G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

got NXT..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 09:06 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
I use NXT sometimes for the shine, but topcoat with carnuba for durability.

NXT doesn't last for $hit in the heat. Maybe two washes and it's time for another coat. Makes the car nice and shiny, but no good for protection or durability.

I do panel by panel because I wipe the area down with a microfiber before I apply the wax. I find doing the whole car at once allows dust to settle on the wax, and then get buffed into the paint as you remove it. Dust/debris + buffing = scratches of varying severity. No thanks.

Old 08-19-2005, 01:53 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
carnuba only lasts me about 2 washes...

Old 08-19-2005, 02:27 PM
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
What's your criteria for "ready for another coat"? I last polished and waxed end of July (~28th or so). Rained here yesterday. It's still beading like the day after waxing. Still nice and shiny. I've done 2 in-between coats of the NXT Spray wax.

It all depends on what you are looking for.

Originally Posted by GeeWillikers
I use NXT sometimes for the shine, but topcoat with carnuba for durability.

NXT doesn't last for $hit in the heat. Maybe two washes and it's time for another coat. Makes the car nice and shiny, but no good for protection or durability.

I do panel by panel because I wipe the area down with a microfiber before I apply the wax. I find doing the whole car at once allows dust to settle on the wax, and then get buffed into the paint as you remove it. Dust/debris + buffing = scratches of varying severity. No thanks.

Old 08-19-2005, 02:51 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I used Zaino for a year when I got my G. When I ran out, I decided that I would try NXT. After a week, I ordered more Zaino, removed the NXT from my car and went back to Zaino.

Old 08-19-2005, 03:24 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Originally Posted by kenchan
carnuba only lasts me about 2 washes...
Try Mother's. If you experience the same result, something is amiss.

Old 08-19-2005, 03:34 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Originally Posted by jimcambell
What's your criteria for "ready for another coat"? I last polished and waxed end of July (~28th or so). Rained here yesterday. It's still beading like the day after waxing. Still nice and shiny. I've done 2 in-between coats of the NXT Spray wax.

It all depends on what you are looking for.
True, and I am really picky when it comes to the protection on my car. Living in Corpus you have to be.

The heat is insane.

The wind blows constantly:

When it blows from the southwest it carries nasty $hit out of Mexico and picks up the salt from the Gulf and blows it all over your car. All day at 20-30 MPH. Great fun.

When it blows from the north, it brings all the soil and chemicals from the farmers fields, mixes it with bull$hit from the refineries and blows it all over your car. All day at 25 - 35 MPH. More good times.

It hardly ever rains. The last time we had more than a trace of rain at my house was back in June. When it does rain, all the bull$hit previously mentioned that has accumulated on the roads will turn into toxic road film on the side of your car. You have NEVER seen film like this. I've seen film from road salt that doesn't compare to this $hit.

I park my car on the base everyday. I can stick my head out the window and spit in Corpus Christi Bay. From the color of the water, it looks like a lot of people do just that. Even the smallest breeze (a rare commodity down here - it's usually a gale) covers your car with salt.

I won't mention the eleventeen million seagulls that have made NAS Corpus Christi home.

Yeah. I'm really picky about the durability of my wax. The shine of NXT is nice, but Mother's kicks its a$s when it comes to longevity. In-betweens I use Mother's Reflections (just started - used to use Meguair's Quik Wax or Quik Detailer, and also tryed the NXT Spray. I think they are all about the same.)

I wax once a month (minimum) whether I need to or not - I enjoy the process.

Old 08-19-2005, 06:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by player
hi guys,
just read the directions on the back, looks like meguires recommends doing the whole car at once and then take it off after its dried, what are some advantages of doing panel by panel instead of doing the whole car at once?

thanks.
that gtx wax works great on black
I did the whole car in one shot
and it comes off easy..

Old 08-19-2005, 06:47 PM
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Geewillickers.. there must be SOME reason your are in Corpus Christi! LOL

My brother lives in Houston and works at NASA. He likes it there for the most part, but obviously VERY hot in the summer.

Minnesota winters can suck, but summers here are great. Plus I think the cold winters make you appreciate the summers more. And green grass at Christmas just isn't right! LOL

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.