G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

S.O.S! problem with bodyshop! please help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 12:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question S.O.S! problem with bodyshop and YS Kenstyle kit! please help!

I own a 2004 black Infiniti G35 and I recently purchased the yakuza sydicate kenstyle bodykit(front and rear) from 350forums. I took the kit and the accessories to a bodyshop to have everything fitted, painted, and installed. When I went to go pick up the car I found that they had done a terrible job. Not only was the paint on the back bumper bubbling, the color of the bumper and the rest of the body were completely off. The body shop told me the reason for this color difference was because when the kit was shipped off to get fitted and painted only the color code of the car was given instead of an actual sample. This seems to make no sense considering the shop had the actual car along with the kit the entire time for approximately two and a half weeks. Not only did I find these problems, but it also seemed like the bumpers were not sanded and/or primed right. There were marks all over the bumpers and it appeared that the paint was just painted over these marks. The body shop explained that they had told me that this may happen, however, this cannot be true because I have no recollection of this. The alignment of the bumper is also a tad bit off. When I complained to the body shop, they explained to me that in order for such problems to be fixed I would have to pay an additional amount on top of the charges for the fit and paint job. This body shop not only did a horrible job they did not complete the job in the amount of time I was promised. I feel that because the body shop were the ones at fault for these mistakes they should fix the problems free of charge, however, they refuse to do this. I am not quite sure as to how I should go about with this. If anyone has any advice or ideas concerning this mishap, I would be more than thankful of your guidance. I am really at a loss now... and I sincerely seek any of the forum members' help... thank you.

Last edited by jay761124; 08-16-2005 at 03:12 AM.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:09 AM
no.. fortunately I have decided to not pick up the car yet... because I could not take home my beloved car in such a condition and pay them more than 1000$ for the horrible work they have done... I feel as if I have done my beautiful car WRONG.... please advise me what my option of choices are... I can not even sleep...

Old 08-16-2005, 01:21 AM
Originally Posted by jay761124
I own a 2004 black Infiniti G35 and I recently purchased the yakuza sydicate kenstyle bodykit(front and rear) from 350forums. I took the kit and the accessories to a bodyshop to have everything fitted, painted, and installed. When I went to go pick up the car I found that they had done a terrible job. Not only was the paint on the back bumper bubbling, the color of the bumper and the rest of the body were completely off. The body shop told me the reason for this color difference was because when the kit was shipped off to get fitted and painted only the color code of the car was given instead of an actual sample. This seems to make no sense considering the shop had the actual car along with the kit the entire time for approximately two and a half weeks. Not only did I find these problems, but it also seemed like the bumpers were not sanded and/or primed right. There were marks all over the bumpers and it appeared that the paint was just painted over these marks. The body shop explained that they had told me that this may happen, however, this cannot be true because I have no recollection of this. The alignment of the bumper is also a tad bit off. When I complained to the body shop, they explained to me that in order for such problems to be fixed I would have to pay an additional amount on top of the charges for the fit and paint job. This body shop not only did a horrible job they did not complete the job in the amount of time I was promised. I feel that because the body shop were the ones at fault for these mistakes they should fix the problems free of charge, however, they refuse to do this. I am not quite sure as to how I should go about with this. If anyone has any advice or ideas concerning this mishap, I would be more than thankful of your guidance. I am really at a loss now... and I sincerely seek any of the forum members' help... thank you.

If the shop won't fix it, ask them to take it off. (They'll balkbecause they won't want to expend the time/labor to undo their "horrible job".)

If they won't take off the kit, then just take the car home without paying them. (But make it clear that you will pay them the initial agreed upon estimate if they fix their "horrible job".)

If they won't let you take the car, then take them to small claims.

Good luck.

Old 08-16-2005, 01:27 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MAKE THEM FIX THAT ****! this is why it is imperative that you find a compitent body shop before you let them work on your car.. i myself might have payed a little more than other people but anyone who has seen my car has seen the quality of the work that my body shop does.. they have had my car a month since i decided to switch up my kit and i know that they will do nothing short of perfect..

