G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G35c vs. EVO.8

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 08:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EVO is fast off the line, but not on the highway actually. I did 80 and go punches on the I-10 coming home from AZ to Cali against one in my IS300, and actually pulled like a foot on it up to 130. Off the line he would have owned me obviously. I only had Intake and Exhuast.

Attached Thumbnails G35c vs. EVO.8-dscn0001.jpg  

Last edited by Inno; 08-21-2005 at 08:52 PM.
Old 08-21-2005, 08:49 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by arjunz
I would get the G over the EVO any day ..... oh wait .. I did get the G over the EVO
So did I....... I was also consdiering both, but decided that I wanted some luxury, plus the fact I also have a Turbo SER at the house as well.

Old 08-21-2005, 09:04 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
No offense, but the IS300 is S L O W~ An Altima is faster than an IS300.

Old 08-21-2005, 09:08 PM
i went against a friends evo, i got my a$$ handed to me.. so if you like fast cars, get the evo, if you want something nice and luxurious, get the G

Old 08-21-2005, 09:37 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
A couple of Evos show up for the autoxes around here. They're definitely fast but not particularly easy on the eyes. I think you'd get a better result filling the performance gaps in a G than trying to fill the styling gaps in an Evo.

Old 08-21-2005, 10:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EVOs spank our car all over the place not just off the line but on the high way too, I think the look is an aquired taste, I personally love it. But it does look pretty immature. I would definetly drive one and have a smile on my face everyime im in the car. But not over a G35 coupe because there really is always someone faster out there! I feel like g35 is already one of the fastest cars out there on the road, and i dont feel like I have something to proof to go race people or something... with that said i still really like the fun factor and looks of the EVO and i respect them when I see them on the road. I might get a used one someday as my fun car and tune the heck out of it.

Old 08-21-2005, 11:05 PM
Here is another issue...The evo's build quality is suspect, ALSO god knows if mitsu of america is even going to be in business in 2 years. They are loosing money hand over fist.

To me the G is the perfect compromise between fun to drive sports car, cruiser and luxury car. I came home from a drive from upstate NY to jersey...messing with the NAVI...but I came home on this great mountain road (rt6) The G cornered great and pulled really hard and the fun to drive factor was really high...

Now I owned a 400 crank hp wrx...The g isn't as fast or nimble as the wrx..And it lacks the plant your *** in the back of the seat midrange the wrx had..BUT the G-35 is pretty quick and feels really neutral in the turns. Its predictible and balanced....ALSO it is REFINED, something the turbo awd 4doors lack bigtime.

Old 08-21-2005, 11:22 PM
G's look a million times better than Evos. For me... what more would you want? The G is faster than 97% of the cars on the road which is good enough for me as far as speed is concerned.

Bottom line... A G will get you roughly oh... 3.2 times the amount of girls that an Evo will.

Old 08-21-2005, 11:25 PM
and let me add ... you can make the G faster than an EVO .... but you can never make an EVO look as good as a G... not even close

Old 08-22-2005, 03:14 AM
hello, world
Originally Posted by arjunz
and let me add ... you can make the G faster than an EVO .... but you can never make an EVO look as good as a G... not even close
. . . until that stock evo owner "makes" his car faster, and makes you look silly compared to the guy driving the ugly car. it's all relative. depends on what you want. i wish every day that i could have an evo in addition to my g (soon, soon). here's why: the g is my first "fast" car, and after a couple of years, i find that my grin is much wider in the corners than going in a straight line, if you know what i mean. driving the perfect line with your wheels squeeling and slipping is really where it's at for me (but not for everyone). speed is one thing (which the evo has), but the evo's got the HUGE advantage of crazy handling--the awd, light weight, superb balance, ayc, and acd make even bad drivers decent performers. looking at a g coupe and an evo in the corners make the infiniti look like rosie o'donnel trying to ballet. speed is only 1/2 (maybe less) of the everyday driving experience.

i've had my g for close to two years now (only mods are the ho-hum cai/headers/plenum/exhaust, springs, wheel upgrades that everyone else does), and there definitely are days where i want some more (a lot more) oomph. don't get me wrong, the g is a great balance of luxury and performance, but sometimes i honestly regret not dropping $25k for an evo viii rs (or less for a used one), stripped it, and put about $15k into it to build a monster. in fact, come january, that's exactly what i'm going to do (keeping my g--or if i get a fat end-of-year bonus, maybe i'll just sell the g and get a used 996).

go test drive the cars, then listen to your heart. i wish i had done so. i was fortunate enough to have the cash, and came across a desperate seller, so the g was a done deal before i had a chance to drive other cars. if you buy a car to get poon, no offense, but you're probably not working with a whole lot to begin with, and your head is in the wrong place (as a side note, the guy in my university fraternity that pulled the most a$$ drove an old, rusted-out bug). just my opinion, but a car is not an accessory like jewelry--it's a big friggin' machine that can challenge you, thrill you, hurt you, and maybe even break your heart. since you're dropping quite a bit of coin, figure out what you really NEED, and then what you really WANT. go drive the cars, and the rest will take care of itself--especially if you're deciding b/w a g and an evo. trust me, after you test drive both, your inner self with let you know which is the right one for you (could be neither--you may find your calling with an escalade--but hopefully not).

dollar for dollar, it's hard (nay, impossible) to beat the evo or wrx sti when it comes to performance (power AND handling). if i was 16-25ish again, and HAD to choose only one, i'd probably go the heavily modded evo route instead of spending the same dough for a nicely equipped g. be selfish. use your charm, wit, and gameplan to impress the girls (or boys--whatever toots your horn). use your hard-earned (or your parents hard-earned) money to buy a car that will impress you. you can't go wrong either way. good luck!

