G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

srt4

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 11:06 AM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ScottR
Beat me when??? yes I 'll say your best time was better than mine that day. However we have never actually raced **YET** BRING IT!!
You are absolutely correct. We never did race. If we did, I would have lost cause I'm a suck-@$$ driver with eternal reaction times. Plus, although my best 1/4 was a tick quicker than yours, that was my last run when it had started cooling; yours was still in the afternoon heat.

It's still fun to talk smack to the coupe guys though.

Oh, and to stay on topic, "bla bla bla srt4"

Old 08-11-2005, 11:25 AM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
never raced on from a stop, but played with one a couple weeks ago on I-95 in ft laud. not sure if it was modded under the hood, but had a cf hood and trunk (who does has a cf trunk?). had him the whole way, up and down from 60-110. everytime we slowed and took off again i was able to pull a little and stay up, but he was right there.

Old 08-11-2005, 01:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I see one of those every day a yello one with CF (or fake) hood and trunk.... ugly piece of american carap

Old 08-11-2005, 03:15 PM
Originally Posted by trey.hutcheson
Is that what happened? I seem to recall an issue with a cadillac and a red light...

J/k man. How's the car coming?
Currently set to pick it up next Saturday. They replaced the front bumper, hood, right fender, both lights, radiator so far that I know of.

Old 08-11-2005, 03:55 PM
Originally Posted by arizonag35coupe
Whatever....that video just shows how much some people are hating on the srt-4 because it costs less than their cars and is still faster. Ooooo one broke down on the track, thats never happened to a mustang before. Personally, I'm not a big fan of the car and would never own one b/c the interior is absolute crap....but you still gotta give that car respect for how fast it is and can be made. Throw 2k in a g35 coupe and you get like 10hp maybe, throw that in a srt-4 and you'll get a whole lot more.
Ok folks, my old buddy bought a modded, and I mean modded '88 Ford Mustang about 6 months ago for $12 grand. The thing is a monster. Short shifter, ProCharger, blah blah. We took it to Ford Days in nearby Bellevue a few weeks ago and he put down 366rwhp and held the lead over cobras and even a 427 shelby. He took it to Yakima last weekend and ran an 11.3 1/4 mile. I love how fast that car is and it was dirt cheap. But in all honesty, wtf? It has deteriorating orignal burgundy paint, ghetto looking wheels, the interior is complete garbage and is literally falling apart AND....the thing has the original luggage rack still on the trunk. I've known this guy since grade school and we've obviously come down different tracks. He jokingly says, "you paid $40k for your pretty car but look what I got for 12?" You know why he's joking? Because he knows his car looks and drives like a trash can on wheels and my car is actually valued at 3 times the price. He's like a brother and we respect eachother's rides and there's no doubt I love speed and power, but seriously why would anyone sacrifice sitting in some plush leather seats and in a gorgeous, smooth, quick car daily for raw power? Not me. No thanks Neon. And no, a stock neon srt4 cannot take a G.

Old 08-15-2005, 12:38 AM
http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....&page_number=4

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....&page_number=5

most stock G's dont trap anywhere near 101 mph in the quarter - a properly driven stock 05 srt-4 will take a stock 03-05 G - not smoke it, but it will end up ahead. These are not even the fastest times I have seen for the srt-4, just the easiest to look up quickly. I would probably still race one in my X, but I wouldn't expect to win. In my GTO or Talon TSI AWD, that would be another story though.

Old 08-15-2005, 03:49 PM
Lol i also love toying with str-4's . The people that own them think they can own the streets, but in reality they only driving a turbo'd out Neon. Gotta admitt the turbo does sound bad a$$ tho.