G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Window Tint - Ceramic???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 03:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Window Tint - Ceramic???

I stopped off at a local tint shop here in Corpus Christi... They are called Far Beyond Tint. I went in to get a quick idea of what my options were. They have this newer type of tint. Its called Huper Optik (German). Its a 30% (ceramic) window film. It is a non metalic type tint, therfor it does not reflect light. Due to its Ceramic properties, it stops the heat from penetrating along with other benefits.

Product Specifications:
- Visible Light transmission 34%
- Visible Leight Reflectance 11%
- Total Solare Energy Rejeced 61%
- Infrared Rejection 84%
- Ultra-Violet Rejection 99%

Its a very pricey product. To do my 6MT will run me $399.00. As compared to the low end tint at $99.00 or the step up to $199.00. The Tint shop has a demo of a Flood light (Very hot) over the tint, and when you slide the ceramic tint under it, little to no heat penetrates. Very impressive! Anyone heard of this or have this type of tint on thier G?

Old 08-17-2005, 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by G-Crazy
I stopped off at a local tint shop here in Corpus Christi... They are called Far Beyond Tint. I went in to get a quick idea of what my options were. They have this newer type of tint. Its called Huper Optik (German). Its a 30% (ceramic) window film. It is a non metalic type tint, therfor it does not reflect light. Due to its Ceramic properties, it stops the heat from penetrating along with other benefits.

Product Specifications:
- Infrared Rejection 84%

Its a very pricey product. To do my 6MT will run me $399.00. As compared to the low end tint at $99.00 or the step up to $199.00. The Tint shop has a demo of a Flood light (Very hot) over the tint, and when you slide the ceramic tint under it, little to no heat penetrates. Very impressive! Anyone heard of this or have this type of tint on thier G?
I have it on mine and in my opinion it is definately worth the extra. I think in TX you would see even greater value in the heat reduction. Much thicker than other tints and i cant say enough about it.

Old 08-17-2005, 04:02 PM
Infiniti4life - Do you mind if I ask how much you dropped for your tint-job? Is $399.00 pricey? It definitely seems to be the right choice when comparing it to the regular street tint.

Old 08-17-2005, 04:23 PM
Infiniti4life - Do you mind if I ask how much you dropped for your tint-job? Is $399.00 pricey? It definitely seems to be the right choice when comparing it to the regular street tint.
mine ran around 250 but he gave me a discount because he is on the forum a lot and many cars from the GSQUAD had their cars done there... i would try to talk him down if you can. also ask him to let you feel the difference in thickness between the two... another factor is how dark you want to go. I believe Huber only goes down to 30...

Old 08-17-2005, 06:50 PM

Product Specifications:
- Infrared Rejection 84%

That price sounds about right for the type of tint you are looking at (i.e., non-metallic, ceramic, etc.).

Don't skimp on the tint and labor charges, you don't want to end up with bubbles and bad tint job. It'll cost you more in the long run.

Should also check out Formula One (www.formulaone.com). I have it on my car and the Pinnacle Series is very similar to the Huber Optik you are considering.