G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

nismo cold air intake, confirmation on warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2005, 05:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question nismo cold air intake, confirmation on warranty

Ok i'm conisidering buying a Nismo CAI, but I want final confirmation that it will not void my warranty. Also, I live in Arizona, where it is retarded hot during the summer. Will this factor in ANY way effect performance compared to what comes stock?

Old 08-06-2005, 10:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you call a dealer this is what they will tell you. AS LONG AS YOU DOTN HAVE A PROBLEM THAT POINTES TO YOUR INTAKE. FOR EXAMPLE THE A/C LINE GETTING A HOLE IN IT NOW IM NOT SURE ABOUT THE NISMO INTAKE BUT PEOPEL HAVE HAD THAT PROBLEM WITH THE Z TUBE AND THE INJEN.

Old 08-07-2005, 02:43 AM
yeah ... but there are solutions to that problem

Old 08-07-2005, 09:43 AM
Originally Posted by cup0spam
Ok i'm conisidering buying a Nismo CAI, but I want final confirmation that it will not void my warranty. Also, I live in Arizona, where it is retarded hot during the summer. Will this factor in ANY way effect performance compared to what comes stock?
You can't void your warranty for modding your car. But if you improperly install your intake and it cuts through an AC line you are paying to repair that not them. You need to read up on the Moss act if you are worried about voiding your warranty. They have to prove your mods broke your car and they can't void it.

Old 08-07-2005, 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by Benj
You can't void your warranty for modding your car. But if you improperly install your intake and it cuts through an AC line you are paying to repair that not them. You need to read up on the Moss act if you are worried about voiding your warranty. They have to prove your mods broke your car and they can't void it.
You can void your warrenty for modding your car. it just depends which mods you do. for example an intake shouldn't void the warrenty for your car but a turbo or supercharger will the reason is your dealership will notice how heavily moddded your car is and tell you that because of your mods, they can not insure the well being of your engine, tranny blah blah there for they must void your warrenty

Old 08-07-2005, 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by ONEmike
You can void your warrenty for modding your car. it just depends which mods you do. for example an intake shouldn't void the warrenty for your car but a turbo or supercharger will the reason is your dealership will notice how heavily moddded your car is and tell you that because of your mods, they can not insure the well being of your engine, tranny blah blah there for they must void your warrenty
They have to prove your mod broke your car. Yes, adding a turbo would be a hard one to fight. But if someone has the money to put a turbo on the car you won't see them crying if they blew their motor.

Most people who put 200 to 500 dollar mods on their car is not going to void their warranty. They may not fix it but you won't drive to a dealer and the dealer say "Oh sorry so and so dealer voided yoru warranty." That doesn't happen. Besides the dealer can't void your warranty. Infiniti could possibly. The dealer can only refuse to fix your car under warranty. They don't have the power to void it.

Old 08-07-2005, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by Benj
They have to prove your mod broke your car. Yes, adding a turbo would be a hard one to fight. But if someone has the money to put a turbo on the car you won't see them crying if they blew their motor.

Most people who put 200 to 500 dollar mods on their car is not going to void their warranty. They may not fix it but you won't drive to a dealer and the dealer say "Oh sorry so and so dealer voided yoru warranty." That doesn't happen. Besides the dealer can't void your warranty. Infiniti could possibly. The dealer can only refuse to fix your car under warranty. They don't have the power to void it.
ok for 200-500 doller mods the dealer won't void your warrenty if something happens to you car, yes your right about that. but in your previous post your said "You can't void your warranty for modding your car". That isn't true i modded my previous car (2002 acura rsx) to a point where i was about to install turbo and a k20a engine. befor putting deposits on the parts i went to my dealer and said "ill be putting in turbo and a new engine" and there reply was "ok, since you will be doing aftermarket modification that will greatly change the way your car preforms we cannot provide you with the 5 year warrenty you purchaced" so basically they said they would cancel my warrenty, if i put huge modifications...

But with that said all dealers are diffrent and some support and some don't support aftermarket mods

Old 08-07-2005, 11:03 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It actually all depends on the dealership as far as modding goes. There are some dealers that may not decline your warranty from a mod but go a step further and refuse to diag your car because of an aftermarker mod installed. It's rare that this will happen but does happen, I would call your local dealership or even go there and just speak with one of the service writers.

Old 08-07-2005, 02:47 PM
Meth68 has the best response. Talk to your dealer service tech. I know for a fact that anyting I add to my car will create an uphill battle for me at my dealership.