car? They dont give a **** about it. By the time I get it back its going to be fugged up! Whos going to pay to fix it? NOT THEM!

Old 08-08-2005, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by E_K
I think most of us would welcome cracking down on street racing. You hate hearing stories where two kids are going 100 MPH down the street, and they take out a family in a minivan.

But unless this article is oversimplifying the new regulation, it states:
"to begin cracking down on auto enthusiasts who modify their vehicles."

It doesn't mention specifically cutting down on the number of illegal races.

And we're not talking about test pipes or turbo kits here. They mention:
"illegal modification such as window tinting, large spoilers, extra gauges or racing stickers." None of those modifications make you any faster.

This just shows that these law makers have no familiarity with this area. If they really want to cut down on dangerous driving, they'd go after those people stuck on their cell phones in SUVs with poor visibility, who are simultaneously sipping their Starbucks coffee while cutting you off on the 405, cause they not only can't see your car, but they also don't give a crap if you're next to them.

This is just more feel good legislation, that'll have instant support from soccor moms, who again have no familiarity with car modifications, and unfortunately, they're the ones that vote.
I Agree .
Originally Posted by Z2G
hear, hear....i totally agree. great response!!!

macgyver,
i understand your point. BUT, according to your argument, it would open the gates to some serious problems. in a sense, you are justifying profiling by stating that it is already being done...so, it's no big deal!!! so, let's start pulling over and ticketing cars with aftermarket rims since many drug dealers have aftermarket rims. let's pull over every mercedes benz and cadillac because a lot of mobsters drive those cars. warning.....we're going down that slippery slope if we think that way!!!!
And, I Agree .

The intent of my post was neither to condone or justify this type of profiling. We live in a new world, and I'm for holding on to what precious few freedoms remane. My intent was to broaden the viewpoint of many earlier posts that were of the tone, "Harley's are loud too," and "Why not hassle the sky-jacked trucks." They just didn't seem to grasp the bigger picture regarding the "Why" of this legislation. My point was that this is nothing new, and people only seem to complain about it when they find themselves on the wrong side of the "Profile." I personally don't think it's right (morally), nor do I think it's the most effective approach, but it does make some legislative sense. E_K said it perfectly, "It's feel good legislation." It costs them very little to try it out. 5 mil is nothing, and they'll generate revenue to cover the rest. If the statistics don't improve, expect them to change the approach. As someone already mentioned, the freedoms they're squashing, are largely those of an extremely low voter turn-out demographic (How many people do you think actually wrote to the mentioned assemblyman?). So I should have said, "Blame the street racers and the non-voting enthusiasts."

The unfortunate reality is that a small number of individuals who fit a certain profile, can greatly influence how the majority of the same profile are perceived. If the actions of those few are problematic 'enough,' the rest of the group will ultimately suffer the search. They seldom understand that the ramifications of their actions will be felt by many other people. Ironically, they are ususally the first to complain when "The man" singles them out.

A subtle reminder of the presence of profiling is plainly written in many commercial locations we visit daily, "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone." When I was a bouncer in college, there was a stretch where the bar was getting 2-3 big fights a night, which is a problem. We'd toss the guys involved and the majority were of a certain "Gangster" profile, which at the time meant wife-beater tank, hat backwards, tats on the neck, etc... The bar then instituted a dress code, which basically meant, if they look like a gangster, don't let them in. Sure enough, fights stopped immediately. Now, do I think the guys we did't let in where the ones starting the fights? No. I think people (Society) in the bar would make the same assumptions about them and heckle them on their dress, or wanted to see how "Hard" they were. They'd stick up for themselves like any other red-blooded American. Basically, the bar crowd didn't want them there, and if we didn't address that, eventually the crowd would go elsewhere. So, the solution worked, but was it right? Policing the few to make society happy is a sad fact of our lives.

Sorry for the long post, but I was gone all weekend. [/OFF SOAPBOX]

Old 08-08-2005, 09:09 PM
Unfortunately, this sort of nanny-state nonsense is par for the course here in California. For some additional hilarity, check out the CHP site on street racing and mods at http://www.chp.ca.gov/html/streetlegal.html, which ends with:

Remember - FTBC (failure to be cool) is not a crime!

Old 08-08-2005, 11:39 PM
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts
Well thank God that the Vortech is legal or else I would be worrying right now.