Old 08-16-2005, 02:09 AM
is anyone here a lawyer? and I can take the car home without paying them without any legal problems? Or if I throw a fit.. would they finally give in and do the work that was supposed to be done in the first place? I just want my car to have the "look" of what it deserves! I am very much dissapointed because the bodyshop I took my car to was refered to me by the Infiniti dealer personel in my area ... and, if you would, what would be the most "LEGAL AND HASSLE FREE WAY" of approaching this disaster? ... again... thank you very much for your support and guidance...

Old 08-16-2005, 02:14 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
This is your best option:

BBB of Wisconsin
WWW: http://www.wisconsin.bbb.org
Email: info@wisconsin.bbb.org
Phone: (414)847-6000
Fax: (414)302-0355
10101 W. Greenfield Avenue, Suite 125
West Allis, WI 53214 -

Old 08-16-2005, 02:44 AM
G35driver Addict
make a big fuss. discuss to them in a civilized manner (no cursing) that they did a very poor job and did not meet your expectations and that you are not at all satisfied. refuse to pay for the work done because it isn't what you paid for. if they don't cooperate like a good company that cares about it's customers, then take them to small claims, report them to the BBB, tell all your friends to tell their friends how crappy a shop this is, post all over boards, and never let them forget what an unsatisfied customer will do to their business.
post the name of the bodyshop and persons that run it and their contact info to warn off other members.
thanks. let us know how things turn out. good luck.

Old 08-16-2005, 02:59 AM
its always a good idea to take pictures of every part of your car b4 you drop off the car at any shop. make sure you set your camara to show date and time on all your pictures. since the car is still at the body shop go back and tell them you are there to take pictures of the work they did and you are going to use those pictures to take further action if they do not correct them.

Old 08-16-2005, 04:39 AM
oh.. and one more thing... when I recieved the YS Kenstyle front bumper from 350forums ... on the both sides of the bumper where the piece meets the fender body(indicated on the picture ATTACHED) was rounded off at a size about my thumb nail only reviel a gap when put on the car. When I asked the bodyshop to fill in this gap, they told me that nothing could be done because the bumper is made of "one piece of fiberglass, and only (during fitting) ... segments can be cut off... not mended on. Therefore, they cannot ADD ANYTHING TO FIX THIS GAP PROBLEM ... but I have read that many things could be done with fiberglass... are the bodyshop intentionally trying to manipulate me? Friends of G35driver.com ... I wholeheartedly thank all of you who are helping me out through this unfortunate and disgusting dispute ... thank you

Attached Thumbnails S.O.S! problem with bodyshop! please help!-picture-1026.jpg  

Last edited by jay761124; 08-16-2005 at 05:08 AM.
Old 08-16-2005, 05:08 AM
they are full of **** man... you can do anything and everything with fiberglass.. this body shop is full of crap or they just really dont know anything about bodywork..they can fix what you wanted.. sounds like they are lazy pieces of shiet

Old 08-16-2005, 06:10 AM
For the bodyshops that I went before, they would ask me to sign an agreement or disclaimer. Take a look at that content and see what rights you have. I think many bodyshops are bunch of *******s ripping people off. What you should do is to report to BBB and hopefully get an advise from there. Then if the shop doesn't negotiate with you, you should contact a local lawyer as well as local news (thy might be interested).

Old 08-16-2005, 08:03 AM
must find one that has a history with body kits...and takes pride in it...one that display previous jobs.....Bondo Barry's is not the best choice in this case.

Old 08-16-2005, 09:03 AM
Pay them with American Express ONLY and get your G out of their shop! Go home and then immediately dispute the charge with AM EX. Take your G to a reputable shop and pay for the job to be done right.

This way you end up paying one time for the job to be done right.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: S.O.S! problem with bodyshop! please help!