Old 08-22-2005, 04:55 AM
99% of all girls would think G is a better choice. The remaining 1% who chooses Evo over G is a girl LIKE Finiti35. In reality, girls go for the apperance of the car rather than speed. You can't get a perfect car for 35K, but the sales proves that more people choose G35 over Evos. Car like Evo is only for car feaks. I never ever seen a single girl driving Evos. Seriously, that ugly as* car is nothing good but being fast. I would even take Altima over Evo ANYDAY!

Old 08-22-2005, 05:43 AM
Originally Posted by Sukairain
Evo is FAST, it's the bang for the buck performance car that doesn't look utterly ugly. The backseats and trunk are actually quite usable as well. Minimal modding will yield quite a monster. If you want speed and F&F stylez, then definitely go for the Evo. Just be careful.... a 5mph bumper scraper will destroy the front bumper and turbo intercooler. Not a pretty sight.
+1

If you want something fast, with little or no luxrious feel then get an EVO/STI. Like he said, with a few simple mods and right tuning you can get an evo to push 400+ HP. On the otherhand, if your looking for something with perforance and luxury combined, then the G is the best bang for your buck. Keep in mind me friend just got a evo recently, and its a hardcore d1ck magnet, ALL the guys turn there heads when it passes by ( no girls ). However the G attracts all heads

Old 08-22-2005, 05:56 AM
One thing not mentioned is the "what if's..."

"What if" you get into a 5-10 mph fender bender in the Mitsu? Front bumper, intercooler, supports, fenders, etc... will all go ka-boom! They got the good ol' US of A to allow them to waive the 5mph front bumper impact test for their present model line of vehicles. This was due to the extremely high cost of repairs vs. the total cost of the car (and the fact that they failed all of the US mandatory testing). Couple that with their plea of "but we'll go out of business if we have to pass those tests..."

"What if" you get into an accident with another car at highway speeds? Do you really think those 10lb plastic doors will keep you safe?

"What if" you really are not ready for the extra power that the Evo brings? Now I don't expect you honestly and objectively answer this, but just think about it. What other cars have you driven and how many miles (safe miles) have you put on them?

Also think about things like insurance, speeding tickets, what you'll want in 3 or 4 years, etc...

There's more to this equation than speed and looks.

Old 08-22-2005, 06:20 AM
FGC South Florida BOD
Originally Posted by Armani350GT
99% of all girls would think G is a better choice. The remaining 1% who chooses Evo over G is a girl LIKE Finiti35. In reality, girls go for the apperance of the car rather than speed. You can't get a perfect car for 35K, but the sales proves that more people choose G35 over Evos. Car like Evo is only for car feaks. I never ever seen a single girl driving Evos. Seriously, that ugly as* car is nothing good but being fast. I would even take Altima over Evo ANYDAY!
Do you buy a car to impress that 99% of girls? Your statement about a girl LIKE Finiti35 picking the Evo over a G would be incorrect. I have mentioned many times what cars I would only pick over the G and the Evo isn't one of them. If a girl is anything like me, she would care about looks just as much as about performance. I don't care for gutted race cars with roll cages In fact to me the Evo and Sti are 2 of the worst looking cars out there and someone couldn't impress me with either even if they tried. What a guy drives (and how/if it's modded) speaks tons about his style and the Evo doesn't happen to make my "Top 100 chick magnets" list. I'd pick an Altima over an Evo too - my first car was a Maxima and now I have a G35. Next car? It will be a purdy one also. All my original post was implying is that the G is only "kinda" fast for those looking for high performance.

Old 08-22-2005, 08:43 AM
I own an Evolution 8 GSR. It is a very fast car. With the mods in my sig I'm looking at around 365awhp. All the comments about the Evolution dropping off on the top end are partically true. The car stock does drop off slightly at the top end because the boost tappers back but if you get an ecu flash ($200) or tune it with boost controller you can hold around 21-23 psi all the way to redline. Also with the install of cams it becomes a beast. My friend has GSC 272's and his car is insane up top. Anyway, it is all about what you want. The Evolution is an awsome all around car for the money. I got my 04 with leather recaros, sunroof, and infinity sound system for $29,900. The blue book on it is still $27K so I think I did ok. I am now looking at the G35c because I like the looks of it better. You definately will not beat an Evo mod for mod with a G35.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35c vs. EVO.8